Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi,
I own several dji drones. Everyone works perfect. I feel save to fly them in extrem situations, but what is when...
I fly over water and the drone want to take a bath with a deep diving afterwards.
I couldn't find the drone, but the bath wasn't my fault. So normally I can send dji the logs from the dji go App...what is in this case with the spark and palm control?
When I fly it over water or a big cliff with palm control to get a nice selfie and the battery shuts down due a internal failure I can't prove it to dji that it wasn't my fault? Or just a fly away...So no chance for a replacement when flying without a device connected and you can't find the drone...right?

The same with dji care?
No drone and no logs = no replacement?

I hope this won't happen to anybody here... i am just curious. Maybe I will change my willingness to take risks with the spark when no device is connected.
2017-6-28
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 518455 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a legitimate question. Especially the way it is marketed as super simple. The normal consumer has no idea there are some issues that cause flyaways whether it's their fault or not.
2017-6-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It was bound to happen. Silly thing to attempt.
2017-6-28
Use props
rickysuperdog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

So many people fly their Spark without connect to RC or smartphone, it was dangerous.
2017-6-28
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

rickysuperdog Posted at 2017-6-28 18:44
So many people fly their Spark without connect to RC or smartphone, it was dangerous.

What was dangerous?
2017-6-29
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-28 18:10
It was bound to happen. Silly thing to attempt.

What was bound to happen?
2017-6-29
Use props
Nixtoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United Kingdom

That's been my reluctance to buy refresh. My biggest fear is losing it in water or a fly away! Neither of which refresh cover.
2017-6-29
Use props
rickysuperdog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

Losing the Spark cannot claim refresh care.
2017-6-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm so sorry that there is nothing we can do for this situation, the flight data cannot be obtained and make data analysis. Furthermore, DJI Care Refresh will not cover loss unless you recover it.
Disclaimer and safety guideline.png
2017-6-29
Use props
Nixtoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United Kingdom

So if the drone malfunctions and it's recorded by Dji go, we may be able to claim under the warrenty? Even if the drone is lost?
2017-6-29
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Nixtoo Posted at 2017-6-29 03:51
So if the drone malfunctions and it's recorded by Dji go, we may be able to claim under the warrenty? Even if the drone is lost?

Yes, the drone and/OR dji go app flightlogs are enough to check for a warranty case.

So in short, when you do a selfie (like in the commercial where the girl climbs a cliff) and the spark shuts down due an internal issue and you can't find it... go and buy a new one.
2017-6-29
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-6-29 05:10
Yes, the drone and/OR dji go app flightlogs are enough to check for a warranty case.

So in short, when you do a selfie (like in the commercial where the girl climbs a cliff) and the spark shuts down due an internal issue and you can't find it... go and buy a new one.

Very good point, though I'm sure that it will "fall upon deaf ears" (i.e. DJI)
2017-6-29
Use props
CasanovaRecords
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44472 ft
United States

This morning when i was flying  03:24  into my flight. I got a warning: "Compass Error. Exit P-GPS Mode"  immediate follow by "Current RTH route will pass a No-Fly Zone. Pay attention to the aircraft's position to avoid RTH failure. Then SPARK took off on a run away mode, I lost control to it, I immediate started running after it, I was able to gain control 03:29 flight time.  As soon I gained control a got several warnings. "In Flight, workingIMUen countersheading exception, please switch to atti mode if craft behave abnormally" follow by another warning: "Compass Error. Exit P-GPS Mode"  i was thinking today I am going to lose my SPARK. Screenshots
2017-7-26
Use props
ap_sparky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20574 ft
Germany

Wow, glad you caught it again. I think you should download the black box data and log a case with dji so that they can take a look at the data. Maybe that sheds some light on what is going on when the spark starts to fly away.
2017-7-26
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

in simple words: Buy a mavic pro  

This spark is great for a portable and if it's all right, it's best mini drone ever..

But as soon as I get money ... 99% I buy the mavic ... if they do not fit the range with RC in Europe is 0.09W versus 0.4W in the US .. it's scandalous.

and in europe DJI Spark Cost 599 Euro vs USA 499 Dollar no same money...

499 dollar are 428 Euro :C
I Pay more than the Americans and go 1/4 away.

2017-7-26
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Lian82 Posted at 2017-7-26 03:53
in simple words: Buy a mavic pro  

that actually sucks. maybe it has something to do with shipping costs?
2017-7-26
Use props
CasanovaRecords
lvl.1
United States

ap_sparky Posted at 2017-7-26 03:50
Wow, glad you caught it again. I think you should download the black box data and log a case with dji so that they can take a look at the data. Maybe that sheds some light on what is going on when the spark starts to fly away.

Flight Record
2017-7-26
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-26 04:12
that actually sucks. maybe it has something to do with shipping costs?

yes ...maybe
2017-7-26
Use props
CasanovaRecords
lvl.1
United States

DJI Support John Airan requested me to "I advice you to firmware refresh the firmware of the drone using dji assistant 2 software. "
2017-7-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-6-29 05:10

Wrong the flight log on its own is NOT NECESSARILY ENOUGH, I think this is fairly obvious from some of the cases we have recently seen with power drop, that because AC was not recovered warranty was not offered.
You need to give the proper information.
2017-7-27
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-27 08:58
Wrong the flight log on its own is NOT NECESSARILY ENOUGH, I think this is fairly obvious from some of the cases we have recently seen with power drop, that because AC was not recovered warranty was not offered.

Go and read again... or just stop talking.
2017-7-27
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-27 08:58

Your both right according to some reports of people having the drone malfunction, losing it in the sea and the app logs being enough but this isn't always the case. it depends on the circumstances.

"put your d###'s away this p###ing contest is over"
2017-7-27
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-27 09:20
I think you will find Dink was wrong on the information he was giving, this is what I quoted. He just comes along and changes his post, rather than admit he made a mistake.

But your right it isn't worth it. I'm out of here, I'm sure dink will as usual insist on having the last word.

no offense but i don't think he/she made a mistake, i just think that he/she don't realize that even though he/she knows what he means by what he/she said, that other people who aren't as fluent in English as some others may get confused and think he/she meant something entirely different. i hope i am making sense, i am not good at explaining myself sometimes.
2017-7-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Thor1 Posted at 2017-7-27 09:26
no offense but i don't think he/she made a mistake, i just think that he/she don't realize that even though he/she knows what he means by what he/she said, that other people who aren't as fluent in English as some others may get confused and think he/she meant something entirely different. i hope i am making sense, i am not good at explaining myself sometimes.

My first language is Irish Gaelic  I understand both of ye. That's a nice piece of interpretation though.
Good job.
2017-7-27
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-27 09:27
My first language is Irish Gaelic  I understand both of ye. That's a nice piece of interpretation though.
Good job.

just my opinion!
2017-7-27
Use props
Onomarn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4728 ft
United States

They aren't warrantying lost drones. My drone is roughly 40ft under the water in Monterey. I went scuba diving in to the water where I lost my drone, but couldn't find it. Sent all my flight data with the sudden crash of the drone into the ocean, but they say there is no anomaly (even though my scuba buddy and a few others saw it go crashing into the ocean as it was flying back to me). I apparently landed it on a magic  cloud around 191 ft off the ground. I highly doubt they will ever admit anything went wrong or replace the lost drone.

Their consistent reply "30% off is the best we can do". They will not allow you to use a DJI Care Refresh for a drone that took a drop into the ocean and can't be found. At this point it might be better to go with the Karma... LOL DID I JUST SAY THAT? Well at least they admit to their issue and fixed it.
2017-7-27
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

Onomarn Posted at 2017-7-27 09:46
They aren't warrantying lost drones. My drone is roughly 40ft under the water in Monterey. I went scuba diving in to the water where I lost my drone, but couldn't find it. Sent all my flight data with the sudden crash of the drone into the ocean, but they say there is no anomaly (even though my scuba buddy and a few others saw it go crashing into the ocean as it was flying back to me). I apparently landed it on a magic  cloud around 191 ft off the ground. I highly doubt they will ever admit anything went wrong or replace the lost drone.

Their consistent reply "30% off is the best we can do". They will not allow you to use a DJI Care Refresh for a drone that took a drop into the ocean and can't be found. At this point it might be better to go with the Karma... LOL DID I JUST SAY THAT? Well at least they admit to their issue and fixed it.

they will warranty a lost drone if they see in the flight log that there was an AC fail in the log right before it fell but if not then no they wont warranty. it just so happens that your flight log looked fine. if you haven't already, maybe you should check them to see if you find anything that looks like an AC fail maybe you will find something they didn't.

But you will NOT be able to use DJI care refresh if you lose it!
2017-7-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CasanovaRecords Posted at 2017-7-26 03:40
This morning when i was flying  03:24  into my flight. I got a warning: "Compass Error. Exit P-GPS Mode"  immediate follow by "Current RTH route will pass a No-Fly Zone. Pay attention to the aircraft's position to avoid RTH failure. Then SPARK took off on a run away mode, I lost control to it, I immediate started running after it, I was able to gain control 03:29 flight time.  As soon I gained control a got several warnings. "In Flight, workingIMUen countersheading exception, please switch to atti mode if craft behave abnormally" follow by another warning: "Compass Error. Exit P-GPS Mode"  i was thinking today I am going to lose my SPARK. Screenshots

It looks like you picked up some magnetic interference either on the ground or flying over something, yaw error and IMU heading are what usually show up, the spot you took off from would it have been concrete, or where you near any metal objects. Also the roof you flew over could there have been something on that might have thrown your compass out of whack.
I hope everything is ok with your spark.

I would sync your flight to dji cloud and contact a mod here to see if she can get an engineer to take a look, they will be able to see if this was fault of your craft or environment.
2017-7-27
Use props
CasanovaRecords
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-27 15:27
It looks like you picked up some magnetic interference either on the ground or flying over something, yaw error and IMU heading are what usually show up, the spot you took off from would it have been concrete, or where you near any metal objects. Also the roof you flew over could there have been something on that might have thrown your compass out of whack.
I hope everything is ok with your spark.

Thanks for the feedback! Little green sparky is OKAY. I have sync my flight to DJI cloud. I am thinking is going to be environment, but why it took off running instead of just hoovering over or RTH? Yesterday, I performed all the firmware update on the Craft, RC and updated the iOS app to the latest version.
2017-7-28
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Same case..i lost my spark into a fountain. it shut off and fell like a dead baby elephant. 3 weeks old drone. the technician confirmed that not human error.  The fountain was deep and i had to wait 3 days to get it back.  I am sure, DJI will ask for the drone and the log. even if you have the log..DJI will still ask for the drone.. even though we all knows..the log is good enough. but DJI is doing business. They never give you 5 cents free.  so, better make sure, play safe and try to get the drone if you need a good case to fight a replacement.
2017-8-2
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

tjalex Posted at 2017-8-2 04:30
Same case..i lost my spark into a fountain. it shut off and fell like a dead baby elephant. 3 weeks old drone. the technician confirmed that not human error.  The fountain was deep and i had to wait 3 days to get it back.  I am sure, DJI will ask for the drone and the log. even if you have the log..DJI will still ask for the drone.. even though we all knows..the log is good enough. but DJI is doing business. They never give you 5 cents free.  so, better make sure, play safe and try to get the drone if you need a good case to fight a replacement.

I think dji do it not the same way every time..
Look what DJI Ken said about lost aircraft.. for me it is clear that a Dji Go App log will be enough to get a replacement under warranty when it was not a human error:
Quote:"For lost aircraft, DJI relies on the GO app for flight data analysis ..."

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=388548

Also read the post above from Dji Mindi about the after sales Support and assume liability. Sounds like a Log of the App will be good enough. Otherwise it wouldn't be mentioned in the manual like this.  Dji could write "no aircraft = no warranty". But they don't.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=388548

2017-8-2
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Chile

Onomarn Posted at 2017-7-27 09:46

I lost my spark into a huge fountain. i know if i dont get it. no replacement. it fell like a dead baby elephant. after 3 days in deep cold water. i managed to get it. a guy was there to help me. the fountain cleaner.  a new brand spark. DJI asked for all logs. we sent and still waiting.  I think,  we still need the drone for any replacement if the drone is under warranty. i also read in some forums.. no drone less chances for replacement. DJI is not our parent... they are business people. never will give you 5 cents for free. he eh he.
2017-8-2
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Chile

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-8-2 04:47
I think dji do it not the same way every time..
Look what DJI Ken said about lost aircraft.. for me it is clear that a Dji Go App log will be enough to get a replacement under warranty when it was not a human error:
Quote:"For lost aircraft, DJI relies on the GO app for flight data analysis ..."

Can you help me. Try to find in other forums or in this DJI forum. anyone got replacement with waranty attached for those lost in sea. I am reading many cases. till today none of them told clear cut that they got the replacement. very weird. but i hope you are right. Logic says. the log or the data is good enough to find the error. Thanks.
2017-8-2
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

tjalex Posted at 2017-8-2 05:11
Can you help me. Try to find in other forums or in this DJI forum. anyone got replacement with waranty attached for those lost in sea. I am reading many cases. till today none of them told clear cut that they got the replacement. very weird. but i hope you are right. Logic says. the log or the data is good enough to find the error. Thanks.

Maybe something like this?
https://phantompilots.com/thread ... .73838/#post-747402
2017-8-2
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Chile

Dirk52 Posted at 2017-8-2 05:26
Maybe something like this?
https://phantompilots.com/threads/replacement-by-dji-after-flyaway.73838/#post-747402

Thanks... it seems DJI ready to replace. Still we have to wait till he really gets the drone. DJI only mentioned they will send. But only after he received. Its a confirmation. Thanks a lot. i am confident now that dji will replace as per their word spoken clear. hummmmm.
2017-8-2
Use props
markie
New
Flight distance : 4859 ft
United Kingdom

quint7 Posted at 2017-6-28 13:49
This is a legitimate question. Especially the way it is marketed as super simple. The normal consumer has no idea there are some issues that cause flyaways whether it's their fault or not.

I'm a beginner and my spark flew away eastwards and I could not catch up with it. LOST DRONE! :-((
2017-8-18
Use props
fans7666527f
lvl.2
Luxembourg

This is so totally unacceptable that DJI puts the burden of proof on the buyer in case of malfunction. Instead, and according to European consumer protection law, DJI (within 6 months upon purchase) would have the burden of proof that it was a pilot error in case the drone drops out of the air. Maybe someone will sue them and bring them to a reasonable behavior.
2017-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules