4K camera on Phantom 3 standard
21080 13 2017-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd4a09a2f
New
Flight distance : 7657 ft
United States

Can I put a phantom 3 pro camera on my phantom 3 standard ? My camera works perfect but I want better quality and they sell just the camera for the pro. Also would I need the camera and gimbal or just the camera and attach it to my gimbal ?
2017-6-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That's not going to work - it's just not compatible.
2017-6-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The cameras are exactly the same, the only difference is the Pro camera can shoot 4K. If you are mostly shooting stills, then there is no point in changing because both cameras have the same spec.

If youy are going to spend money on 'upgrading' to the pro camera, you would be better off upgrading to a better aircraft as well.
2017-6-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-28 16:28
The cameras are exactly the same, the only difference is the Pro camera can shoot 4K. If you are mostly shooting stills, then there is no point in changing because both cameras have the same spec.

If youy are going to spend money on 'upgrading' to the pro camera, you would be better off upgrading to a better aircraft as well.

He's talking about swapping the P3pro camera to the Standard.
The Pro and Adv cameras are interchangeable but not compatible with the Standard.
2017-6-28
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I bet the p3 4k models camera would work. I dont see why not. The p3 4k is just a p3s with a 4k camera right?
2017-6-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2017-6-28 17:56
He's talking about swapping the P3pro camera to the Standard.
The Pro and Adv cameras are interchangeable but not compatible with the Standard.

Yes, I know you can't fit the pro camera to the standard, but the fact is the camera is essentially exactly the same, the only difference is 4K video. The rest of the gimbal package is quite different though.
2017-6-28
Use props
SimonDobbins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204610 ft
United Kingdom

Duchunter Posted at 2017-6-28 18:47
I bet the p3 4k models camera would work. I dont see why not. The p3 4k is just a p3s with a 4k camera right?

No, I have a p3 4k and the controller and control units are totally different.  the 4k has the double antenna controller  
2017-8-30
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

SimonDobbins Posted at 2017-8-30 01:42
No, I have a p3 4k and the controller and control units are totally different.  the 4k has the double antenna controller

The controller does look different but it still connects through wifi and not a micro usb. It looks like the lightbridge controller but it does not utilize lightbridge technology. It works exactly like the p3 standard controller, they just made it look like the p3p controller but it does not function like a p3p controller.
2017-9-3
Use props
fans11289ba3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 168002 ft

Canada

Could one put a phantom 3 Standard camera and gimbal onto a pro3 shell.I want the distance from pro3.
WW
2017-11-27
Use props
*onecooltech*
lvl.2
Flight distance : 883406 ft
United States

Duchunter Posted at 2017-6-28 18:47

The P3 4K has VPS too, though both the 4K and Standard use WIFI. I'm wondering how the DJI Go app will recognize the difference between the cameras, if you actually could swap them?
2018-1-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

*onecooltech* Posted at 2018-1-4 12:34
The P3 4K has VPS too, though both the 4K and Standard use WIFI. I'm wondering how the DJI Go app will recognize the difference between the cameras, if you actually could swap them?

'I'm wondering how the DJI Go app will recognize the difference between the cameras, if you actually could swap them?'

It has nothing to do with the Go App, the aircraft will not supporet the later camera.
2018-1-4
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

the plugs between the standard AC and camera/gimbal are different from that of the Pro AC and camera/gimbal. plus the main AC boards are different (I.E. not programmed to work with the other camera). so if you buy the Pro 4k camera/gimbal with the cable set and the main AC board then you can make it work on your standard AC.... me though would just buy a P3 SE, P3 4k or P3P all 3 have the 4k camera
2018-1-4
Use props
*onecooltech*
lvl.2
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-1-4 18:29
the plugs between the standard AC and camera/gimbal are different from that of the Pro AC and camera/gimbal. plus the main AC boards are different (I.E. not programmed to work with the other camera). so if you buy the Pro 4k camera/gimbal with the cable set and the main AC board then you can make it work on your standard AC.... me though would just buy a P3 SE, P3 4k or P3P all 3 have the 4k camera

I agree, that's why I picked up a P3 4K, since they were cheaper during the summer. I kind of wish now that I went with the professional, for the distance, but you cannot beat the 4K.
2018-1-4
Use props
*onecooltech*
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-4 15:04
'I'm wondering how the DJI Go app will recognize the difference between the cameras, if you actually could swap them?'

It has nothing to do with the Go App, the aircraft will not supporet the later camera.

Thanks Geebax, I kind of figured that too, but you summed it up.
2018-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules