49551 479 2017-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156867 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did y'all just try and disable Bluetooth on your phone.  ALL my problems went away on 5.8ghz when I turned off Bluetooth.
2017-7-19
Use props
jeflea1989
New
United States

I had the same issue, only to have my drone decide to start going off in its own direction.....which happened to be into a tree, and then the ground. Wonder if DJI will fix my drone since its their faulty HW.....
2017-7-19
Use props
Prosto
lvl.1
Russia

Ok, guys, please calm down: some early reports on the new firmware have been positive, but obviously the DJI team needs to do more conclusive tests before they can push the updated firmware into production. We all need to be a little patient, I'm sure the engineers are working hard on getting this resolved as soon as possible.
2017-7-19
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25085 ft
Spain

Prosto Posted at 2017-7-19 23:02
Ok, guys, please calm down: some early reports on the new firmware have been positive, but obviously the DJI team needs to do more conclusive tests before they can push the updated firmware into production. We all need to be a little patient, I'm sure the engineers are working hard on getting this resolved as soon as possible.

Do you work in dji?
2017-7-19
Use props
fansa505386a
lvl.1
France

Same issue here I crashed it twice because of that sh*t, hopefully it still works fine. I hope the firmware will fix the problem as I really cannot stand it anymore.

I will file a complaint anyway as my propellers are already ruined (I bought the fly more combo).

This is really frustrating not to be able to enjoy the thing while being stressed out because you know it can cost you a lot in case the connection drops (the bundle costs 800€ in France).

DJI are you going to do anything for your clients knowing that you put on sale something not working properly? Not acknowledging it is even worse. We talked a lot about gopro but at least they recalled the thing.

2017-7-19
Use props
Prosto
lvl.1
Russia

No I don't, I'm just trying to be reasonable. And I am waiting for this fix as much as any other Spark owner.
2017-7-20
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-7-20
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Spain

Prosto Posted at 2017-7-20 00:18
No I don't, I'm just trying to be reasonable. And I am waiting for this fix as much as any other Spark owner.

Buy from me a spark, I'll go and buy another drone. My vacation is running out. And you will wait wisely further
2017-7-20
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-20
Use props
Prosto
lvl.1
Russia

Konstantinos_an Posted at 2017-7-20 00:44
Probably lol

I really don't understand how some folks have the nerve to tell others to calm down when they are not in the "victims" shoes... I would really like to see if he would calm down when losing connection mid flight in the middle of nowhere...

And I don't really understand how people scream and yell in hysteria as if this were a matter of life and death. Spark is a consumer product -- it's a toy with some very cool capabilities, but it is a tool after all and not a professional product, like other DJI drones are. So you have to be real with your expectations.

And no, I don't work for DJI, if I were, this would be reflected in my profile.
2017-7-20
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-20
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Spain

Prosto Posted at 2017-7-20 00:56
And I don't really understand how people scream and yell in hysteria as if this were a matter of life and death. Spark is a consumer product -- it's a toy with some very cool capabilities, but it is a tool after all and not a professional product, like other DJI drones are. So you have to be real with your expectations.

And no, I don't work for DJI, if I were, this would be reflected in my profile.

I do not understand why you are writing all this, if you sit still and wait patiently. On the mind so you do in this case here as it turned out? The consumer product cut two fingers at a time when I had to catch it when it flew without control towards people.
2017-7-20
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Spain

Support service generally stopped here to answer questions
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Roli6 Posted at 2017-7-17 00:50
Hopefully the new firmware will be released very soon.
I have the same disconnecting Problem.

You can leave me your account, we'd love to push the beta to your account.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans8a1c52ee Posted at 2017-7-17 00:32
Dear Natalia, in connection with the fact that my remote control is constantly losing contact and I no longer want to cut my fingers about the propellers that would not spoil the spark or anyone. It lies and I do not use it. Send me a new firmware. I'm ready to test and describe whether there is a change or not. I'm not comfortable with it every day to connect remote control to check for updates

Please leave me your dji account (e-mail ) so we can push the beta to your account, thanks.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

cwe0002 Posted at 2017-7-17 07:22
The Beta RC has resolved the issue for me, I have flown for over an hour since and only had it happen once, almost 400' directly overhead and it instantly reconnected. The one bad thing about the beta upgrade is that my OTG cable doesn't seem to work but I got it since updating the firmware so I can't say for sure it's the cause.

Thanks for your update, we're pleased to know it performs properly after upgrading!
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Delsian Posted at 2017-7-17 07:30
Is Beta RC available for everybody to try?
Today I had to use my phone only and it wasn't effective at all.  
I wish to come back to the remote  ASAP. Where can I get Beta?

Please leave me your dji account (e-mail), we'll push the beta to your account.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Webdrone Posted at 2017-7-17 15:19
Ouch, Android or iOS ?

It cannot be used for image transmission on iOS device.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

dims85 Posted at 2017-7-17 13:08
Hello,

I have had exactly same problem today. I brought the drone for holiday witb me in crete. I fly only in beginner mode. Full gps. Drone calibrated before taking off. I decided to go from the roof top of my hotel to have a great view of crete. Takes off with RC. Firsr battery ok. I put second battery. Drones take off. I fly over roof and other house but no more than 10mts away since i am always very scared to lose the drone. Suddenly the RC disconnects. The drone does not get back to its take off position. Instead it starts dropping to the ground. Luckily enough, the ground was the garden of my hotel. Drones stays flying on top of a roof of one apartment. Try to catch it but nothing, couldnt reach it. Battery discharged and the drone drops hitting the roof of the apartment and luckily enough bounces back to the garden. 3 more neters aways and drone would have been lost forever. How am i supposed to ever fly it again? How can i try to take aerial shots if it could suddenly disconnect? I feel totally unsafe. This is not cool dji not cool at all. I feel you owe an explanation. How can i ever trust again the drone even after the firmware upgrade? What if i trust ur...fly over water and suddenly it disconnects. Who pays for it then? I wanna exhange it for a mavic and pay the diff please. Not cool at all DJI

We totally understand how you fee, sorry for the inconvenience.
Would you please leave me your dji account (e-mail), we'll push the beta firmware to you.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Daveyku Posted at 2017-7-18 07:41
Okey, when i downgraded the version it finally noticed the beta firmware.

Glad to hear that, please keep us posted for the performance after upgrading, thanks.
2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans8a1c52ee Posted at 2017-7-18 03:21
The support service reacts very strangely to our posts. Most likely the guys are not very interested in solving our problems. I bought it specially for a vacation trip. Now it lies and waits when dji gives birth to a normal firmware. Taking off driving from the phone is not convenient, 20 meters and the drone loses touch. The remote does not work. Reminds the story with Samsung, but it's unlikely that we will get the money back

Sorry I was not available for a while.
Would you please provide me your dji account (e-mail) so we can push the beta firmware to you.
2017-7-20
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi All,
We are working on this case you reported and care much about your experience on Spark, sincerely sorry for any inconvenience caused recently.
If you have the RC disconnection issue, please feel free to leave us your dji account so we can provide you the beta firmware for RC firstly, thank you very much.
Besides, if you have already upgraded the beta, it's appreciated if you could post the performance after upgrading, thank you in advance!
2017-7-20
Use props
Konstantinos_an
Banned
Germany

2017-7-20
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-20 03:23
Please leave me your dji account (e-mail ) so we can push the beta to your account, thanks.

litvakl@mail.ru Many thanks! I'm looking forward to it
2017-7-20
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

Konstantinos_an Posted at 2017-7-20 03:41
Oh my expectations are quite real bud... I would love my drone to be:

1. Able to flight & record video at the same time for more than 100m even if it doesn't reach the 2Km advertised

Not satisfied?
Return it within 14 days ("Fernabsatzgesetz" in Germany) for a full refund.

We all get it that some advertised features are misleading, or have room for speculations - although its possible to record video in gesture mode, just start recording and then do the face recognition to start gesture mode.  Maybe thy guys on the bridge did that before flying ... and waving.
But all your lamenting does not help finding solutions.
2017-7-20
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Spain

LeChuck71 Posted at 2017-7-20 04:27
Not satisfied?
Return it within 14 days ("Fernabsatzgesetz" in Germany) for a full refund.

Are we all from Germany ?? Or can not you leave a wise idea? And what do I need to do if I bought a drone much earlier than I started selling remote control?
2017-7-20
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

fans8a1c52ee Posted at 2017-7-20 04:29
Are we all from Germany ?? Or can not you leave a wise idea? And what do I need to do if I bought a drone much earlier than I started selling remote control?

No we are not, but he is.
So I was just showing him a legal way to return his Spark - 'cause he is complaining about it on and on.
2017-7-20
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Spain

LeChuck71 Posted at 2017-7-20 04:36
No we are not, but he is.
So I was just showing him a legal way to return his Spark - 'cause he is complaining about it on and on.

Can you help me? Or you selectively
2017-7-20
Use props
fans5191328c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27434 ft
Germany

Hi Natalia,

I also had issues with disconnecting RC during my last flights. It was a very hot day (> 30 °C) when i first noticed disconnecting problems. I would also like to test the new BETA firmware Natalia. My Account E-Mail is andreashub@me.com.
2017-7-20
Use props
Roli6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 589528 ft
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-20 03:23

Roland.kreidl@a1.net
2017-7-20
Use props
girien
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481713 ft
Spain

I install the update yesterday and fly 3 batteries in a row on a iPhone6 in plane mode. Using 5.8 Wifi

All was perfect, before the update i had disconnects in the second battery causing the aircraft lands in a tree 2 times.

Now, i only need to recover the confidence flying the aircraft. But the first contact was excelent.

2017-7-20
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Spain

girien Posted at 2017-7-20 05:24
I install the update yesterday and fly 3 batteries in a row on a iPhone6 in plane mode. Using 5.8 Wifi

All was perfect, before the update i had disconnects in the second battery causing the aircraft lands in a tree 2 times.

Tell me please how did you know that you came with the firmware? Is this letter in the mail or do I have to check it regularly through the application?
2017-7-20
Use props
cwe0002
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84117 ft
United States

3 more successful flights without RC disconnects. While I agree that DJI should have a more polished product when they release it, I am happy with the efforts made to resolve issues.
2017-7-20
Use props
girien
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481713 ft
Spain

fans8a1c52ee Posted at 2017-7-20 05:29
Tell me please how did you know that you came with the firmware? Is this letter in the mail or do I have to check it regularly through the application?

Yesterday i connect my RC and, before I connect the aircraft, in the Version Check when opening the DJI GO 4 shows the firmware update warning.
2017-7-20
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Spain

girien Posted at 2017-7-20 05:46
Yesterday i connect my RC and, before I connect the aircraft, in the Version Check when opening the DJI GO 4 shows the firmware update warning.

Many thanks!!
2017-7-20
Use props
fans8a1c52ee
lvl.2
Spain

girien Posted at 2017-7-20 05:46

Sorry, but the question is how much time has passed since you provided your address before you saw what happened? Some write that you can not see the new firmware until you put the previous one. How to do it if the remote control does not see the laptop
2017-7-20
Use props
HamdiR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70262 ft
Lebanon

Spark app connection is abysmal and then the remote has issues of its own

i think everyone has the right to be angry for its limited capabilities its a very expensive drone, im sure we would all agree 550 euros for just a selfie drone is a little too much, then they ask extra premium for the an essential accessory like the remote, only to find out the remote has issues too

i have no idea why such a product would release in such state, except to say they actually need this to be tested in the wild, which is all fine except the danger it implies

read this article about the Karma and you will understand how everyone simply beta tests these drones with early buyers:

https://www.theverge.com/2016/11/11/13597902/gopro-karma-drone-recall-crash-battery-fail
"Other drone companies have dealt with similar issues without issuing a recall by aggressively chasing down data on the cause of the crash and pushing firmware upgrades, sometimes without customers opting in, that fixed the issue. And hobbyists have come to expect that the lithium-ion batteries used for most consumer camera drones will act up. "Anyone who has flown drones a lot has had similar battery issues," says a drone industry veteran who has worked a both a pilot and inside a major drone manufacturer. "This is the reality of how these devices are powered."

personally i think it's all hopeless since the Spark usess basic Wifi connection, there is no escaping such issues

2017-7-20
Use props
vlasov.alexande
New
Flight distance : 26952 ft
Russia

Hi, I would also like to test the new beta firmware .
My Account e-mail is alexander.vlasov@rambler.ru.
2017-7-20
Use props
fans7a049041
New
Philippines

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-20 03:35
Sorry I was not available for a while.
Would you please provide me your dji account (e-mail) so we can push the beta firmware to you.

hi natilia  i have the same problem almost lost my drone the other day. was using otg cable when this happend, now i connect wirelessy and it seems to fix the problem so far.. hope its just the faulty otg cable issue. and it will not happen when connected via wifi. its scary!! the remote just beeps rapidly when itry turning it off. the screen turnd gray and and everything freezes, lost all control nothing i can do just waiting for it to crash. RTH a few yards from away from home point. heres a dropbox link of the flight data so you can check for (BTW after the crash i turnd it on.. still works after a few sec. starts to freeze again) its the fresh BLaCk box data u can work on or check thank you -enrico from the philippines

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b1v5p ... q6vhZr9YGSdF5a?dl=0
2017-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules