Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Collecting Users Feedback
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
umar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 320587 ft
Malaysia

I think prefer more capacity of the spark battery? more time fly 25min
2017-8-12
Use props
fans8a4205e3
New
Turkey

Hi, is there a way to increase 10 secs video recording duration at quick shot modes.?It is really too less, I can't record even a single turn around me totally
2017-8-13
Use props
gezzer300
Second Officer
Flight distance : 697851 ft
United States

I am fairly pleased with the Spark. It does have bugs but in time most should be resolved. Would really like to see a fixed wing mode as the Mavic
2017-8-13
Use props
fans4c1d5dd3
New
United States

I have the most recent firmware installed, but I am unable to see my gimbal controls...
2017-8-13
Use props
connor1059
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65581 ft
United States

Ever since the last update video stream has been extremely laggy and connection between RC and the spark was dropped every 15 seconds during flight
2017-8-13
Use props
Fabic
lvl.4
Brazil

A drone of this level having no course lock (headless) is ridiculous...
2017-8-13
Use props
Darkzi_F527
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76152 ft
France

As many other Spark owners I've experienced the "fly away" bug yesterday and lost my drone (while everyting was up to date : drone firmware, remote controller firware, the Android app, and everything in the best configuration with an OTG cable to link the phone to the controller). As a French customer it's not clear on your website what I should do, what email adress to contact... Could you please help me (I have sync my flight records and can provide everything but I don't know to whom) ?

Furthermore I tried of course to find my drone 1.5km away at the last known position but without success. I used the "Find my drone" tool in the Android app which is pretty bad : first it took me quite long to understand that the blue arrow was me and the red one the drone. Indeed, the blue arrow was not refeshed enough while the green line pointing to the "crash" did not refresh live, had to exit/enter the "Find my drone" to have my real new location.
Then when finally on "crash site" (actually last known position before signal lost be the remote controller (linked to a Galaxy S7 by OTG cable for the record), the red arrow corresponding to the Spark was way to big to find the drone precisely, plus the "pop up rectangle window" indicating the missing duration was also covering my own arrow, making my search in the bushes even more difficult.
Another very anoying thing is the fact that it has to use data to download the map live, I was in the mountains with poor signal making everytgin even more stressfull, and even if the Here maps are OK (and hopefully it is good to have the Satellite layer when in nature), it would be very more intersting to be able to just upload the trace in .gpx format for example. Indeed, giving the possibbily in the Flight Record" to save/export/share the trace as a .gpx (or .kmz, or anything useable with a GPS app) would have allowed me to directly watch my trace on my GPS add (Locus Map in my case) and use my very more detailled recorded offline maps to search my drone more easily.
Hope this could be implemented in futur updates...
2017-8-14
Use props
KeltikCanuk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52562 ft
Canada

KeltikCanuk Posted at 2017-8-10 08:52
What type of device are you running your DJI App on? I talked to another pilot and he confirmed, "yep, I have to set my custom buttons every time".

I contacted DJI Support about the issue with my custom RC buttons not retaining their setting after RC shutdown/ startup. They replied that this is by design and adheres to safety measures in case the controller is used by a second pilot and might want different settings for the customizable buttons on the RC. So, I'm not sure how you got your buttons to retain their setting, but it definitely is set to "reset" on RC's and the DJI 4 App for iPhone.
2017-8-14
Use props
Dronason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5689042 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

KeltikCanuk Posted at 2017-8-14 08:42
I contacted DJI Support about the issue with my custom RC buttons not retaining their setting after RC shutdown/ startup. They replied that this is by design and adheres to safety measures in case the controller is used by a second pilot and might want different settings for the customizable buttons on the RC. So, I'm not sure how you got your buttons to retain their setting, but it definitely is set to "reset" on RC's and the DJI 4 App for iPhone.

You most probably use a cable connection to the RC, not wifi.
Android keep custom buttons, IOS with wif keep buttonsi and only IOS device with OTG cable connection loose them.
2017-8-15
Use props
Dronason
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Ok with latest firmware/app upgrade. Big improvement for android version especially.
Gesture remains really tricky, especially the video gesture. All is matter of background and light. The best is to have the RC and see what the Spark see, then you can learn why it failed.
For CE mode, the 5.8G channels are not accepted by Samsung S6 which is in approved device list for Go4.
Also the 5.8G channels for Europe should be changed for some where more power can be used.
The way the Spark select a channel in 2.4G is unclear. It seems it always select an occupied channel.
Panorama filename could have been more friendly for Lightroom. It is needed to import them one by one as they have all the same names with different folder names. Best would have been to have panorama files named like DJI_101_0114-0001.jpg, DJI_101_0114-0002.jpg, ... so after import in a third party it would be possible to stich them.
2017-8-15
Use props
KeltikCanuk
lvl.1
Canada

Dronason Posted at 2017-8-15 01:23
You most probably use a cable connection to the RC, not wifi.
Android keep custom buttons, IOS with wif keep buttonsi and only IOS device with OTG cable connection loose them.

Yes I was using OTG... I'll check over WiFi connected controller and if the button settings are retained as you say, then DJI was feeding me a lame excuse for what is obviously a bug. Thanks Dronason.
2017-8-15
Use props
Dronason
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

KeltikCanuk Posted at 2017-8-15 08:02
Yes I was using OTG... I'll check over WiFi connected controller and if the button settings are retained as you say, then DJI was feeding me a lame excuse for what is obviously a bug. Thanks Dronason.

You are welcome.
2017-8-15
Use props
Dronason
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

The RC has a connector for charge of micro-usb type A (rectangular).
The cable provided with the Spark is a micro-usb type B (2 corners cutted).
There is high risk to damage the RC connector if the cable connector is inserted the wrong way.
An adapter would be welcome.
Sorry if it is already reported.
2017-8-15
Use props
nice guy
New
Flight distance : 122920 ft
Germany

1. RAW Mode for Photos. 2. For Exposure bracketing, configurable EV (not just +/- 0.7, I'd prefer +/. 2.0 for capturing HDR)
2017-8-15
Use props
fansdd7b388a
New
Flight distance : 38556 ft
Indonesia

Please give us Color Profile and Raw Images, and maybe variable Video FPS, not only 30FPS
2017-8-15
Use props
djiuser_zlBQpT5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31266 ft
United States

Quickshots
     1. Video Reveal shots straight out and in at user defined angles
     2. Panoramas - 360° x 180° Equirectangular photospheres in 3840x1920 res.
Autopilot and Waypoints for Androids.
2017-8-15
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

djiuser_zlBQpT5 Posted at 2017-8-15 19:22
Quickshots
     1. Video Reveal shots straight out and in at user defined angles
     2. Panoramas - 360° x 180° Equirectangular photospheres in 3840x1920 res.

as much as that sounds awesome, the spark can not possibly do 360X180 Photo-sphere due to the gimbal not being able to look straight up, it only can look up at about a 30 degree angle i think. also, if it could the props would be in the picture. sorry to crush your dreams
2017-8-16
Use props
Bearhugger70
New
United Kingdom

How about supplying a cable to charge the controller with the correct Micro USB A end on so that it fits properly into the port on the controller? The micro USB-B one you send has the tapered edge and can result in the port being damage (as has happened to me) which is not covered by any of your company warranties apparently. It's a simple thing, but one that is costly when mistakes are made.

When you look at every other piece of kit that uses a micro usb-B connector they pretty much all have a tapered fitting on the female side so that it's impossible to force the male side into the connector and damage the pins. By not using this on the controller (but you do on the Spark itself), and not making any indications on either the cable or the controller as to which way round the cable should go you are making it far too easy for customers to damage an expensive item which they then cannot get replace because your engineers say it's not wihtin the warranty parameters.

DJI want £143 to repair the unit and return it to me. I can get a whole replacement controller for £116 today if I wanted to.
2017-8-16
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

Bearhugger70 Posted at 2017-8-16 03:37
How about supplying a cable to charge the controller with the correct Micro USB A end on so that it fits properly into the port on the controller? The micro USB-B one you send has the tapered edge and can result in the port being damage (as has happened to me) which is not covered by any of your company warranties apparently. It's a simple thing, but one that is costly when mistakes are made.

When you look at every other piece of kit that uses a micro usb-B connector they pretty much all have a tapered fitting on the female side so that it's impossible to force the male side into the connector and damage the pins. By not using this on the controller (but you do on the Spark itself), and not making any indications on either the cable or the controller as to which way round the cable should go you are making it far too easy for customers to damage an expensive item which they then cannot get replace because your engineers say it's not wihtin the warranty parameters.

yo you can buy the controller cheaper than it costs to fix? i would not be paying to get it fixed i would just buy a new controller if that's the case.
2017-8-16
Use props
Bearhugger70
New
United Kingdom

Thor1 Posted at 2017-8-16 03:51
yo you can buy the controller cheaper than it costs to fix? i would not be paying to get it fixed i would just buy a new controller if that's the case.

I'm still arguing with them over how it's a design fault and therefore should be replaced within my consumer rights but I don't see that being dealt with in a way that I'm going to be happy with, so yep, I'll be buying another controller and being VERY careful with it in future.
2017-8-16
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

Bearhugger70 Posted at 2017-8-16 03:56
I'm still arguing with them over how it's a design fault and therefore should be replaced within my consumer rights but I don't see that being dealt with in a way that I'm going to be happy with, so yep, I'll be buying another controller and being VERY careful with it in future.

yea, hopefully they do something about this in the future! i hope they compensate you somehow.
2017-8-16
Use props
Bearhugger70
New
United Kingdom

Thor1 Posted at 2017-8-16 04:03
yea, hopefully they do something about this in the future! i hope they compensate you somehow.

Given how poor their ratings are for customer service I'm not holding my breath
2017-8-16
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

Bearhugger70 Posted at 2017-8-16 04:09
Given how poor their ratings are for customer service I'm not holding my breath

and i wouldn't blame you
2017-8-16
Use props
KeltikCanuk
lvl.1
Canada

Bearhugger70 Posted at 2017-8-16 03:37

Yeah, I noticed this too right away... So I actually wrote "top" on the end that goes up when connected. Too late for your case I guess, but it might help others.
2017-8-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Please enable 25fps in software update.
Or at least tell it won't happen, because then I will wait and save more money for a Mavic

2017-8-16
Use props
pudelosha
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133478 ft
Germany

1. Waypoints mod
2. Improved CE
3. Controller sensitivity? Tripod is too slow while sometimes I find regular mode as too responsive.
2017-8-17
Use props
Bearhugger70
New
United Kingdom

KeltikCanuk Posted at 2017-8-16 10:33
Yeah, I noticed this too right away... So I actually wrote "top" on the end that goes up when connected. Too late for your case I guess, but it might help others.

I'll be doing the same when I get my replacement controller I wonder if I can bill DJI for a sharpie?
2017-8-17
Use props
KeltikCanuk
lvl.1
Canada

We definitely have an issue with OTG support for the Spark's RC. As mentioned before, I had an issue with settings for custom buttons on the controller not being retained after controller shutdown/ power up. Here is the response from DJI Support regarding my query "We understand that you want to let the customize-able remote controller settings remains the same once you powered off the remote controller however it will not allow you to restore the settings that you customized because it will back to default settings after you turned it off. It is the safety features of the controller in case that the remote controller will be used by another pilot, it will avoid confusion with the controls."
Well, to me this made sense until I followed Dronason's advice and connected to the RC via WiFi, and BINGO- RC custom button settings are retained. So, if "safety" was a concern for not retaining settings , why is this not enforced when connected via WiFi to RC? Answer- its a BUG!
2017-8-17
Use props
Squirrel Zero
New
Flight distance : 44934 ft
Australia

Enable Home Lock and Course Lock settings in the Go4 app please.
2017-8-17
Use props
Adriano Araujo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

I do not understand why a compass (or other system / subsystem) error should trigger a flyaway.

There are five different systems on Spark, and they do not seem to work in cooperation.

1 – Compass
2 – Accelerometers
3 – GPS
4 – Vision System
5 - Barometer

The Aircraft should work well with three, or even two. I really don´t understand why error on just one triggers a fail.

Let´s say:

1 -  you lose compass: You still have GPS (from which you can get heading). The AC can even RTH very, very, safely. I DON’T UNDERSTAND A COMPASS ERRO COMPROMISES THE FLIGHT

2 – you lose GPS: You still have Accelerometers, compass, and if not too high, vision system. The AC should not RTH, but it can use those subsystems to hover in place (not flying away), AND, yes, WITH ACELEROMETESR YOU can CONTERACT THE WIND, making it simple to control it back (as you still have connection)

With Accelerometers, it would even be possible to make what in aviation is called INS (Inertial navigation system). You know where you were when you lost GPS, and you know where you shoud RTH. Using accelerometers and compass, you can get really near launch place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inertial_navigation_system

2017-8-17
Use props
fans67d4b120
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54902 ft
Italy

1. CE power improvment
2. raw file for picture
3.video setup. (25 fps, color, etc)
2017-8-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Just to show how ugly 30fps footage looks when incorporated in a 25fps project:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid916876
2017-8-17
Use props
InkedUpDad.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55276 ft
United States

Video setup options to include 25fps and 24fps.
2017-8-17
Use props
FrenchiVIII
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1691749 ft
Italy

please allow to change the wifi frequency/channel when using a RC, both by WiFi and OTG pairing... (without using any tricks)
2017-8-17
Use props
FrenchiVIII
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1691749 ft
Italy

Oh and of course better support for OTG cable, since it greatly improves the video feed quality
2017-8-17
Use props
ThirdEyeFlyin'
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162444 ft
Canada

Manual ATTI mode.

Ability to turn off bottom sensors.

RTH to remote control.

Follow remote control.
2017-8-17
Use props
KeltikCanuk
lvl.1
Canada

KeltikCanuk Posted at 2017-8-17 03:08
We definitely have an issue with OTG support for the Spark's RC. As mentioned before, I had an issue with settings for custom buttons on the controller not being retained after controller shutdown/ power up. Here is the response from DJI Support regarding my query "We understand that you want to let the customize-able remote controller settings remains the same once you powered off the remote controller however it will not allow you to restore the settings that you customized because it will back to default settings after you turned it off. It is the safety features of the controller in case that the remote controller will be used by another pilot, it will avoid confusion with the controls."
Well, to me this made sense until I followed Dronason's advice and connected to the RC via WiFi, and BINGO- RC custom button settings are retained. So, if "safety" was a concern for not retaining settings , why is this not enforced when connected via WiFi to RC? Answer- its a BUG!

From DJI Support:
About your question, if you are using the Wi-Fi connection you can save the customized controller settings because it is the applicable connection for the mobile device and remote controller.

The customized controller setting will reset if you used the OTG connection between your controller and mobile device because it is not an advisable connection. The Spark controller was designed for Wi-Fi connection to the mobile device.

Please let us know if you have other questions.

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Florence

DJI SUPPORT
-- They are definitely not fully supporting OTG  yet, but I'm terrified to fly without it. There are too many unknown things that can happen over WiFi. I'll live with the "annoyance" of resetting my controller custom buttons each flight or after RC reboot.  It only adds 30 secs to my flight prep, no big deal.
2017-8-18
Use props
premium
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2300 ft
Indonesia

RTH is not landing on the exact position i set beforehand
2017-8-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

KeltikCanuk Posted at 2017-8-18 03:14
From DJI Support:
About your question, if you are using the Wi-Fi connection you can save the customized controller settings because it is the applicable connection for the mobile device and remote controller.

Ok, so OTG support is also on the wishlist.
2017-8-18
Use props
fansdd190fdf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 858993 ft
United Kingdom

I would love 60fps video in 1080. It is so surprising that even £30 cameras have this option and the spark does not. Gestures are fine but 60fps is smoother and gives a better feel to live action like mountain biking and etc. The active track is why we buy the spark but without 60fps active sports happen too fast for it. Please please consider 60fps
2017-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules