[Feedback] Sending my DJI Spark back for repair
3570 15 2017-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
evilsoya
lvl.2
United States

After a week playing with DJI Spark, I have decided to ship it back for repair because the Palm Control never worked for me. All other functions work perfectly apart from Dronie and some other Quickshots which I assume can be ironed out with a future firmware update. I have tried everything from refreshing downgrading firmware, resetting to factory default, swapping microsd to no avail. Contacted DJI support and received a UPS Ground shipping label to DJI Repair Center in California.

I am a first-time DJI customer and have high expectations with regards to DJI Aftersale service. I have also purchased DJI care refresh. Let’s see how they handle my case..

If you have any DJI Spark repair feedbacks to share. Please feel free.
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product.  I wish you could provide more details of the problems you inflicted, we may help.
Like Palm Control, make sure you operate correctly, please view the tutorial below: DJI SPARK - Gesture Control
For Quickshot function, please ensure the aircraft is flying at least 2m above the ground. We would like to help you if you could provide more information here.
2017-6-26
Use props
evilsoya
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-26 03:48
I'm sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product.  I wish you could provide more details of the problems you inflicted, we may help.
Like Palm Control, make sure you operate correctly, please view the tutorial below: DJI SPARK - Gesture Control
For Quickshot function, please ensure the aircraft is flying at least 2m above the ground. We would like to help you if you could provide more information here.

Unfortunately it was not because of the way I operated it, Palm Control worked only once for me when I first received my drone and then it never worked again. Here is my case number so that you can follow-up CAS-742831-J9K4F4. UPS picked up my package this morning.
2017-6-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sometimes when dji are very busy waiting can be very long, so be patient expect to be without your drone for at least 3 weeks and this is a big improvement to what it was two months ago.

Having said they are improving all the time, and there are definitely a lot less complaints around here than two months ago, hopefully this will have improved and they surprise you with a much quicker turnaround.
Good luck.
2017-6-26
Use props
evilsoya
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-26 12:39
Sometimes when dji are very busy waiting can be very long, so be patient expect to be without your drone for at least 3 weeks and this is a big improvement to what it was two months ago.

Having said they are improving all the time, and there are definitely a lot less complaints around here than two months ago, hopefully this will have improved and they surprise you with a much quicker turnaround.

I've read somewhere on this forum from a guy that wanted to repair his Spark that it was even less than the previous 3 weeks delays. Not sure if it's because of the fact that Spark is smaller and less complex/less parts than let's say a Mavic Pro.
2017-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

evilsoya Posted at 2017-6-26 12:24
Unfortunately it was not because of the way I operated it, Palm Control worked only once for me when I first received my drone and then it never worked again. Here is my case number so that you can follow-up CAS-742831-J9K4F4. UPS picked up my package this morning.

OK, we will take care of your drone when it arrives. Appreciate your patience very much.
2017-6-26
Use props
evilsoya
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-26 18:41
OK, we will take care of your drone when it arrives. Appreciate your patience very much.

DJI Spark has been received today by your repair center in Cerritos, CA. I saw that some people got expedited express shipping for their replacement. Would it be possible for you to push this type of shipping? I'm under some time constraints.

Thank you.
2017-6-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

evilsoya Posted at 2017-6-30 12:06
DJI Spark has been received today by your repair center in Cerritos, CA. I saw that some people got expedited express shipping for their replacement. Would it be possible for you to push this type of shipping? I'm under some time constraints.

Thank you.

Your drone has been gone through quotation yesterday and it will be covered by warranty, we will fix and ship it out as soon as possible.
2017-7-1
Use props
evilsoya
lvl.2
United States

So far, the DJI repair process has been going pretty fast! I was kindof worried after reading all the delays previous people had.

It seems like the dates are off but that the actual steps happen earlier since Mindy told me what happened in advance.
djirepair.JPG
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

evilsoya Posted at 2017-7-3 13:50
So far, the DJI repair process has been going pretty fast! I was kindof worried after reading all the delays previous people had.

It seems like the dates are off but that the actual steps happen earlier since Mindy told me what happened in advance.

We are pleased to hear everything turns out to be great, hope you will receive it soon and have a good time on flying.
2017-7-4
Use props
evilsoya
lvl.2
United States

Okay so I just received my replacement Spark. And guess what? It is even WORSE than the one I have sent.. Has IMU Main Controller error, gimbal overload error, can't calibrate IMU I get error -71. Where is the quality assurance and all the tests? This Spark replacement doesn't even fly! I am leaving home in the next few days, I can't manage to send it back and wait again for several weeks! Again, I have upgraded firmware to the latest, factory reset defaults and everything! VERY disappointed in DJI.
2017-7-12
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

evilsoya Posted at 2017-7-12 10:22
Okay so I just received my replacement Spark. And guess what? It is even WORSE than the one I have sent.. Has IMU Main Controller error, gimbal overload error, can't calibrate IMU I get error -71. Where is the quality assurance and all the tests? This Spark replacement doesn't even fly! I am leaving home in the next few days, I can't manage to send it back and wait again for several weeks! Again, I have upgraded firmware to the latest, factory reset defaults and everything! VERY disappointed in DJI.

Unbelievable!  Return it and buy a Mavic.
2017-7-12
Use props
evilsoya
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-4 04:57
We are pleased to hear everything turns out to be great, hope you will receive it soon and have a good time on flying.

Any response?
2017-7-16
Use props
BriRi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1538845 ft
United States

Sorry for your bad experience. I hope they make it right for you.
2017-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

I'm sorry that I fail to reply your message in time because of holiday.
We sincerely apologize for the trouble caused. I have forwarded your issue to appropriate team to look into. I'm afraid the drone will still need to be sent in again,  we will have someone to contact you very soon after review, please wait patiently.
2017-7-17
Use props
evilsoya
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-17 00:06
I'm sorry that I fail to reply your message in time because of holiday.
We sincerely apologize for the trouble caused. I have forwarded your issue to appropriate team to look into. I'm afraid the drone will still need to be sent in again,  we will have someone to contact you very soon after review, please wait patiently.

I mean, this time I expect a WORKING new drone shipped to me right away like some other customers had the chance to receive.. So do I need to open a new case and send it again? I left my Spark in Houston, TX with a friend since I am in Belgium for several months. It's such a hassle, like I preordered the Spark and now I have to go through all this wait. Honestly, it wasn't worth it considering the 699$ price tag.. Doesn't give me much trust in your brand. QC or products defects at launch happen but warranty repair and flight tests SHOULD provide a 100% guarantee that the product you ship back to your customer is WORKING. I'm very patient but god don't neglect your customers like that especially when they are first-time customers.
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules