17085 59 2017-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jon Stron
lvl.2

South Africa

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-4-22 11:34
Hmm.. never seen green.

Use it as long as it is a medium strength and doesn't require heat to remove.

I have searched everywhere but cannot find a loctite that cant be removed with heat, what are the chances of ruining the shaft should i decide to pinch it slightly with pliers ? or could i perhaps use this ? Locktite Shaft lock 640
2018-4-23
Use props
Jon Stron
lvl.2

South Africa

2018-4-23
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Home depot has it.....
dd.JPG
2018-4-23
Use props
Jon Stron
lvl.2

South Africa

Thank You i never would have found it nr 242 thanks.

Would 638 be better or is 242 better ?

http://www.loctite.co.uk/loctite-4087.htm?nodeid=8802627616769
2018-4-23
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jon Stron Posted at 2018-4-23 09:02
Thank You i never would have found it nr 242 thanks.

Would 638 be better or is 242 better ?

All I use is the 242.
No experience with the 638, so I can't say if it would be better / worse / same.
2018-4-23
Use props
Jon Stron
lvl.2

South Africa

Thank you
2018-4-23
Use props
Jon Stron
lvl.2

South Africa

Theses are the ones i got:

Which one would be best to use ?
2018-4-26
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>

Blue bottle....
zzzl.jpg
2018-4-26
Use props
Jon Stron
lvl.2

South Africa

... o man i used the red one, i only now got to the forum work kept me away...sigh
i hope it will work..

2018-4-27
Use props
Jon Stron
lvl.2

South Africa

If it works..... i reassembled everything and will post pictures soon as i hopefully can find an answer to this:

Once i put it back again,

1:  is the calibration going to be off ?
2: Will it calibrate itself or will i have to turn the screw into the landing gear up or down or into storage position before i switch on the drone and flick the l/g switch ?
3: Is the movement of how far it travels totally dependent on the downward camera sensor or is it forced current ?
2018-4-27
Use props
Jon Stron
lvl.2

South Africa

ok it's done ! it Works ! But please tell me if it sounds fine ?

My inspire always had this strange humming sound you will hear it in the close up video, never had any problems with it like that but if anyone know what the humming sound is please do tell.

2018-4-27
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>

It sounds like it is straining a little.
I usually lift one side just a bit up to reduce resistance of the feet dragging.
The downward sensor is what stops it when moving to travel mode.
Both other positions, it just runs until it maxes out.
Glad you got it back together.
Now, go fly!!!
2018-4-27
Use props
Jon Stron
lvl.2

South Africa

Thank you for your help Aeromirage, i would not have been able to do it without your help ! Just need to put the rest back together then i will go give her a fly. Thank you so much i really did not have
the extra money to pay for the repair.
2018-4-27
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>

Jon Stron Posted at 2018-4-27 06:33
Thank you for your help Aeromirage, i would not have been able to do it without your help ! Just need to put the rest back together then i will go give her a fly. Thank you so much  i really did not have
the extra money to pay for the repair.

You're welcome.
Glad to be of assistance.
After all, that is what these forums are supposed to be for!!
2018-4-27
Use props
CopterBob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1587585 ft
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-6-28 08:47
Hmmm.... If I knew that then, yes, I could have saved a lot of work.
If there was only an exploded view parts diagram somewhere I could have seen that.

My Inspire 1 has been sitting for more than a year. The VPS unit flaked out and it was unable to determine  the position above ground and my landing gear would not operate normally. I could still hand wind the gear but not ideal. In the process of replacing the VPS I damaged the socket on the main board and am now about to replace it.

Your slide show will certainly come in handy. Thanks for your efforts.
2020-5-8
Use props
StuUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23146 ft

United Kingdom

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-4-27 06:52
You're welcome.
Glad to be of assistance.
After all, that is what these forums are supposed to be for!!

I appreciate this is an old thread but I am in a similar position with a suspected slipping pinion.
I have tried to remove the 2 big crossbar screws so I didn't have to do a complete strip down, one of them has loosened but the other the Allen slot has rounded so I don't think that would be removable as it stands.
So my question is would it be better to persevere with the stuck screw and even consider drilling the head off then see if there is enough of the screw showing to remove it after I lift the crossbar OR do a complete strip down so I can access the 4 gearbox screws from underneath?
2020-9-2
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

StuUK Posted at 9-2 00:06
I appreciate this is an old thread but I am in a similar position with a suspected slipping pinion.
I have tried to remove the 2 big crossbar screws so I didn't have to do a complete strip down, one of them has loosened but the other the Allen slot has rounded so I don't think that would be removable as it stands.
So my question is would it be better to persevere with the stuck screw and even consider drilling the head off then see if there is enough of the screw showing to remove it after I lift the crossbar OR do a complete strip down so I can access the 4 gearbox screws from underneath?

If it is this one, you might grab the head with vise grips.
zzzzjq.jpg
If not, you will likely have to break it down.
2020-9-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-9-5
Use props
roadblock
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1015115 ft
Australia

Some great info above and I realise this is an old thread but I am in need of assistance. I have stripped the inspire down as far as I can and can not remove the yokes from the arms. There seems to be a bush that extends from the arm into the yoke. How do I remove the yoke? I have bought a compete centre frame assembly and need to remove the old one.
16238397999318212404996298306313.jpg
16238398380816909823848725938419.jpg
2021-6-16
Use props
roadblock
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1015115 ft
Australia

roadblock Posted at 6-16 02:37
Some great info above and I realise this is an old thread but I am in need of assistance. I have stripped the inspire down as far as I can and can not remove the yokes from the arms. There seems to be a bush that extends from the arm into the yoke. How do I remove the yoke? I have bought a compete centre frame assembly and need to remove the old one.[Image]

Update following my previous post. The bush actually extends through the arm and the screws into each end of the bush. It took a little more convincing but I was able to pull the bushes out and remove the arms to replace the complete centre frame assembly with the new one.
The bird is now back together and seems to be 100% operational. Flight test tomorrow.
2021-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules