New Apps Released Today
1085 8 2017-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jsantacroce
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10036 ft
United States

I just got notices (App Stores \ Apple) of new DJI Go and DJI Go4 app releases. I like that it just says "Bug Fixing". 333mb. v4.1.3.

On boy, here we go again.
2017-6-27
Use props
BobStekeur
New

United States

That's scarier than watching the movie "Alien"
2017-6-27
Use props
FLDS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 305289 ft
  • >>>
United States

Who's the brave soul to test this out for us????
2017-6-27
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

I have a P4P+ controller and a regular controller. Interesting there is no app update for the Plus Controller and that's the one I have the most problems with.
I am in the process of updating my phone (I also use OSMO) and my iPad to use with the other controller. Should be interesting.
2017-6-27
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yeah, noted that this morning along with 'Bug fixes'. Nice to know that it's fixing stuff, but as I've proposed to DJI Beta team previously, they would achieve a far better result if they stated what it fixes and, by implication for us, what it doesn't. That way we can confirm their lab testing and advise success or otherwise, and also be aware of what isn't fixed to manage our own expectations. We'd then feel more part of the process, right? As opposed to just being along for a roller-coaster ride...
2017-6-27
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

@Punchbuggy. In total agreement.

So I loaded the 4.1.3 on my iPhone and hooked it up to the non-plus controller and did some A\B. The interesting thing as mentioned is there is, at least currently, no update for the plus controller and that's the one I use it a lot (unlike some I love it). So hopefully that will follow soon.

The first thing I noticed and not happy about (and maybe it wasn't there but I didn't notice before) is I can program the C2 button for Camera Settings on my plus controller but it is not available in 4.1.3 on my iPad or iPhone. There are several different options on both C1 and C2. That's annoying because when I think back to the Plus it comes up Underfined if I have it set for something only available in 4.1.3 and I like having my camera settings available quick touch although they are half available by pressing the dial. But I am always in manual mode.

On the positive side, and I can't fly right now because I am in Class D airspace and although I have permission the New York Air Show is here this weekend along with the Blue Angels and we are in Lock Down. Helicopters flying all over (Security). I've been watching them all arrive out my office window the last couple days.   Anyway, the WiFi and Strong Interference warnings seem to be gone. In an A\B comparison my plus controller is popping warnings like advertisements on a bad website all over the place. Not the iPhone or iPad. Now for some GImbal and other tests.

I'm still going through more comparisons but off the top one negative and a couple positives.
2017-6-27
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

jsantacroce@hvc Posted at 2017-6-27 15:59
@Punchbuggy. In total agreement.

So I loaded the 4.1.3 on my iPhone and hooked it up to the non-plus controller and did some A\B. The interesting thing as mentioned is there is, at least currently, no update for the plus controller and that's the one I use it a lot (unlike some I love it). So hopefully that will follow soon.

Programming C1/C2 hasn't changed a bi† on my iPad running 4.1.3. Both buttons have the very same choices. BTW, none of my settings from 4.1.2 were zeroed by 4.1.3 ... I mean, I still have Advanced Camera Setting on C2 and Gimbal Forward/Down on C1, as before.
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

I understand the apprehension of updating the App. Hopefully, you are not encountering any issues. You can always DM me if you need any help.
2017-6-28
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

@DJI-Mark

Thank you for chiming in:

What I would like to know is:
- What fixes were included
- When will an update be released for the Plus Controller (I tried to update my plus controller but it said it is current (4.1) but I have all the Strong Interence and WiFi Message
- I still have a post about Gimbal issues here for 3 days no one has looked at. I was asked for examples which I provided and no feedback yet.
- The only issue so far are in my case I am not see Camera Settings assignment for C2 but I will check again. I am wondering if it has to do with switching between 4.1 on the plus controller and 4.1.3 on my iPad.

Thanks
2017-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules