WHERE are the Panoramas we were promised!?!
2113 13 2017-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans375cc1d1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 294619 ft
United States

After taking shots in panorama mode, where are the finished panoramas?  The system takes the 9 shots in horizontal mode, then stores them. They are there, but DJI advertised that Panoramas would be automatically stitched in the app.  There is no stitching and no finished panos.  Just 9 individual shots on the SD, raw, unstitched.

Am I missing something?  how do we get panoramas made in app?

Thanks all

aw
2017-6-28
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

I've been wondering the same thing.  I think you have to view them from the Spark.  I took some today and went into the editor while I was still connected to the Spark.  It said "Stitching Photos Together" when I went to look at it but it didn't look like a panorama to me.  Later when I pulled the SD card out and transferred the photos to my computer it was just a folder with the 9 individual photos in it.  Probably have to download it to the phone after it said "stitching photos" while still connected to the Spark.  There were some .html files on the card but they wouldn't open or anything.  Not sure what they were from.
2017-6-28
Use props
mtnlandpix
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I believe if you go into edit in the DJI Go 4 app, you will find the stitched pano on your phone or tablet.  It will be lower rez however.  I download the 9 photos from the SD card into Panorama Studio 3 Pro to get a high rez stitched pano.
2017-6-28
Use props
fans375cc1d1
lvl.1
United States

Figured it out... The playback button in the bottom right of the flight screen (while still connected to the spark). This opens the SD card viewer and once you select one of the pano shots, the stitch function begins.
IMG_1700.PNG
2017-6-28
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

fans375cc1d1 Posted at 2017-6-28 20:15
Figured it out... The playback button in the bottom right of the flight screen (while still connected to the spark). This opens the SD card viewer and once you select one of the pano shots, the stitch function begins.

What do you do after the stitch function finishes?  Download right there to the phone?  

I was able to go to the playback button and it stitched the panoramas for me but when I got home and took the SD card out and put it in my computer there were no pano's......just folders with 9 images in them.

It's frustrating that you have to do all these special effects while connected to the Spark because usually when I'm done taking videos/photos, I've exhausted all of my batteries so I have to wait until I recharge the batteries.  
2017-6-29
Use props
Nixtoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United Kingdom

fans375cc1d1 Posted at 2017-6-28 20:15

What was the quality like? Full 12mp or lower?
2017-6-29
Use props
TechPreacher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9275 ft
United Kingdom

Nixtoo Posted at 2017-6-29 04:25

The stitched picture downloaded to the phone via the DJI4 app has 2183*713 pixels.
Format is PNG.
20170625_141727801_iOS.jpg
2017-6-29
Use props
jonp
lvl.1
Canada

TechPreacher Posted at 2017-6-29 04:53
The stitched picture downloaded to the phone via the DJI4 app has 2183*713 pixels.
Format is PNG.

Wow, that's effectively useless. I've been stiching them using Photomerge in Photoshop CS and getting ~22MP images since I don't want to have to connect to the Spark in order to do an operation that has nothing to do with flying.

2017-6-29
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

You need to press the triangle thing on the bottom right of the phone screen, then select the image, the phone will then stitch all the 9 photos together, then press download the editor, then go into the editor section of the app and press download to photos.... it is a complex process and could be improved  
2017-6-29
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

TechPreacher Posted at 2017-6-29 04:53
Format is PNG.

This is not a full pano and I don't know how you did it. Horizontal pano is made of 9 photos and size of 3mp 2335x1277 in JPEG format 180kb
2017-6-29
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

Agree, they need to do a better job of not only communicating this function (as I was lost on it as well) but not downgrading the quality of the images.  
2017-6-29
Use props
Nixtoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United Kingdom

Gosh, that's small!
2017-6-29
Use props
fans375cc1d1
lvl.1
United States

Jimmers Posted at 2017-6-29 04:19
What do you do after the stitch function finishes?  Download right there to the phone?  

I was able to go to the playback button and it stitched the panoramas for me but when I got home and took the SD card out and put it in my computer there were no pano's......just folders with 9 images in them.

I agree - very cumbersome to achieve...once the pano is complete you can download it direct to device in the bottom left corner of the playback screen.  Res is not full 12MP - but not bad for mobile device viewing.  I also downloaded the 9 full MP images to google photos and it automatically stitches at full res, but not 12 MP I don't think.

Something to be improved in future updates for sure.
2017-6-29
Use props
fans375cc1d1
lvl.1
United States

Nixtoo Posted at 2017-6-29 04:25

Definitely not full MP - I am still experimenting but at least I know how to get the pano function working now!  Next step is to figure out best way to render the pano stitch to create highest MP res.  I also used google photos with the 9 shots off the SD card and it stitched really nicely - details here...

Details
DJI_0001-PANO.jpg
14.5MP 4446 × 3272 1.5 MB

The drawback is that when saving/emailing the google stitch photo to a local drive or e-mail, the res drops to less than 1MP

DJI must make this a priority in future updates.
2017-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules