New Canadian rules
4142 24 2017-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flyinhi
lvl.2
Canada

Transport Canada has issued new recreational drone rules that are much more reasonable than what was released in March.
FLYING FOR FUN? RULES FOR RECREATIONAL DRONE USERS
• within 90 m above the ground or lower
• at least 30 m away from vehicles, vessels, and the public  (if your drone weighs more than 250 g up to 1 kg)
• at least 75 m away from vehicles, vessels, and the public  (if your drone weighs more than 250 g up to 35 kg)
• at least 5.5 km from aerodromes (any airport, seaplane  base, or areas where aircraft take-off and land)
• at least 1.8 km away from heliports or aerodromes used exclusively  by helicopters outside of controlled or restricted airspace
• at least 9 km away from a natural hazard or disaster area • away from areas where it could interfere with police or first responders
• during the day and not in clouds
• within your sight at all times
• within 500 m of yourself or closer
• only if clearly marked with your name, address and telephone number  (still don't like this one)

https://www.tc.gc.ca/media/docum ... rone_users_EN_2.pdf

2017-6-26
Use props
tyler947
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3878802 ft
  • >>>
Canada

• at least 30 m away from vehicles, vessels, and the public  (if your drone weighs more than 250 g up to 1 kg)
• at least 75 m away from vehicles, vessels, and the public  (if your drone weighs more than 250 g up to 35 kg)

Is this a typo? Should the second line be 1kg to 35 kg?
2017-6-26
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tyler947 Posted at 2017-6-26 13:13

Yep it was a typo by the OP....
Fly your drone:

below 90 m above the ground
    at least 30 m away from vehicles, vessels, and the public (if your drone weighs more than 250 g up to 1 kg)
    at least 75 m away from vehicles, vessels, and the public (if your drone weighs more than 1 kg up to 35 kg)
    at least 5.5 km away from aerodromes (any airport, seaplane base, or areas where aircraft take-off and land)
    at least 1.8 km away from heliports or aerodromes used by helicopters only
    outside of controlled or restricted airspace
    at least 9 km away from a natural hazard or disaster area
    away from areas where operation could interfere with police or first responders
    during the day and not in clouds
    within your sight at all times
    within 500 m of yourself or closer
    only if clearly marked with your name, address, and telephone number

Not sure what the issue is about idenitification on it... Wish I'd had that on the one I lost....   

Ian
http://www.youtube.com/ianinlondon
2017-6-26
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

We are going to end up flying in our backyards. hmmmm but wait you need to have an ACRE at least. Sorry no flying in your own backwayd lol
2017-6-26
Use props
Erick705
lvl.2

Canada

And to think DJI Spark is made for selfies but it needs to be so far away to be legal.
2017-6-26
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

I think Spark needs to lose 51 grams of weight.
2017-6-26
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

Xman1 Posted at 2017-6-26 18:08
I think Spark needs to lose 51 grams of weight.

Just fly it a lot and watch it loose weight ;-)
2017-6-27
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

It has removed the animals thing ,reduced the safety separation from persons. Removed the separation from building and reduced the separation from airports/helipads.

It's a step forward I think
2017-6-27
Use props
FlyingFish82
First Officer
Flight distance : 3662503 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the update, its good news they made some sense of it!
2017-6-27
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

It is a step forward.  I think in a year maybe two the restrictions will be even more relaxed.  I think the 250g to 1kg class should be removed entirely.  The 250g is arbitrary and a joke.  In fact the FAA's own subject matter experts (whom Transport Canada puts it's trust in also) recently concluded that the least most risk category should / could be safely increased to 2.2Kg (up from 250g).  This should translate into nearly full regulatory exempton for drones under 1Kg (or upto 2.2) maybe in the near future.  However governments are happy to keep it at 250g for now I'm sure; but scientifically this is an unfounded restriction based on current body of knowledge about safety risks for objects of this mass....
2017-6-27
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Canada

This "only if clearly marked with your name, address and telephone number  (still don't like this one)"....must be illegal on some grounds (having to comply).
2017-6-27
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-6-27 01:47
Just fly it a lot and watch it loose weight ;-)

OK, you cracked me up.  
2017-7-2
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

Wellsi Posted at 2017-6-26 14:44
Yep it was a typo by the OP....
Fly your drone:

i made a sticker with my phone number after i saw your video on youtube
2017-7-3
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UCBarkeeper Posted at 2017-7-3 03:46
i made a sticker with my phone number after i saw your video on youtube

Ha!  Don't blame you; I have my email and number on my new Mavic now....  But truth be told, I reckon that little Mavic is still lying there lost somewhere on those cliffs......

2017-7-3
Use props
Erick705
lvl.2

Canada

I don't agree with the Name, Address, phone number thing because it discriminates against homeless people.  
I'm upvoting this.....
2017-7-3
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

Erick705 Posted at 2017-7-3 13:17
I don't agree with the Name, Address, phone number thing because it discriminates against homeless people.  
I'm upvoting this.....

Ok, now the bite of sandwich I just took is on my lap... lol
2017-7-3
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

Wellsi Posted at 2017-7-3 12:55
Ha!  Don't blame you; I have my email and number on my new Mavic now....  But truth be told, I reckon that little Mavic is still lying there lost somewhere on those cliffs......

well do some SAR operations with your new mavic

2017-7-4
Use props
Smokewagon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348140 ft
Canada

So when is DJI going to update Fly zones in Canada now!!!!!I cannot fly higher then 30m and 50 away now even though its outside any warning area!!!

Fly your drone:

below 90 m above the ground
at least 30 m away from vehicles, vessels, and the public (if your drone weighs more than 250 g up to 1 kg)
at least 75 m away from vehicles, vessels, and the public (if your drone weighs more than 1 kg up to 35 kg)
at least 5.5 km away from aerodromes (any airport, seaplane base, or areas where aircraft take-off and land)
at least 1.8 km away from heliports or aerodromes used by helicopters only
outside of controlled or restricted airspace
at least 9 km away from a natural hazard or disaster area
away from areas where operation could interfere with police or first responders
during the day and not in clouds
within your sight at all times
within 500 m of yourself or closer
only if clearly marked with your name, address, and telephone number
2017-7-5
Use props
lws
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1240167 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

i am looking into this too

does it mean that i can fly at niagara falls now?
2017-7-5
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Canada

Erick705 Posted at 2017-7-3 13:17
I'm upvoting this.....

Actually this requirement is illegal and also would be unenforceable in court...stay tuned
2017-7-5
Use props
fallsilent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336709 ft
Canada

Smokewagon Posted at 2017-7-5 03:56
So when is DJI going to update Fly zones in Canada now!!!!!I cannot fly higher then 30m and 50 away now even though its outside any warning area!!!

I'm not sure where you're trying to fly but I haven't had any limitations what so ever on my Mavic or P4P. In fact, I blew through 3 batteries this evening with zero troubles at all. Both birds are up to date with their respective firmwares and using the latest version of DJI Go 4 app on my iPad mini 4. As far as I can see, DJI has changed nothing in regards to limitations and NFZ's. I've never had an issue, ever.
2017-7-5
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

30/50 is the limitation without logging in.
It could be his issue.
2017-7-6
Use props
Nigel8159
New
Canada

Logging in can be a problem when you are using the drone outside of cellular service coverage.  This happens frequently in norther parts of Ontario where I fly.  Additionally when I travel into Northern Minnesota I have to turn off data on my phone to keep from getting a huge phone bill and then I would be limited again.  There needs to be a work around when there is no service for logging in.
2017-10-15
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Nigel8159 Posted at 2017-10-15 18:19
Logging in can be a problem when you are using the drone outside of cellular service coverage.  This happens frequently in norther parts of Ontario where I fly.  Additionally when I travel into Northern Minnesota I have to turn off data on my phone to keep from getting a huge phone bill and then I would be limited again.  There needs to be a work around when there is no service for logging in.

The trick is not to log out of the GO4 app.  I fly all the time with an iPhone 6 with NO sim card in it.  The only time I have to log in is when I update the app.
2017-10-16
Use props
BalticSeaPilot
lvl.2
Germany

Some idiots shouldn't be allowed to fly at all...

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/16/ ... e-canada/index.html
2017-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules