49558 479 2017-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

French Spark HK Posted at 2017-7-11 07:26
I never received the latest firmware despite many range issues

We have done that for you, just to verify, did you receive an e-mail yesterday?
Please login your dji account and upgrade it via Assistant 2, then test the performance and keep us posted, thanks.
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Daveyku Posted at 2017-7-11 07:47
Okey,

Still loosing connection mid air with RC. Even after the Downgrade / upgrade tip. Also Gimball overload message 1 min after started and now not possible to link te RC to the spark again or seeing the wifi signal. The list is pretty long already for a drone that's only used about 6 times know  Still i got good hopes that it is a Software issue. Don't forget that it's not their first drone created. I give it some time before i decide to send it back.

I received your message, and have forwarded your info to engineers, will help you handle it soon.
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Riz Posted at 2017-7-11 07:46
Hi Natalia,
I have had the same problems and I  would love to try the new firmware as well.

OK, thanks, I have forwarded your info to engineers, will help you deal with it soon.
Then you need login DJI assistant with your account and upgrade it.
Please keep us posted about the performance.
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans72e8b49d Posted at 2017-7-11 18:19
I too had green spark. Disconnect while flying in sport mode total lost the drone haven’t found it yet.

Sorry to hear about that.
Did you contact tech support and provide the flight records for further analysis?
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

cwe0002 Posted at 2017-7-11 10:05
I got a chance to fly again since trying the following:

Factory reset Spark

I received your message and replied you, will help you handle it soon.
Appreciate your patience!
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Riz Posted at 2017-7-11 10:18
Hi Bobesh,
Any luck receiving the test firmware?

Please leave me your DJI account (e-mail address), I'd love to help.
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans6aaea0b4 Posted at 2017-7-12 04:30
Hi Natalia ,
I am also experiencing the same issue as all other people in this forum. Please let me know the procedure to send you all the data you need. 2 days ago I was asked by the Customer Service to send back my drone and my RC, but looking at all comments, I am hoping a new update will soon fix this so anoying issue. So I prefere to wait before sending back my drone.

Maybe you can leave me your dji account (e-mail address), I will forward it to engineers and send you the test firmware.
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans6aaea0b4 Posted at 2017-7-12 17:36
Hi Natalia,
I have the same issue as all other people in this forum.
Here is the Dropbox link for the BlackBox,

Thank you, please PM me your DJI account (e-mail address) so I can help you to get the firmware.
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans085252ed Posted at 2017-7-12 02:37
hi Natalia im in europe and i have fly combo, after 50 meters  it say on screen aircraft is disconnected from controller, but i still control the spark in the air.
and i cant change from 5.8 to 2.4 .... please help

I have reported your info to engineers, will help you handle it soon.
Appreciate your patience!
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansac3a8874 Posted at 2017-7-12 18:03
I had the same issue. I also believe it overheated, as it malfunctioned after about 10 minutes of use on a 95+ degree day.

Warning: If you send it back and have Refresh, when you put the service order in they will recommend you use the refresh. Know that even if it is a defective unit the DJI people do not care because you fallow the advise on the web site and use your refresh. I was told I should not have used Refresh (even though the web site said to) and had I sent it in for repair they would have sent a replacement (if found defective) without using the refresh contract. I believe it was done on purpose to make you pay for the shipping and handling and so you loose one of the two refreshes you have.

We'll do damage assessment after receiving your unit then let you know what caused the issue, if it's product failure, and in accord with our after-sales policy, it will be covered by warranty.
If you need any help during the process, please feel free to contact us, we'd love to help.
2017-7-12
Use props
fansac3a8874
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-12 18:19
We'll do damage assessment after receiving your unit then let you know what caused the issue, if it's product failure, and in accord with our after-sales policy, it will be covered by warranty.
If you need any help during the process, please feel free to contact us, we'd love to help.

Yes, but DJI Mindy says that since I used refresh I am out $49 bucks and one of my refresh returns. The web site was deceptive and pushed me toward using the Refresh. I would really like to see the damage assessment but she made it sound like I will not receive any additional assistance.
2017-7-12
Use props
fansac3a8874
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fansac3a8874 Posted at 2017-7-12 18:47
Yes, but DJI Mindy says that since I used refresh I am out $49 bucks and one of my refresh returns. The web site was deceptive and pushed me toward using the Refresh. I would really like to see the damage assessment but she made it sound like I will not receive any additional assistance.

By the way, I would love to get help.
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansac3a8874 Posted at 2017-7-12 18:47

I double checked your case, since you did not mention that you used DJI Care Refresh Express here, I thought you were referencing to DJI Care Refresh.
As Mindy explained, if you requested DJI Care Refresh Express, DJI will ship out the replacement product to you as soon as possible after receiving your original product, damage assessment and quotation are not required, which shortens the time required for replacement.
If you thought the problem was caused by product malfunction, you should not have requested DJI Care Refresh Express.
On our website, there are two options for you, you can go through the normal process for repair or use DJI Care Refresh Express.
When the tips popping up, you can click "Back" to continue the normal process, while if you want to learn more info about the Express service, then decide not to use it, please click on " Continue to use online repair request" instead of " Confirm to use DJI Care Refresh Express", it will be back to the home page for you to submit a normal repair case.
2.png
1.png

2017-7-12
Use props
fansac3a8874
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-12 19:41
I double checked your case, since you did not mention that you used DJI Care Refresh Express here, I thought you were referencing to DJI Care Refresh.
As Mindy explained, if you requested DJI Care Refresh Express, DJI will ship out the replacement product to you as soon as possible after receiving your original product, damage assessment and quotation are not required, which shortens the time required for replacement.If you thought the problem was caused by product malfunction, you should not have requested DJI Care Refresh Express.
On our website, there are two options for you, you can go through the normal process for repair or use DJI Care Refresh Express.
When the tips popping up, you can click "Back" to continue the normal process, while if you want to learn more info about the Express service, then decide not to use it, please click on " Continue to use online repair request" instead of " Confirm to use DJI Care Refresh Express", it will be back to the home page for you to submit a normal repair case.

I understand that DJI does not care that its web site said that if I have the refresh I should use it for the best experience. That was not true. I understand it is how companies make a living... promising one thing in a warranty and then voiding the warranty if the procedure is not followed precisely. It is probably common in China. It will not fly here. Hopefully it will be looked at to help fix the bug...
2017-7-12
Use props
PPP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35217 ft

China

fansac3a8874 Posted at 2017-7-12 19:46
I understand that DJI does not care that its web site said that if I have the refresh I should use it for the best experience. That was not true. I understand it is how companies make a living... promising one thing in a warranty and then voiding the warranty if the procedure is not followed precisely. It is probably common in China. It will not fly here. Hopefully it will be looked at to help fix the bug...

Oh, I do not think it's DJI mistake, you need read it carefully before making a decision.
Sorry..
2017-7-12
Use props
nick_radaev
New
Cyprus

i am on the same boat with everyone else, can barely reach 100m, i am connected with the cable to the remote and my phone is in airplane mode just in case, i picked i remote location with no houses or wifi signal around, DJI definitely has a problem and i am also sending it back if this is not resolved. 20x less distance then advertised is a big deal to me.
2017-7-13
Use props
French Spark HK
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-12 18:04
We have done that for you, just to verify, did you receive an e-mail yesterday?
Please login your dji account and upgrade it via Assistant 2, then test the performance and keep us posted, thanks.

Hi Natalia, yes I did receive the message to upgrade however the Spark is not recognised by the Assistant 2 (using MacBook Pro) and I heard from this forum that the OTG cable connection has been removed?? If this is true then I'm not keen to upgrade
2017-7-13
Use props
cwe0002
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84117 ft
United States

DId a flight today with the new RC firmware. Went really well except one brief RC disconnect when the spark was 350' overhead. I regained RC connection and video feed within seconds and brought it down easily. I have only been using 2.4ghz and have been having better luck.
2017-7-13
Use props
Kubicus
lvl.2
United States

Is the new RC firmware a beta release?  I have been trying to figure out how to update my controller, however, I get no notification of any update available.
2017-7-13
Use props
Riz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 671726 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-12 18:06
OK, thanks, I have forwarded your info to engineers, will help you deal with it soon.
Then you need login DJI assistant with your account and upgrade it.
Please keep us posted about the performance.

Thank You. I already mailed it back in for an exchange.
2017-7-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Kubicus Posted at 2017-7-13 15:35
Is the new RC firmware a beta release?  I have been trying to figure out how to update my controller, however, I get no notification of any update available.

Since you did not provide me your dji account (e-mail), we are not able to push the test firmware to your server.
Please PM me your account if needed, thanks.
2017-7-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Riz Posted at 2017-7-13 16:17
Thank You. I already mailed it back in for an exchange.

It's ok, should you need any further help, please feel free to let me know.
2017-7-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

French Spark HK Posted at 2017-7-13 05:18
Hi Natalia, yes I did receive the message to upgrade however the Spark is not recognised by the Assistant 2 (using MacBook Pro) and I heard from this forum that the OTG cable connection has been removed?? If this is true then I'm not keen to upgrade

Here is the tutorial for your reference:
2017-7-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

cwe0002 Posted at 2017-7-13 12:32
DId a flight today with the new RC firmware. Went really well except one brief RC disconnect when the spark was 350' overhead. I regained RC connection and video feed within seconds and brought it down easily. I have only been using 2.4ghz and have been having better luck.

Please do not fly it straight above your head.
It's better to fly it farther then higher, and remember to adjust the antennas to optimal range during flight.
Keep us posted about the performance, appreciate it.
2017-7-13
Use props
fans2370c75b
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Same issue RC is getting disconnected every few seconds and it reconnects!ugh
2017-7-13
Use props
tedder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91522 ft
Netherlands

Still not seeing the canonical way to get to 2.4ghz- power button for 9 seconds every time before flight?

What about this thing about OTG being disabled with the new beta firmware? If that's the case I don't want to bother posting my account for Natalia.
2017-7-13
Use props
fans7864979c
New
Netherlands

Try to remove your micro SD.
this resolved a similar linking problem for me
I had a new Samsung evo 64 card installed when removed all problems vanished completely. Afterwards tried installing an old Samsung 64 pro no problems at all.
Back to the evo back in disorder.
So even when your not using your camera an sd card can break your linking
Thanks to Herman from dronekenner.nl who kept me going with quote "3 pieces of high tech communicating whit each other just a minor blink can obstruct the process"
Hope this works for you all....
2017-7-14
Use props
fans04add6ab
New
Flight distance : 56519 ft
United States

Chiming in to subscribe to this thread. I have a blue spark with the fly more package.  I have been having remote disconnect issues. I have not forced 2.4ghz yet, that will be my next trouble shooting step.  I agree that it sometimes feels like an overheat issue. I also agree that it can be very scary.  Hopefully this can be solved via firmware.  
2017-7-14
Use props
cwe0002
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84117 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-13 18:45
Please do not fly it straight above your head.
It's better to fly it farther then higher, and remember to adjust the antennas to optimal range during flight.
Keep us posted about the performance, appreciate it.

Thanks, interesting you mention the antennas because I have just been folding them out but not turning them in the opposite directions like in the tutorial videos, is that the recommended antenna position?

Can you confirm if the RC firmware that I was prompted to update via DJI Go 4 yesterday is a beta version? Thanks again.
2017-7-14
Use props
AKentphoto
lvl.1
United States

For what it is worth I have yet to have an issue with connectivity with complete factory settings.  I was in Canada so temps were lower and interference was a 100% non issue.  I'll be sure and post up if things change now that I'm back in the southern US.

2017-7-14
Use props
fans72e8b49d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5188369 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-12 18:08
Sorry to hear about that.
Did you contact tech support and provide the flight records for further analysis?

Yes. Waiting for tech to email with their findings.
2017-7-14
Use props
fans6aaea0b4
New
Indonesia

I have updated the new firmware and had no issue with the RC. it seems to work.  
2017-7-14
Use props
Faisalx21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 526864 ft
Kuwait

Hi
Anyone can send to me the new firmware
My account is.       faisalx21@yahoo.com
2017-7-15
Use props
ali86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49078 ft
Malaysia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-10 01:35
You flew it in an open area, right? And you have adjusted the antennas to the optimal range all the time during flight?
I have forwarded the data to engineers already, thanks.

Hi Natalia,

Yes I did. BTW, any news from the engineering side?

Thanks
2017-7-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Faisalx21 Posted at 2017-7-15 00:20
Hi
Anyone can send to me the new firmware
My account is.

The official firmware will be released soon, please wait patiently, thank.
2017-7-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans72e8b49d Posted at 2017-7-14 13:32
Yes. Waiting for tech to email with their findings.

Please feel free to let mu know if you need any further help, hope everything goes smoothly!
2017-7-15
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25085 ft
Spain

Good afternoon! Nytalya perhaps you understand in Russian, judging by the name but I'm writing through an interpreter and ask you not to judge me strictly. I bought the Spark from the first lots and flew on with the iphone 7. Having a Mavik is complete nonsense and upon arrival in Spain I bought a remote control. And then began, describe the fact that in this thread 300 people have not written, he is constantly losing contact, ceases to be manageable and dangerous. The thing is that when the loss of communication and the spark returns to the takeoff point, people get up on this place and I had to grab it in order to avoid big problems, in consequence, my hand is all in the blood, two fingers are damaged. Promptly send a new firmware for the console and by the way the computer with the assistant 2 does not see the spark, just like a hard drive. Urgently waiting: litvakl@mail.ru And in the end, Russify the program! That for discrimination, half of Russia in phantoms and mavikas and elementary menu can not translate. Try to figure out when you are popping up four messages per second for example if it is in Spanish. a shame
2017-7-15
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25085 ft
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-15 02:10
The official firmware will be released soon, please wait patiently, thank.

You take all your money back, pay all the money back and experiment as much as you want, only at your own expense please
2017-7-15
Use props
Daveyku
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-12 18:04
I received your message, and have forwarded your info to engineers, will help you handle it soon.

And still not the test firmware after 5 days ..... please send it to me.
2017-7-15
Use props
harrismix
lvl.1
United States

Can anyone with the test firmware please tell us if it has fixed the problem or if you still continue to have disconnects after updating to the new firmware?  Thanks
2017-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules