Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Poor quality video
1403 14 2017-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans61be52f2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 935276 ft
United Kingdom

I’ve used the Phantom 4 for a year and have not experienced any quality issues with the hundreds of videos I’ve created. However I have recently ‘upgraded’ to the Phantom 4 Pro and have experienced many issues with poor quality, pixelated, grainy and fuzzy video.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue? Could this simply be a faulty unit? Was the camera updates on the Pro?

I’m really very disjointed and don’t feel at all confident when filming for customers.

2017-6-28
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

So far my on-quad video has not been affected by the latest updates, but my live video feed most definitely has suffered greatly (as others have reported as well). Are you referring to the live feed or the video on the quad's SD card?
2017-6-28
Use props
fans61be52f2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 935276 ft
United Kingdom

Hi. I am referring to 4K video directly from the SD card.

2017-7-9
Use props
Sam Sam
New
Canada

I've the same issue ... Poor quality video in 4K from the SD card.

What is strange is that sometimes the quality is perfect sometimes not and I can't find the reason why ... The settings are the same, the light pretty much similar ...
2017-7-10
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Yes, brand new P4Pro and video is terrible. Glitchy and the focus goes in and out. Still experimenting but very disappointed. My Mavic video is far better.
2017-7-15
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

Tried some more video and photos this morning and everything was out of focus. A jpeg image is barely focused but the equivalent raw is totally out of focus. I have tried everything to get the focus correct. My Mavic photos and video are perfect so this is very disappointing.
2017-7-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-7-18 21:58
Tried some more video and photos this morning and everything was out of focus. A jpeg image is barely focused but the equivalent raw is totally out of focus. I have tried everything to get the focus correct. My Mavic photos and video are perfect so this is very disappointing.

Post some original copies to Dropbox so we can see the problem.
2017-7-18
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-18 22:11
Post some original copies to Dropbox so we can see the problem.

I have already contacted support and sent them the details so hopefully I will get a positive response as to what they think the problem is and whether it needs to be returned to fix it.
2017-7-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-7-18 23:14
I have already contacted support and sent them the details so hopefully I will get a positive response as to what they think the problem is and whether it needs to be returned to fix it.

Hmm, OK. But you will get a far more objective, and probably more expert opinion on here. Often the support people don't have a clue. THeir response is usually to send it in for repair, even when it does not need it.
2017-7-19
Use props
Shaker
lvl.1
United States

I've been feeling the same thing.  the camera just doesn't measure up.  I'm very very interested in what this thread comes up with.
2017-7-19
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-19 00:50
Hmm, OK. But you will get a far more objective, and probably more expert opinion on here. Often the support people don't have a clue. THeir response is usually to send it in for repair, even when it does not need it.

OK I will give you the links to some raw photos and a video. These are all straight off the sd card. The other thing is that if you have a photo viewer that can show exif information you will see that there are stange shutter speeds on the 2 photos. About half the photos come out with these strange shutter speeds of 0.004166s, 0.008333s, 0.001562s, 0.016666s and 0.033333s.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByqikKxHsX-wNGtkSHB5YkR3S1U
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByqikKxHsX-weEFpLVFnYWU2SjQ
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByqikKxHsX-weElQTEpuSDVlalU

Hope you can provide some insight into what is going on.Also forgot to mention that the photo with the driveway and shed was taken without the motors running, it was just sitting on a box as I wanted to make sure there was no interference from the gimbal or motors.
2017-7-19
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-7-19 19:32
OK I will give you the links to some raw photos and a video. These are all straight off the sd card. The other thing is that if you have a photo viewer that can show exif information you will see that there are stange shutter speeds on the 2 photos. About half the photos come out with these strange shutter speeds of 0.004166s, 0.008333s, 0.001562s, 0.016666s and 0.033333s.

I have looked at your photos and video and can find nothing really wrong. I have to ask firstly, where are you viewing these photos and video? Are you doing so on your phone or iPad? You need to make objective judgements viewing these images on a decent computer and large monitor, a small device cannot give you any real idea, as it has to scale the images to suit its limited screen resolution.

The video clip is fine, but it is only in 720p resolution, so I suspect you have picked the wrong version of it. I notice it is named DJI_0019(1).mp4, which suggests you got the thumbnail file and not the real file, it should be DJI_0019.mp4. So in 720p resolution, yes, it does not look sharp, nor should it.

As for the RAW files, are you aware that they require quite serious processing before you will get the best results out of the image? Unless you are skilled at this, it is better to not take RAW photos until you know how to deal with them. I gave them a quick touch-up in Photoshop and they looked OK to me.

As for the shutter speeds, nothing unusual about those. They are shown as decimal fractions of a second, whereas normally people talk about them in different terms. Those speeds correspond to 1/240th of a second, 1/120th, 1/640th, 1/60th and 1/30th. Perfectly ligitimate shutter speeds.

2017-7-19
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-19 19:50
I have looked at your photos and video and can find nothing really wrong. I have to ask firstly, where are you viewing these photos and video? Are you doing so on your phone or iPad? You need to make objective judgements viewing these images on a decent computer and large monitor, a small device cannot give you any real idea, as it has to scale the images to suit its limited screen resolution.

The video clip is fine, but it is only in 720p resolution, so I suspect you have picked the wrong version of it. I notice it is named DJI_0019(1).mp4, which suggests you got the thumbnail file and not the real file, it should be DJI_0019.mp4. So in 720p resolution, yes, it does not look sharp, nor should it.

If you look at the full size photos, they are blurry. If I take jpeg + raw on my Mavic, the raw photos are not blurry.
The photos are direct from the sd card and the video is also direct from the sd card, it is the second copy that the Phantom generates. The original is too large and even if I saved a copy for youtube it would look the same as the one already there.
I am viewing them on a decent PC using ACDSee Pro to view the photos and VLC to view the video.
2017-7-19
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-7-19 21:50
If you look at the full size photos, they are blurry. If I take jpeg + raw on my Mavic, the raw photos are not blurry.
The photos are direct from the sd card and the video is also direct from the sd card, it is the second copy that the Phantom generates. The original is too large and even if I saved a copy for youtube it would look the same as the one already there.
I am viewing them on a decent PC using ACDSee Pro to view the photos and VLC to view the video.

But if you want us to give an opinion on the video quality, then sending us a 720p version is no good. Good luck with getting it fixed, DJI do not seem to have a clue about fixing camera problems.
2017-7-19
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-7-19 22:18
But if you want us to give an opinion on the video quality, then sending us a 720p version is no good. Good luck with getting it fixed, DJI do not seem to have a clue about fixing camera problems.

So what size video do you suggest. I am happy to redo another one for you to look at as I do appreciate the help. The last thing I want is to have to send it back but I can only compare it to the videos and photos I am getting out of the Mavic and the Mavic is just way better and that should not be the case.
I just wonder if there is some error in the camera software.To me, there is no doubt that there is a focusing issue. The raw photo should not be blurred. I have looked at other raw photos I have taken from DSLR cameras and they are focused. With the amount of blur in the raw photo, it is no wonder that the jpegs and video are also not good.
Also I have never seen those strange shutter speeds on any camera.
In the past, I have always had good support from DJI so I am hoping they will be able to fix this.
2017-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules