Live stream to you tube
5131 7 2017-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1f4f12cb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6273 ft
United Kingdom

Can someone explain or post a tutorial on how the YouTube livesstreaming  function works? I am slightly confused if you select the option but then connect to the drone does it use mobile data? Or is there something I am missing. Even going through the setup doesn't work as it tries to go online to setup YouTube side when you are connected to the drone and there is no internet whilst connected to the drone? Totally confused on this one?
2017-6-27
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes it uses data, unless you have a WIFI connection

2017-6-27
Use props
PhotoJoseph
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56729 ft
United States

I don't have the remote, so it might be different if you do, but since the Wifi in your phone is connected to the Spark, it can't use WiFi for data (even if you have a signal nearby). So yes your phone uses data.

You can stream to Youtube quite easily. It'll either go to your "live now" feed, or if you set up an event in advance, you can use the custom option (instead of YouTube) and enter the YouTube RTMP URL followed by  your event code, so it'd be something like rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/aaaa-bbbb-cccc-dddd

I plan to make a video soon on it if that does't help.
-Joseph
2017-6-27
Use props
fans1f4f12cb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6273 ft
United Kingdom

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-6-27 12:47
Yes it uses data, unless you have a WIFI connection
https://youtu.be/gwhijacim80

Perfect! Cheers guys!
2017-6-28
Use props
fansc32f05a3
New
United States

Where is the Facebook Live and YouTube Live options for Spark? I thought that the options was available on the Spark but can't find it in the settings. Thanks!
2017-6-28
Use props
Jack_Sweeney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634692 ft
United States

DJIGO4>Spark>EnterDevice>Three White dots in upper right corner>Select Live Broadcast Platform

Hopefully this Helps!
2017-6-29
Use props
apcyberax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 566526 ft
United Kingdom

Jack_Sweeney Posted at 2017-6-29 06:54
DJIGO4>Spark>EnterDevice>Three White dots in upper right corner>Select Live Broadcast Platform

Hopefully this Helps!

Dont see anyway of getting this to work. When connected to the spark RC with wifi the phone gets no 4g signal and can't get on the internet.

I see the option if i enter live view without the remove connected but get no option when conencted by wifi and my DJI go app on andoird doesn't seem to work with OTG cable at all.

Is it no longer possible to live stream?
2018-2-4
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

first, you need to set up your YouTube channel for live-streaming.
then you go into the DJI Go4 App and select YouTube as the live streaming platform. it will take a while to set it up.
you need to use the OTG cable to connect to your remote otherwise will not work. if your phone is WiFi connected to the RC then there is no internet connection. The WiFi settings of the phone take priority over the 4G (carrier settings).
2018-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules