Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My drone named Harry
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

So I have noticed that since I got my drone back from DJI it comes up with the name Harry in the logs. I guess this means I received someone else's drone and they got mine. Assuming there is no way to get my original drone back, how do you go about changing the name after it has been assigned?The other thing I noticed is the stickers are not affixed well. They are peeling off. I probably have new ones somewhere that came with the original drone but it shouldn't be that way when service just replaced the shell (but then again I have no idea what this drone was in for. Mine was in for a new shell).

<sigh>

2017-6-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm so sorry for this situation. Could you please leave me your case number so I will help to look into the whole process and get it addressed for you as soon as possible.
Besides, may I have the picture or a short video about the sticker? Appreciate your time.
2017-6-27
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-27 19:56
I'm so sorry for this situation. Could you please leave me your case number so I will help to look into the whole process and get it addressed for you as soon as possible.
Besides, may I have the picture or a short video about the sticker? Appreciate your time.

Thanks for your help.

CAS-635140-B1H0Q4

This is the number on the new drone "Harry".  Not the same as I sent in.
20170627_231634.jpg
2017-6-27
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
United States

Here is the sticker peeling. Again not a big deal, just shouldn't be that way when it comes back.
Actually it is peeling like that on both arms.
20170627_232249.jpg
2017-6-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-6-27 20:23
Here is the sticker peeling. Again not a big deal, just shouldn't be that way when it comes back.
Actually it is peeling like that on both arms.

I have escalated your case to appropriate team to investigate, please don't fly this drone at the moment, we will have someone to contact you for details later, appreciate your patience.
2017-6-28
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-28 02:01
I have escalated your case to appropriate team to investigate, please don't fly this drone at the moment, we will have someone to contact you for details later, appreciate your patience.

Hi again,  Well not only did I get someone else's drone back instead of mine with a new shell, now I notice that there is a crack in the shell on this one.  This is going from bad to worse.
20170629_001235.jpg
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-6-28 21:10
Hi again,  Well not only did I get someone else's drone back instead of mine with a new shell, now I notice that there is a crack in the shell on this one.  This is going from bad to worse.

My colleague is looking into your case, I have informed him to check the picture, will come back to you soon, please wait patiently.
2017-6-28
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-28 23:32
My colleague is looking into your case, I have informed him to check the picture, will come back to you soon, please wait patiently.

I received this email at the end of June which seemed pretty good:

Subject:        CAS-750595-G2Z8N0 CRM:0670000000876
          Priority:        Normal        Date:        Thursday, June 29, 2017 3:42 PM        Size:        4 KB
    Hi Robert, we apologize for this negative experience, we created an expedited repair ticket for you with 2day in and outbound shipping. It will go right to the bench when it arrives and be swapped out for a like
    new condition unit that we will inspect and quality assure. Thanks for your patience.   

But now after it was delivered last Friday morning, it is apparently sitting waiting to be repaired.
Several email replies I have sent have not been answered by DJI.  
So far the only thing that was promised that came true is that I did get inbound 2 day shipping.  
Seems if it was going to be swapped out for a new(ish) unit, it should have already been shipped.

Also confusingly, there is now a different CAS number...   CAS-754398-Q6Z7Y6    than what was on the email.

Disappointed and confused,

Robert

2017-7-11
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-28 23:32

It's still sitting there in repair. It has not been swapped out. It has not been shipped.
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-7-11 15:18
I received this email at the end of June which seemed pretty good:

Subject:        CAS-750595-G2Z8N0 CRM:0670000000876

Your drone was received on 11th, July, it's waiting for quality evaluation and will be shipped out very soon,  besides, this is the RMA case number CAS-754398-Q6Z7Y6, appreciate your patience.
2017-7-12
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-12 19:43
Your drone was received on 11th, July, it's waiting for quality evaluation and will be shipped out very soon,  besides, this is the RMA case number CAS-754398-Q6Z7Y6, appreciate your patience.

Actually it was delivered on the 7th, Evaluated on the 10th.  But not swapped out and shipped as promised.
2017-7-12
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
United States

I was hoping to get it back in my hands this week. Guess not.
2017-7-12
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-12 19:43

The story continues....
So it appears according to the serial numbers given in the repair status that the drone being returned to me will be the same drone named Harry that came from someone else instead of the swapped unit I was promised.
But, the repair status shows 'Delivered' when it certainly has not been delivered. I was provided a tracking number on last Friday (July 14) and it now shows delivered on the same date. However when I put the tracking number into UPS they can not find the number still (Monday evening).
I hope this does not mean it has been lost somewhere.
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-7-17 16:00
The story continues....
So it appears according to the serial numbers given in the repair status that the drone being returned to me will be the same drone named Harry that came from someone else instead of the swapped unit I was promised.
But, the repair status shows 'Delivered' when it certainly has not been delivered. I was provided a tracking number on last Friday (July 14) and it now shows delivered on the same date. However when I put the tracking number into UPS they can not find the number still (Monday evening).

The aircraft has been swapped, please double check the serial number.
The drone do has been shipped out, but the logistics info hasn't been updated, please wait patiently for a moment. Thanks for your understanding.
2017-7-17
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-17 23:06
The aircraft has been swapped, please double check the serial number.
The drone do has been shipped out, but the logistics info hasn't been updated, please wait patiently for a moment. Thanks for your understanding.

Could the tracking number be incorrect?  Still nothing showing at UPS? The number is still not good there.
2017-7-18
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
United States

The drone arrived today. The tracking number was way off.
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-7-18 07:57
The drone arrived today. The tracking number was way off.

It's good to know you received the drone. Please test the performance and enjoy flying.
2017-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules