Inspire 2 / Camera Sensor Error
5129 12 2017-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AF1
lvl.1
United States

When I open the DJI GO 4 app my Zenuse X5S is not registering and im getting a Camera Sensor Error warning.
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Does it seem like the gimbal itself is initializing  normally, but the camera feed etc. isn't working? Just to make sure that the gimbal and the aircraft are reading each other properly, have you tried cleaning the  gimbal connection contacts on both the aircraft and gimbal end?
2017-6-28
Use props
fans6377a9e7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93924 ft
United States

Learned by experience, be careful cleaning leads on drone; they are flimsy and will bend easily.  
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

How did this happen? I suggest you to refresh or downgrade the firmware via DJI Assistant 2. If the error persists, the aircraft and X5S will need to be sent in for evaluation and repair, we are sorry for the experience with our product.
2017-6-29
Use props
AF1
lvl.1
United States

I've sent the components to Dji service, what options do have as far as keeping tabs on the progress? Thanks to the tracking number provided i'm aware that the inspire 2 was delivered to the service facility this morning.
2017-7-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

AF1 Posted at 2017-7-6 10:36
I've sent the components to Dji service, what options do have as far as keeping tabs on the progress? Thanks to the tracking number provided i'm aware that the inspire 2 was delivered to the service facility this morning.

Apologize for the inconvenience has been caused, we will take care of it when it arrives and ship it out as soon as possible. If there is anything else you need my help, please feel free to keep me updated.
2017-7-7
Use props
Craig photoman
New
Flight distance : 145217 ft
United States

Not sure if I should start another thread or just jump in.  I'm having the same overall problem plus an extra (related) error message.  And I have a crappy workaround that's worked for me for the last couple weeks but I want to be done with that.  I too have been embarrassed in front of customers with my highly-touted i2 that has to be coddled past the error messages to get into the air most times I change batteries.

Info:
- Same Camera Sensor error plus the Air Encoder Error too.   I've changed cameras too and it makes no difference.  I also get the symptom of no x5s camera image when I get the camera sensor error.
- Started happening 1 day after a firmware update.  But everything was fine and I flew once with no problems right after the update.
- Contacts look clean and 100% good
- Taking the gimble off and on with power on fixes the problem 80% of the time.  I know this is not 'best practices' but it's saved me on two jobs.  I also tried many variations of battery off/on, power off/on to bird, controller, gimble, and Go app, but I never found the magic sequence to get that to fix it reliably.  

I called support after the first time it came up (on a job, of course) and I didn't get a warm feeling they really knew what to do.  They had me calibrate the gimble and the vision system.  it was still problem after that and still an intermittent problem (happening on about 90% of all flights).  

Is there any news out there about this problem?

Thanks!

2017-8-9
Use props
Craig photoman
New
Flight distance : 145217 ft
United States

I guess I'll have to send my i2 in for repairs.  I've tried everything I can imagine to fix this intermittent "camera sensor error" problem.  Unless someone has a great idea....  Thanks!
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Craig photoman Posted at 2017-8-14 15:51
I guess I'll have to send my i2 in for repairs.  I've tried everything I can imagine to fix this intermittent "camera sensor error" problem.  Unless someone has a great idea....  Thanks!

Sorry that I missed your previous post, if the gimbal was mounted properly, please send in for hardware evaluation at your most convenience.
2017-8-15
Use props
Zefred
lvl.1

United States

Hey guys, for those of you who have sent your I2 for repair in that case (Sensor error) what was the amount you were charged (so I get a rough idea).
THanks.
2019-7-27
Use props
vsblogger7
New

India

I don't think so
2019-8-4
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yes, we are aware of that you don't think ...
2019-8-4
Use props
GeoffG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810082 ft
United Kingdom

Craig photoman Posted at 2017-8-9 16:46
Not sure if I should start another thread or just jump in.  I'm having the same overall problem plus an extra (related) error message.  And I have a crappy workaround that's worked for me for the last couple weeks but I want to be done with that.  I too have been embarrassed in front of customers with my highly-touted i2 that has to be coddled past the error messages to get into the air most times I change batteries.

Info:

Do you get "image transmission loss" warnings?  We had a problem with our gimbal connection causing this, but it usually happened during, not before a flight.

I changed the vibration absorbing board and solved the problem.  

The issue on ours was that there is a small switch on the gimbal locking ring which is supposed to tell the machine that the camera is mounted correctly - this was only making intermittent.  I'm also aware of quite a few problems with connectors and wiring to the gimbal / camera.
Hope this helps.
2019-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules