DJI Mavic Pro Gimbal disconnected
9209 25 2017-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI_M
New
United States

Hi, Everyone
I recently had an issue with the Mavic. After updating to the newest firmware today (06/27/2017), then I found out the gimbal is disconnected within the DJI go APP.
The rest of senesors and componets (vision position, compass, IMU) are all working fine. I tried to restore the drone to factory settings and then upgraded to the  newest firmware again. Nothing worked. I did encounter the firmware update failure during the upgrade: it stopped around 72% percent and got an error message 0x020404. But I did manage to upgrade to the newest firmware eventually.  At this moment I really don`t know what to do after trying all the methods I could.
The gimbal is just dead. I felt there is no power goes into it. Could anyone here offer me some advices? Really appreciate it.
Also, has anyone had the smilar issue before?

Thank you all in advance.

2017-6-27
Use props
iDelaware
lvl.1
Flight distance : 822789 ft
United States

I have this exact problem.  Have you found a solution?  I got the same error message as well as multiple issues trying to update to the latest firmware.  Please tell me you found a solution??
2017-7-9
Use props
gregory young
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38284 ft
New Zealand

I have the same issue after trying an update and getting a failed update message.

Everything connects ok, RC and Craft, but it says that the Gimbal is Disconnected and there is no video display whatsoever through the App. It also shows No SD Card and No Signal. I purchased a new SD card thinking it may have been corrupted, but still the same.  So I deleted the DJI app and reinstalled it. After two more failed attempts I downloaded and installed Assistant 2 and updated both aircraft and RC to .900 successfully. However, I still have Gimbal Disconnected, No Signal, and No Video Display. What the hell is going on DJI ?

Did you get a fix? Or can someone help solve this issue?
2017-7-9
Use props
gregory young
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38284 ft
New Zealand

Has either of you replaced the gimbal ribbon by any chance?
2017-7-10
Use props
djiuser_Gy0ueC6
New
United States

I recently purchased my drone as well. One flight, everything functional. Landed, popped in a new battery.. updated firmware... and now i have the exact same errors that you stated.  Any updates from anyone?
2017-7-31
Use props
GONLADAR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14705 ft

United States

I have been battling with all of this for weeks! I've spent countless hours researching the forums and web. It's very dissapointing that there never seems to be an official manufacturer response or solution. I honestly don't think THEY know or have one. Here is where I am as of this morning. I have replaced the sd card, reloaded everything from firmware to Go 4 to drivers.............no joy. By the way,  I get it to work 1 time out of 10 disconnect and reconnect procedures mixing up the sequence of ONs. The only thing I have done with any positive effect is switch mobile devices. I was using an older Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 and I think it was getting taxed toooooo much.  I switched to a iPhone SE and while I still get similar errors,  I am at 1 out of 3 or 4 connections. I want to upgrade the device even more and see what happens.
2017-8-6
Use props
sky53
New

Philippines

linking process
2017-8-6
Use props
GONLADAR
lvl.1

United States

Lol,  and where were you when I was writing that?
Thanks
2017-8-7
Use props
GONLADAR
lvl.1

United States

So update time! This is becoming an obsession for me! I barowed another Tab 4 from a friend after the iPhone SE started failing more and more. Absolutely baffling! The barrowed Tab 4 worked even better. ........ for a while! Every mobile device I use eventually fails more and more. They all work every once in a while, after multiple reconnections. Eventually I always end up with the same problems
   No SD card
   No gimbal
   No video
   AIR ENCODER ERROR 80000000

Did a round with an online support guy with the following suggestions
   Resort factory defaults
   Reload firmware
   Send it in!
I was eventually able to do the first 2 on the RC but ran into the typical failure for both restore and firmware reload on the aircraft.
The saga continues!
Next tests are
   Eliminating as much interference as possible but going out in the middle of nowhere.
   Using a top-notch mobile device
   Brand new top notch cables

2017-8-8
Use props
fans99fe3952
New
Flight distance : 12070 ft
Haiti

HELP,HELPHELP,HELP, CAN SOMEBODY CAM HELP ME PLEASE AFTER MAKING THE LATEST UPDATE, the gimbal cannot connected to the Remote controller I cannot see any video
2017-8-9
Use props
fans99fe3952
New
Haiti

gregory young Posted at 2017-7-9 17:25
I have the same issue after trying an update and getting a failed update message.

Everything connects ok, RC and Craft, but it says that the Gimbal is Disconnected and there is no video display whatsoever through the App. It also shows No SD Card and No Signal. I purchased a new SD card thinking it may have been corrupted, but still the same.  So I deleted the DJI app and reinstalled it. After two more failed attempts I downloaded and installed Assistant 2 and updated both aircraft and RC to .900 successfully. However, I still have Gimbal Disconnected, No Signal, and No Video Display. What the hell is going on DJI ?

HELP,HELPHELP,HELP, CAN SOMEBODY CAM HELP ME PLEASE AFTER MAKING THE LATEST UPDATE to my dji spark, the gimbal cannot connected to the Remote controller I cannot see any video
2017-8-9
Use props
fans99fe3952
New
Haiti

iDelaware Posted at 2017-7-9 13:58
I have this exact problem.  Have you found a solution?  I got the same error message as well as multiple issues trying to update to the latest firmware.  Please tell me you found a solution??

HELP,HELPHELP,HELP, CAN SOMEBODY CAM HELP ME PLEASE AFTER MAKING THE LATEST UPDATE to my dji spark, the gimbal cannot connected to the Remote controller I cannot see any video
2017-8-9
Use props
djiuser_Gy0ueC6
New
United States

fans99fe3952 Posted at 2017-8-9 06:56

Welcome to the club.  Still waiting to see if there is a fix for this. I have a brand new Mavic Pro, that I had one test flight before updating firmware that is sitting there now... because of this very same issue.
2017-8-9
Use props
GONLADAR
lvl.1

United States

Hurry up and wait gentlemen. From all my research, this problem, or some form of it, has been going on since the major update months ago. I've seen various 'SOLUTIONS ' that appear to work for some but nothing is all encompassing. I'm not blowing my own horn but I am an engineer and deal with controls and PIDs all the time. I won't start to try and say I have any idea of the complex programing involved here, but I will say this, the randomness 8s extremely bothersome. Every once in a while it all links up and everything is FANTASTIC!  That is perhaps the worst part, it just TEASES me!
   Air encoder error 80000000
   No SD card
   No gimbal
   No live video stream
If it were not for the fact that I think this is one of the best drones on the market, I'd toss it in the lake!
That and the $$$$$$$
I'm trying to figure out how much interference, cord quality, mobile device power, etc have to do with all this. Again, the random SUCCESS is driving me crazy.
2017-8-9
Use props
GONLADAR
lvl.1

United States

Oh yea, my firmware is all current but I've still reset factory defaults on both RC and drone using Assistant 2. No walk in the park for sure. I was able to refresh the RC but the drone only gets to 53% EVERY TIME! Obviously it fails. Tried everything including VODO, nothing makes a dent in the problem.
Time for some shots! My nerves are shot!
2017-8-9
Use props
djiuser_Gy0ueC6
New
United States

Hey there - any update on this? I'm sending mine back to DJI for inspection.
2017-8-15
Use props
scott maynard
New
United States

seems nobody has an answer for gimball disconnected. I need the fix too.

2017-8-18
Use props
VictorJW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9255 ft
Germany

I have the same issue on a new Mavic right out of the box. I was going to send it back as Dead On Arrival.

Still not had my first flight as I am still trying to find a user manual. The included pamphlets are printed too small for me to read At least I got the simulator working to play around with.
2017-8-21
Use props
fansfcc6f99b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 874875 ft
  • >>>
Costa Rica

I have the same problem. I just put the drone out of the box. Gimbal is disconnected, I mean completely off I didn't receive signal or image on my phone screen.  IMU, GPS, Motor and so on same working well. I tried to reinstall the latest firmware at least 10 times but always I got an error.
error mavic.jpg
2017-8-21
Use props
NNMDJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 874875 ft
  • >>>
Costa Rica

fansfcc6f99b Posted at 2017-8-21 20:39
I have the same problem. I just put the drone out of the box. Gimbal is disconnected, I mean completely off I didn't receive signal or image on my phone screen.  IMU, GPS, Motor and so on same working well. I tried to reinstall the latest firmware at least 10 times but always I got an error.

The system show me the followin error code
error mavic2.jpg
2017-8-21
Use props
fans9c3f9622
New

United States

I just upgraded to the iPhone 8 and started to get the “gimbal disconnected.” Everything else was connecting as others have stated. After trying many things (as others have stated) I plugged my iPhone 6 back in and everything works again. Sounds like it is an issue with the app.
2017-10-5
Use props
DaveJean
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44295 ft
Canada

Any positive conclusion since then?
2019-4-1
Use props
Juani1
lvl.1
Argentina

Would never recommend anyone to buy a Mavic Pro...camera gimbal loosens itself ..I had to repair the hole cámara and spend half the price of the drone...the rear sensors never work..I did not pay attention to this but then ended up crashing the drone.if the sensors would have work this wouldn’t have happened..I would appreciate a nice gesture from dji for my horrible experience..the serial number of my drone is 08QDE4D0120196
2019-4-7
Use props
Easy Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41414 ft
United States

Juani1 Posted at 4-7 13:25
Would never recommend anyone to buy a Mavic Pro...camera gimbal loosens itself ..I had to repair the hole cámara and spend half the price of the drone...the rear sensors never work..I did not pay attention to this but then ended up crashing the drone.if the sensors would have work this wouldn’t have happened..I would appreciate a nice gesture from dji for my horrible experience..the serial number of my drone is 08QDE4D0120196

No rear sensors on Mavic Pro, duh.
2019-4-7
Use props
Jman1976
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96814 ft
United States

fansfcc6f99b Posted at 2017-8-21 20:39
I have the same problem. I just put the drone out of the box. Gimbal is disconnected, I mean completely off I didn't receive signal or image on my phone screen.  IMU, GPS, Motor and so on same working well. I tried to reinstall the latest firmware at least 10 times but always I got an error.

I'm impressed that you got the DJI Assistant to work. I have tried countless times to get my Mavic Pro to hook up to the DJI Assistant. The program opens and just sits there. The drone is on and hooked to my PC.
I had this happen with my gimbal 2 times. I restarted everything and all worked fine each time it happened.
No after not flying my mavic for a few weeks, I power everything up and the camera goes crazy!
I get a message stating that there is excessive gimbal  motor load. check to make sure gimbal lock has been removed. DUH! I can't find a fix anywhere. I see similar complaints on this forum but don't see anyone getting help from support.
Sure wish I had gotten the Yuneec instead.
2019-4-8
Use props
DoubleEagle!
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28934 ft

I just experienced the same issue so I thought to myself if the aircraft is disconnected then than means the rc is not making con nection so I pulled down the cover where the wifi and rc switch is located the I went to the rc icon on the screen and scrolled down to link rc the remote control you will here a beeping sound sand on the screen you will see binding when this happen take a paper clip and push the little black button above the light located with the wifi and rc section once you push the black dot then your aircraft will reconnect and the message gimbal disconnected will disappear and you will be functional again took me about 10 minutes to realize this and I was flying my aircraft again.
2019-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules