Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controller Update issues [RESOLVED]
3295 6 2017-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello
I just started updates on my new Inspire 2 and the bird updated fine but controller stuck on 99%
After 30 min I switched it off and probably it was a mistake to do...
Now the controller is switched on permanently ( after pressing twice on power button the cotroller shows the lights like it was switched on already, no beeps as well )
On my tablet it shows I have Phantom 4 and Inspire is acting like its not linked to anything.

Is there a way to redo the update for the controller ?
I will be gratefull for any help !

2017-6-28
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

These were for the P4P controller but may work for the I2 Have you tried a reset on the RC?  Try to reset the remote controller.  * Turn on the controller, and make sure the aircraft is off. * Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller and then turn the controller off. * Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.  How to force the controller to update: * Turn on the controller, and make the aircraft is off. * Press C1, C2, record and the wheel on the right side of the controller and then turn off the controller. * Don’t let go of any of the buttons, turn on the controller. Then the controller will be able to update again.
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you happen to provide a short video of how it's behaving?
2017-6-28
Use props
Crio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you all for replies.
After 2 presses ( Short and long while the lights went all down ) + beep wasn't switching off the controller.
All lights were off but when you tried to switch it on again and you pressed the power button it has all lights on ( with remaining battery indication )
So no power on sequence.

I was manage to reload the firmware.
When the controller was on and it showed P4 insted of Inspire 2 I went to Camera view and then pressed on ''Cannon take off'' status bar.
In there the first line already stated Inconsistant firmware, update required.

After a while ( over 30 min to update all ). Everything worked as it should !
2017-6-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the experience with our product, you can try to downgrade the version and update again in APP: long press the icon on the top right corner for about 5 seconds, you will see the previous firmware, select one, after downgrading, update to the latest version like you did before.
downgrade firmware.png
2017-6-29
Use props
JoePGM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 391293 ft
United Kingdom

I have exactly the same issue during controller upgrade - stuck at 99% and no progressing for over an hour. Here are my procedure of update controller, from fail to success:

DJI assistant upgrade AC [OK] -> restart AC and stat up controller -> both linked -> splash screen report firmware upgrade to RC -> upgrade RC firmware (while AC turns ON and connected) -> RC upgrade STUCK at 99%  for over an hour ->

force power off AC by pressing 1-short 1-long button on RC (the RC will try re- turn on itself during this period, so keep retry 2-3 times, also release your finger asap everytime once the power off procedure begin, don't hold your finger too long on the button otherwise it will easily trigger again the power on) ->

Once RC restarted, go into DJI apps and perform again firmware upgrade, the upgrade this time should finish very quickly (within 3 min), COMPLETE notification will show on the screen.

[final thoughts] Don't turn on the AC and connect with RC before the RC firmware upgrade, potentially causing the upgrade fail
2017-7-2
Use props
fans6e7b8bf7
New

United States

Hey I haven't used my phantom 3 Advanced in a while and i went on and noticed that there was a newer firmware available for my controller. Long story short the update wouldn't finish so i turned off the controller and that's where stuff went south. when i touch the power button it acts like it was already on and doesn't make any noise and the colored led it solid green. if i do the short tap and long tap after that it acts like it is powering off. When it appears on my phone says controller is connected and then i go and try to see if i can do the update again but it says there is no firmware update and that get firmware version has failed. i also tried to load a firmware update using the micro sd card and there is just no response. I tried the C1 C2 and shutter plus some other various commands and still no response from the controller.

Can somebody please help me since I don't think i can afford to buy a new controller right now and a guy on the phone said if i sent it in to get repaired it would probably be pretty expensive. Thanks.
2019-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules