Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Operations Manual
1234Next >
20747 157 2015-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Ph02on Posted at 2015-6-9 21:16
Hi GB.  I am slowly working my way through it.  Just saw your previous post regarding some specs on ...

Jason,

I understand your concerns regarding the commercial insurance.  I asked this myself in the past with EuroUSC as I didn't want to start paying commercial insurance and potentially lose two or three months because approval was late etc.

EuroUSC confirmed that you can submit your application without commercial insurance, although this seems to go against the official forms from the CAA when you fill them in.

Anyway, I submitted my application to the CAA with only membership of the BMFA.  However, I did have a clear statement in the insurance section of the Ops Manual that my business .......... would seek to take out commercial insurance once CAA operator approval was granted and maintain cover accordingly.

After I submitted my application, I arranged with my insurers (John Heath) for the commercial insurance to commence after the application had been submitted and on a certain date, so if the CAA did subsequently ask for an insurance policy number I could then be in a position to give them the information.  In this way I wasn't paying the commercial insurance for at least one wasted month.

Hope this helps, but the final decision is yours.  On the other side of the coin, you would still be covered under the commercial insurance for training flights and theft, aircraft damage whilst you wait for the CAA approval.
2015-6-9
Use props
SimonMW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361263 ft

United Kingdom

GB44 as a business clients need to be lined up in advance. It isn't illegal to agree work in advance, only to actually physically fly the Inspire and record video etc for payment.
2015-6-12
Use props
adrian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1751102 ft
United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-5-29 03:15
If you send me your email, I will send you a copy of the specs I have in my Ops Manual

Hi GB44, done the theory course and just working through the ops manual. I see you have kindly shared your tech section. Could you send it to me, to see if I'm on the right track. adrian@vancols.com
Many thanks.

Would also like to hear from any who has done the flight test, any helpful pointers would be appreciated.
2015-6-13
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

adrian@vancols. Posted at 2015-6-13 16:52
Hi GB44, done the theory course and just working through the ops manual. I see you have kindly sha ...

Adrian,

I don't want to write it for you, the idea is to you have a stab at it first.  If you are doing the EuroUSC course they will give you a template.  Most of the key questions that people are getting stuck on with their individual Ops Manual have been answered in the past, just look up previous posts.

I have given suggested answers to most of the Specification section.

With regard to the flight test.  Provided you are competent in flying and done all your pre-flight checks as you would anyway there is nothing to worry about.

You will get a pack sent which describes the flight exam and tells you what you will be required to do such demonstrate all failsafes functions, fly in at, GPS, fly in figure of eight and rectangles etc.

2015-6-13
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

SimonMW Posted at 2015-6-12 20:22
GB44 as a business clients need to be lined up in advance. It isn't illegal to agree work in advance ...

Simon ,  

Agree totally there is no harm in marketing yourself and lining up work.  

The key thing is no payment, but that can be tricky as it can be construed that if you record video and use that video for your business marketing etc. their is an element of commercial activity associated with that if it leads to securing a job.  

However, I think the CAA have enough on their plate as it is without addressing issues and setting precedent cases where no money has exchanged but there has been some commercial value attached to a particular video or film etc.

2015-6-13
Use props
adrian
lvl.3
United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-13 20:34
Adrian,

I don't want to write it for you, the idea is to you have a stab at it first.  If you are  ...

Hi GB44, I have written the ops manual and sent it in, just waiting for 1st feedback, was just interested in the tech section, in particular the frequency and output of the transmitter, and really just to see what could be left blank and what needed to be filled in, just to see if I was on the right track. You have posted the answers anyway so don't worry, it's just that you offered it to others and I thought I could compare. I'll know so enough anyway.

Practicing my figure of eight and flying in ATTI mode daily lol.
2015-6-13
Use props
Pgale
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275207 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Jason - was good to meet you on the course (sorry for not replying sooner due to the crap forum software DJI use and no email alerts to replies here!)
2015-6-14
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

adrian@vancols. Posted at 2015-6-13 16:52
Hi GB44, done the theory course and just working through the ops manual. I see you have kindly sha ...

Adrian,

Have you been trying to PM me ?  Not sure if this is up and running yet although  I did get a message when clicking the PM button just by chance.
2015-6-14
Use props
remcoschutz
lvl.1
Netherlands

GB44 Posted at 2015-3-18 04:45
lethbrp,

If you send me your email I will give you a copy of what I have submitted for the Inspir ...

Hello GB44.  Is it possible you could send me a copy of the inspire Operations Manual also.  I am doing the BNUC-S with EUROUSC soon too.  My mail adres is: remcoschutz@gmail.com

Thanks!!!

Remco
2015-6-14
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

remcoschutz Posted at 2015-6-14 19:48
Hello GB44.  Is it possible you could send me a copy of the inspire Operations Manual also.  I am  ...

If you are doing the EuroUSC course you will get their own template that you should use.  I originally used my own version but they did not like the format as it was not in the way they wanted it presented or wasn't to their liking, even though it contained the same information.  

You just need to wait for their template to be issued or ask them for it, and they will provide the latest version for you.  Once you have it you will see that I have answered some of the more technical questions already on the forum.  It is a really simple template.  I also found that when inserting copies of checklists etc. into the word template appendices, it is better to insert them as a special paste, pdf.

Please have a go at completing it first then if stuck ask questions, but its better for you to have a go first after all it is to be your Ops Manual when completed.

Please understand, I am not trying to be awkward or being unhelpful.
2015-6-14
Use props
kenny
New

United Kingdom

Hi all, I'm doing my EuroUSC Operations Manual and was wondering if anyone can comment on how much additional information is required over the text they supply in their template? A lot of the information seems pretty complete to me, surely it cant be as simple as deleting their red guidelines boxes and filling in the technical information? Or can it?
2015-6-16
Use props
Pgale
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275207 ft
United Kingdom

kenny@mojatv.co Posted at 2015-6-16 17:57
Hi all, I'm doing my EuroUSC Operations Manual and was wondering if anyone can comment on how much a ...

Actually most of their template can be used but there's a fair bit relating to your own aircraft and how you are structured and plan to operate. It's not rocket science but does make you think about how you will work - which is a very good thing. That's why it's unique to each operator as everyone works differently. That's also why it's a very good idea to do the manual yourself rather than getting someone else to do it - you've had that process of thinking it through.

Another area that needs some work are the checklists. I've re-written the checklists that EuroUSC supplied to make them Inspire 1 specific and added lists such as a camera operator pre-flight and end of the day shutdown list etc. Even if you don't actually use some of them, it's a useful process to go through.

On a slightly different topic, I'm debating whether to produce the checklists as Adobe Acrobat forms with checklist boxes that work well on an iPad etc or as traditional laminated lists. Pros and cons for each method, particularly if your iPad is tied up on the pilot app for the pre-flight checks.
2015-6-17
Use props
lucaoms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 599049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

GB44 Posted at 2015-5-28 02:41
To All,

List teh specific queries you have in relation to your Ops Manuals and I will endeavour to  ...

I'm working to have Eurousc certification , I' have a Italian autorizzation by ENAC  for Inspire one, I' know the rules  Please do not think that can you make a drag and drop , by other OPS manual.
All manual need a good preparation and knowledge about national rules..
work to get the result, not always seek what cloning is the easiest way .....
By

2015-6-17
Use props
lucaoms
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-9 21:23
Jason,\

Spec info as follows:

model DJI??? is not a specification
dji A2 variant ( wher you find this information?? what is "variant" )
If there is reply for required specification , sorry but I do not see any specification....

one of the most critical information is firmware, you know that you can not change firmware after you declare version use in manual?
How you reseolve this question?
by
2015-6-17
Use props
acdale00
New

United Kingdom

I'm currently working on completing EuroUSC Ops Manual. It's now mostly complete, the only thing I'm not sure is correct is the following;

Ground Station Link Make and Model: DJI?
Ground Station Control Frequency: Is this 2.4 GHz or 5.8 GHz?
Payload Link Make and Model: Is this DJI Lightbridge?
Payload Link Frequency and Power: Is this 2.4 GHz or 5.8 GHz?

Aircraft Balance Limitations: What are these?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
2015-6-17
Use props
lucaoms
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

acdale00 Posted at 2015-6-17 17:42
I'm currently working on completing EuroUSC Ops Manual. It's now mostly complete, the only thing I'm ...

sorry but:
your inspire have a ground station?
if NO you do not need to indicate this
by
2015-6-17
Use props
acdale00
New

United Kingdom

I use an iPad which is what I have indicated in my Ops Manual but unsure what it means by "Ground Station *Link* Make and Model"
2015-6-17
Use props
lucaoms
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

acdale00 Posted at 2015-6-17 21:04
I use an iPad which is what I have indicated in my Ops Manual but unsure what it means by "Ground St ...

you have not groud station
Ground station link: N.I. ( not installed)
Model: N.I.
2015-6-17
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

lucaoms Posted at 2015-6-17 17:12
model DJI??? is not a specification
dji A2 variant ( wher you find this information?? what is "var ...

I completed my Ops Manual with the assistance of the EuroUSC flight examiner, where specific information was  not available via DJI.  It was approved and submitted to CAA.

With regards to firmware, who said you can't change this once you submit it to the CAA.  If you do an update on your aircraft then its up to you to maintain your Ops Manual so that it is current, otherwise how do you know what firmware you are operating with.  I have updated my Ops  Manual to include new firmware releases after submission, but I suspect the CAA will not be interested in every firmware update until such time that you renew your Operators License then re-submit you current Ops Manual at that time.  I may be wrong but its difficult to get information out of the CAA.
2015-6-17
Use props
acdale00
New

United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-6-17
Use props
lucaoms
lvl.3
  • >>>
Italy

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-17 22:33
I completed my Ops Manual with the assistance of the EuroUSC flight examiner, where specific infor ...

it's appreved by CAA? have you a certificate or comunication for this approvation?
thanks

for firmaware ( you must to indicate in ops manual what version), the problem is not if CAA it's interested, but if you have an incident with birds , and after verify , on bird you have another firware version( do not forget that firmware contains flight comand ) tha version indicated in ops manual, I'm sure that in italy you will have more problem, I don't know in GB but in italy
and second problem it's that Inspire one after 10 fly with old firmware do not fly until you install last firmaware
by

2015-6-18
Use props
acdale00
New

United Kingdom

GB44 please can you advise what to put for Aircraft Balance Limitations. EUROUSC template suggests mm ‘fore or aft’ of balance point but unsure what this means.

Cheers
2015-6-19
Use props
gazbpool
lvl.1

United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-5-29 03:15
If you send me your email, I will send you a copy of the specs I have in my Ops Manual

hi gb44 just had my ops sent back saying i need to add balance limitations  not sure on this  any ideas thanks regards Garry   gary.martindale@ntlworld.com  
2015-6-19
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

gazbpool Posted at 2015-6-20 04:26
hi gb44 just had my ops sent back saying i need to add balance limitations  not sure on this  any  ...

Yeah no problem.

Just write in this :

15mm fore and aft of centre of gravity
2015-6-20
Use props
gazbpool
lvl.1

United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-20 17:03
Yeah no problem.

Just write in this :

cheers not sure on broadcast signal and strength  and is the ipad classed as the ground station ?
2015-6-20
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

gazbpool Posted at 2015-6-21 01:23
cheers not sure on broadcast signal and strength  and is the ipad classed as the ground station ?

Broadcast signal etc.

2.4GHz , 100mW ; 5.8Ghz , 25Mw
2015-6-20
Use props
gbh255
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've just had my reviewed manual back with feedback and I've got to change the Payload Link Make and Model Information in the specs table. Struggling to work out what its supposed to be here from googling and the DJI sight any advice?

The comment that came back from EuroUSC is: Please include the payload link information (make & model) such as Immersion, Fat Shark, etc.
From my research it looks like its Immersion to me but not sure if I need more info ie model??

Thanks in advance
2015-7-2
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

gbh255 Posted at 2015-7-3 00:04
I've just had my reviewed manual back with feedback and I've got to change the Payload Link Make and ...

GBH255....

This is what I put in and EuroUSC approved it :

Payload Link Make and Model        :  DJI Inspire gimbal Zenmuse X3
Payload Link Frequency and Power        :  DJI – 5.8Ghz  25mW

If DJI dont release the information this is all you can provide and all that can be asked of you.
2015-7-2
Use props
adrian
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi, thought I would let you know, I passed my flight exam today. Happy days.
2015-7-2
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

adrian@vancols. Posted at 2015-7-3 04:52
Hi, thought I would let you know, I passed my flight exam today. Happy days.

Good to hear.

What region are you located in ?
2015-7-3
Use props
Tony Tronic
lvl.2

United Kingdom

For the aircraft balance limitations I was advised in my amendments feedback to write MARKED ON AIRFRAME - ±20MM
I am about to mark the airframe with a small sticker, but have realised that it doesn't mention if it's the balance point for the aircraft MTOM or just the airframe. Does anybody know?
Thanks.
2015-7-12
Use props
southerndoug
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3010495 ft
Australia

Anyone know what the specs are for the ESCs on the Inspire? Anyone in Australia got the I1 on their UOC? Trying to do the paperwork...
2015-7-14
Use props
adrian
lvl.3
United Kingdom

GB44, based in Essex but travel all over the SouthEast, CAA permission came through a few days ago, 7 days after submission!!
2015-7-14
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

adrian@vancols. Posted at 2015-7-15 14:21
GB44, based in Essex but travel all over the SouthEast, CAA permission came through a few days ago,  ...

Adrian,

Nice to here you got your CAA permission in super fast time.  My CAA approval and license took around 47 days and I know of someone who has been waiting 60+ days and as of last week still hadn't received anything.

I know the CAA has been taking on extra staff to tackle the surge of applications, but realistically they don't have enough staff to answer telephone calls or respond quickly to emails and that has to change  if they are to operated and provide a commercial service.  It is worrying that it is a Government appointed body and yet it doesn't seem to be up to speed yet offering a service where you can call to speak with someone rather than having to leave a voice mail, then waiting to see if anyone actually returns the call which normally they haven't been returning calls about UAV enquiries.

Anyway I rant on,  it is really good to here that you have your Commercial License.  

I would also advise that  when filling in your Ops Manual checklists  whenever you fly, every month or on a frequent basis print the complete checklist as a pdf file so that you have a record of all your entries, flight hours etc.  just in case you computer melts down or your files become corrupt then at least you have the data to input back.  Keep  back up on a external drive perhaps.

If you need any more help just send a friend request and PM me, and I will help if I can.
2015-7-15
Use props
Tony Tronic
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Tony Tronic Posted at 2015-7-12 22:36
For the aircraft balance limitations I was advised in my amendments feedback to write MARKED ON AIRF ...

Does anybody have any ideas for this?
2015-7-15
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Tony Tronic Posted at 2015-7-16 03:53
Does anybody have any ideas for this?

I have already answered this previously :

Balance Limitations :  15mm fore and aft of centre of gravity
2015-7-15
Use props
Tony Tronic
lvl.2

United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-7-16 04:17
I have already answered this previously :

Balance Limitations :  15mm fore and aft of centre of g ...

I was told to mark it on the aircraft and don't know whether it is just the airframe without battery and gimbal or the aircraft MTOM?
2015-7-15
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Tony Tronic Posted at 2015-7-16 04:28
I was told to mark it on the aircraft and don't know whether it is just the airframe without batte ...

Who told you to mark it on the aircraft ?  This is not a normal requirement, just include in the Ops Manual.
2015-7-15
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Tony Tronic Posted at 2015-7-16 04:28
I was told to mark it on the aircraft and don't know whether it is just the airframe without batte ...

Who told you to mark it on the aircraft ?  This is not a normal requirement, just include in the Ops Manual.
2015-7-15
Use props
Tony Tronic
lvl.2

United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-7-16 05:24
Who told you to mark it on the aircraft ?  This is not a normal requirement, just include in the O ...

The person at Euro USC that reviewed my Ops Manual.
2015-7-15
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules