Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
LED indicator lights question
2569 7 2015-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

I read through all the DJI manuals, and I flew couple of times, the LED indicator at the end of the merchine are blinking green which means you are good to fly as same as the DJI manuals tell us. however, I saw lots of youtube video, their LED indicator blinks purple color, and it flew great, for example the video below:

you can clear seen the LED lighting in the end of the bird are blinking purple color, and I did not find any instructions on DJI manuals says it surppose to be purple color except the slave remove controller indicator lights.

Anybody has any ideas why?

Thank you.

2015-3-16
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

I know DJI changed some of the colors over time.   I remember reading corrections from early manuals saying "was this color, now this color."
2015-3-16
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

I have not seen any purple color as always...wired
Capture.JPG
2015-3-16
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Australia

I have a feeling the earliest model had different LEDs.   

I now remember where I saw it, it was on one of the early video tutorials about flying the Inspire.  They spoke about purple LEDs or something and there was a text banner on screen that said CORRECTION, RED AND GREEN or something.  Anyway, seems like they made a change which would explain why some early clips show different colors.

Just found it -

http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/video
2015-3-16
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-17 07:53
I have a feeling the earliest model had different LEDs.   

I now remember where I saw it, it was o ...

ok, yeah, I saw it, so is it match the carbon fiber generation too? purple color match the first style carbon fiber, but the second camouflage carbon fiber style is all  green color now?

DJI did not say anything about the changes...
2015-3-16
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Australia

No, my guess is the purple was pretty but not easy to see and could be confused at a distance.
2015-3-16
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-17 09:00
No, my guess is the purple was pretty but not easy to see and could be confused at a distance.

My guess is:   Purple vs. red is hard to see from a distance...
2015-3-16
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

that make sense to me, just curious about the difference...
2015-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules