When your Spark loses connection, what does it do?
2770 4 2017-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdbce68d7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 349793 ft
United States

When your Spark loses connection, what does it do? Mine just goes straight down to about 1/2 meter above the ground and waits for it to reconnect. I don't know if it will RTL when it gets low on battery, because I'm too scared to try...

Doesn't it seem like it should RTL when it loses connection? Or is mine weird?
2017-6-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ok various things, if your within 20 meters of homepoint you can set your RTH to fly home at its current level, for this to happen you have to enable in your app,
If you are outside 20m and loose signal your AC will RTH at its present height if it's higher than height you set in the app, if it's lower it will rise to RTH set height and RTH , it will preform these exercises after loss of signal for five seconds if using remote and twenty seconds if using phone.
If you get signal back during RTH you can cancel at anytime.

Best to set RTH at a height that is higher than any obstacles in the area your flying in.
2017-6-27
Use props
fansdbce68d7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 349793 ft
United States

OK, so why does my spark not RTH when it disconnects? Has anyone else experienced/confirmed this behavior? I don't mean what is "supposed" to do, I mean what it "actually" does.
2017-6-27
Use props
nils.heidorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183537 ft
Germany

The Big problem is, if it looses connection in 2.4G mode it will switch to 5.8G (why oh why can we not lock frequency ??? Learn from Parrot, AUTO or manual).
ANd with 5.8G it will take ages to reconnect again.

Nils
2017-6-27
Use props
paulhummerman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 114915 ft
United States

nils.heidorn Posted at 2017-6-27 13:12
The Big problem is, if it looses connection in 2.4G mode it will switch to 5.8G (why oh why can we not lock frequency ??? Learn from Parrot, AUTO or manual).
ANd with 5.8G it will take ages to reconnect again.

yep, we absolutely need to be able to lock to 2.4 ghz.
2017-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules