21094 157 2015-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Tony Tronic Posted at 2015-7-16 05:34
The person at Euro USC that reviewed my Ops Manual.

Well I don't have it on my aircraft, but it is in the Ops Manual if I need to refer to it.  

I am unaware of any statutory requirement for you to have this displayed on the aircraft.  

Just ask politely if it is necessary as you can't seem to find any reference within the CAA regulations etc where this is requested or demanded.  Ask the examiner if he could point you to the specific regulation where it requires this information to be written or displayed on the aircraft as you are struggling to find any such clause within the respective regulations.

EuroUSC also require you to submit your aircraft serial number, but they never check this with the aircraft you turn up with for your flight exam.  What happens if you build your own aircraft, that will not have a serial number stamped or marked on the aircraft like manufacturers.  Sounds like this is just EuroUSC trying to enforce something again.

What would happen if there was no clean surface to write on the aircraft ?

If EuroUSC or the examiner continue to request this just agree, put it in your Ops manual and just turn up for your flight exam, they probably will never look for it or even enforce it.

2015-7-15
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Tony Tronic Posted at 2015-7-16 04:28
I was told to mark it on the aircraft and don't know whether it is just the airframe without batte ...

Tony,

That is the thing, the centre of gravity will change with everything you put on the aircraft.  The balance limitations are just that a simple tolerance of where the centre of gravity should come to rest if the balance is checked.  

In theory the balance check should be done with battery, camera and everything ready for flight, props etc.
2015-7-15
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-7-19 09:04
> Broadcast signal etc.
> 2.4GHz , 100mW ; 5.8Ghz , 25Mw

Yes,

I apologise, my error it should read   :    5.8Ghz, 25mW.

And  no I am not an anally retentive anorak, I am simply trying to give people here information to help them where otherwise they are unable to find the information, like the exact position that I was in when I was trying to produce my Ops Manual.

This just proves I am not an anorak, but human and like others I too may make mistake sometimes...

2015-7-19
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-7-20 04:05
> And  no I am not an anally retentive anorak,

I'm sorry, GB44. I wasn't suggesting that you were  ...

Good that you did spot that typo though.....
2015-7-19
Use props
Paul Joy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3754318 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great thread, especially as I'm currently working on my own Ops Manual. Maybe I misread something but from my research I thought that both control and telemetry was handled with 2.4GHz frequency and the 5.8GHz frequency was used for controller - controller communication only. Is that wrong?

Thanks

Paul
2015-7-30
Use props
Scotflieger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26875098 ft
United Kingdom

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-7-30 23:51
My understanding (confirmed by the official literature) is in line with your own.

Both controllers  ...

You are correct on your understanding.
2015-7-30
Use props
samconner
New

United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-3-18 04:45
lethbrp,

If you send me your email I will give you a copy of what I have submitted for the Inspir ...

Hello GB44.

I am really struggling getting some information for my OM, please would you be able to send me the teh specs that you used for yours.

My email is sam.conner@hotmail.co.uk

many thanks.
2015-8-5
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

samconner Posted at 2015-8-6 03:21
Hello GB44.

I am really struggling getting some information for my OM, please would you be able  ...

Sam,

I you troll through this post you will probably find all the answers your require.  If you still need specific information then ask or pm me, but you should be able to get all the information you need for your Ops Manual, as I have provided the information and data for most queries to complete the technical specifications required.
2015-8-5
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-8-16 08:56
> ...I have answered most of the queries on what to insert in the spec section of your Ops Manual. ...

Paul,

Just responding to some of your comments and queries:

You don't need to provide addresses of Observers or Spotters as they will be in your employment or the employ of your Business who will ultimately have the License.  You can list them if you know who they will be can and provide any training they have in support, e.g I use my wife as an Observer so listed her name and qualifications.   If you need additional spotters etc. these may be taken on as and when a project dictates this by way of risk assessmenta nd could equally be different people.  This is your opportunity for you to explain your understanding of managing your proposed operations in a safe and controlled manner.  

You don't need to say wether you intend using a camera operator or not.  This has nothing to do with the flying.  It will however demonstrate safe operations.  There is nothing stopping you from operating a a single Pilot who also controls gimbal functions.  I would suggest that you dont state that you will use a second camera operator as you will then be telling the CAA that this is the only way you will operate.  Stay silent on it then it is you as the Pilot in Command and License holder to ensure they are competent for the camera operation.  This is simply something that the CAA will not be interested in.

Observers always required in commercial operations.

BMFA is for hobbyist flying.  What I was trying to convey is that once you get your commercial insurance, there will be a small caveat, clause stating that all operations will be for business purposes and if you dont take out the extra cover with the BMFA, the commercial insurance won't cover you for hobbyist flying.  Training , practice etc. is considered all part of commercial flying.  
As far as I understand, soon as you start using the camera and video on your aircraft, you need to take out the additional BMFA extension even as a hobbyist and BMFA Clubs will only allow you to join their club if you have the extension if using an aircraft with camera or surveilance attached.
2015-8-16
Use props
Wolfberries
New

Singapore

I would appreciate if someone could send me a copy of the operations manual pls. Having so much questions from CAA and appreciate all the help i can get.

Pls email me at : mabelkoh@hotmail.com.

Thanks!!
2015-9-2
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

Wolfberries Posted at 2015-9-2 10:23
I would appreciate if someone could send me a copy of the operations manual pls. Having so much ques ...

I dont think that anyone will send you a copy of thier completed ops manual.  I can only speak for myself, but I invested a huge amount of time in preparing and compiling my ops manual, even going as far as designing all my own logbooks and checklists complete with my company logo for submission.  I am sure that all others with approved ops manuals have inversted just as much of thier own time as I have done.

If you search and read this thread, you will find there is already a fair bit of info regarding the most commonly asked and confusing questions to give you most of what you will need.  If there is anything specific that I can help with, I will be happy to do so.

Jason
2015-9-2
Use props
geordiebarrie
New

United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-5-28 20:15
If you send me your email, I will send you a copy of the specs I have in my Ops Manual

Hi there,

I'm currently filling out my operations manual after recently passing my exam through EuroUSC.  I'm struggling with the specs section for the Inspire 1 - any help would be fantastic.

shootgeordie@gmail.com

Huge thanks in advance.
2015-9-15
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

geordiebarrie Posted at 2015-9-15 17:05
Hi there,

I'm currently filling out my operations manual after recently passing my exam through  ...

Have a look through the  thread and you will see most questions have already been answered.  If you're still stuck then ask specifically what it is you are stuck on.  
2015-9-15
Use props
Flashman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226768 ft
United Kingdom

Ph02on Posted at 2015-9-2 18:05
I dont think that anyone will send you a copy of thier completed ops manual.  I can only speak for ...

I have been reading this post with interest as I am looking to purchase a DJI Inspire 1 UAV in the near future and possibly go down the commercial route.
I am surprised that no one on this forum has taken the time to publish an extract of their CAA Approved Ops Manual with the type specific information that this post is littered with. I agree with Ph02on that a lot of time, effort and personal pride goes into producing an Ops Manual. I am not saying that all this information should be shared but a standardised, type specific section for each UAV would probably be appreciated by all, including the CAA. The same could be said for the Flight Reference Cards.

2015-11-28
Use props
zhangwl87
lvl.1

Singapore

Hi, we created www.exmaps.com and recently added DJI .DAT flight log support for Phantom 3 and Inspire 1. Basically these are the flight logs that are in the drone and accessible via USB. The goal is to make flight logging easier. However, we do not own an Inspire 1 and therefore cannot be certain that it works 100%. Can someone help us test it out? You can keep the logs private if you register for an account.
2015-12-8
Use props
Gulangyu
New

United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-3-17 20:45
lethbrp,

If you send me your email I will give you a copy of what I have submitted for the Inspir ...

Hey GB44,

Apologies for asking questions so close to christmas what with the holidays and the last minute christmas rush but I am literally about to submit my OPs Manual within the next few days and If you have the time I could really do with a few last minute pointers !

Im going through EuroUSC and and my business partner is just about to take the theory exam.

Have spoken to the guys at EuroUSC and they have been incredibly helpful with a great deal of information covering all aspects of the manual, what they have advised is to stick to the template provided and not to veer to far.. keep things simple and straightforward.

So if you can offer any additional tips or points to be considered beforehand it would be greatly appreciated.  

Just wondering how much additional detailed information is required aside from that already provided via the template ??

my email address is grantsebastianlee@gmail.com

Thanks for your time

GSL
2015-12-15
Use props
james
New

United Kingdom

Hi all,
I found this thread which has been very helpful.  Has anyone recently created their ops manual for a Phantom 3 professional?  I could do with some help with the tech spec section if anyone would be kind enough to let me know how they completed this.  My email is jameslon@hotmail.com   Many thanks, James.
2015-12-30
Use props
deanmcneill
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1414593 ft
United Kingdom

lethbrp,

how do i obtain your email address please im having probs with my opps manual
2016-1-10
Use props
deanmcneill
lvl.1
United Kingdom

lethbrp,

Hi gb 44 how can i pm u to get your email address
2016-1-10
Use props
deanmcneill
lvl.1
United Kingdom

lethbrp,

hi gb44 how can i get your email add im struggling with my opps manual i passed my course on the 12 of dec with Uavair cheers
dean
2016-1-12
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hi could I please grab a copy of someones tech specs. I'm running the inspire pro with x5 but not so different but just want to check the components etc. Cheers
hello [at] skynique [dot] co [dot] uk
2016-1-12
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Specifically I'm interested in:
- Motor speed rpm for dji 3510h motors
- Flight controller / internal components
- Controller output power
-Maximum transmission distance

Thanks
2016-1-13
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

dopeytree Posted at 2016-1-13 10:04
Specifically I'm interested in:
- Motor speed rpm for dji 3510h motors
- Flight controller / interna ...

You don't need to provide Motor Speed for Ops Manual
For Flight Control just put this :

Flight Control  System

DJI - A2 Variant

2016-1-16
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2016-1-16 13:39
You don't need to provide Motor Speed for Ops Manual
For Flight Control just put this :

Cheers all sorted now & submitted. I now realise I was following an old template guide for self builds.
2016-1-16
Use props
Alan Gale
New

United Kingdom

dopeytree Posted at 2016-1-16 15:26
Cheers all sorted now & submitted. I now realise I was following an old template guide for self bu ...

Hello, I wonder if you could share the tech specs for the inspire 1 via Euro USC, been struggling for weeks!
akgale at hotmail dot co dot uk. Thanks very much Alan
2016-1-16
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Alan Gale Posted at 2016-1-16 17:50
Hello, I wonder if you could share the tech specs for the inspire 1 via Euro USC, been struggling  ...

Alan,

Try an complete yourself using the Inspire Manual then where youre stuck search the forum, I have answered all queries in the past on what to fill in.
2016-1-16
Use props
broerer
First Officer
Flight distance : 42008 ft
Netherlands

Hi GB44
Can you send me also a copy
my e-mailadrwess is broerer@chello.nl
regards
Rob
2016-1-27
Use props
tecbug
lvl.1

United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2016-1-16 18:04
Alan,

Try an complete yourself using the Inspire Manual then where youre stuck search the forum, I ...

Hi GB44,
just completing my ops manual i found most of the specs and info from your previous posts (thanks)
however im stuck on "groundstation control frequency" can you help me out please.
2016-1-28
Use props
tecbug
lvl.1

United Kingdom

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-28 17:24
I think you'll find that's referring to the control link between the aircraft and the RC and that' ...

thanks Paul,
I was under the impression that my ipad air was the ground station??
2016-1-28
Use props
tecbug
lvl.1

United Kingdom

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-28 18:01
Your iPad does not communicate with the aircraft (directly) and is connected to your RC via the US ...

Paul,
Many thanks for the clarification thats exactly what i needed.
2016-1-28
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

broerer Posted at 2016-1-27 11:59
Hi GB44
Can you send me also a copy
my e-mailadrwess is

Which queries are you stuck on.

As I have said the forum has the answers if you just have a little search.

Post a specific query and most of us here are glad to help.  

Paul has also cleared up common issues here also.
2016-1-29
Use props
dronefocus
New

United Kingdom

am I right in thinking that Flight Reference cards are all the various check lists?
2016-1-30
Use props
dronefocus
New

United Kingdom

thx Paul. I was a professional pilot for many years and I have never heard them referred to as FRCs before
2016-1-30
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

dronefocus Posted at 2016-1-30 21:37
thx Paul. I was a professional pilot for many years and I have never heard them referred to as FRCs  ...

I think different training providers have different abbreviations.

I just refer to them as Pre and Post Flight Checks.
2016-2-10
Use props
steelfabricatio
New

United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2016-2-10 22:06
I think different training providers have different abbreviations.

I just refer to them as Pre an ...

Hi GB44 i have struggled on a few questions do you think you could help ?
2016-3-15
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

steelfabricatio Posted at 2016-3-15 20:07
Hi GB44 i have struggled on a few questions do you think you could help ?

Post your questions
2016-3-16
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Tony Tronic Posted at 2015-7-12 14:36
For the aircraft balance limitations I was advised in my amendments feedback to write MARKED ON AIRF ...

Tony,

The problem that EuroUSC do not seem to appreciate is that the DJI Inspire is an "Off The Shelf Engineered UAV",  that engineers have designed and built to be balanced for flight.  It is also designed to accommodate interchangeable cameras and payloads, which obviously will alter the centre of gravity.  

Therefore if you mark the aircraft as its centre of gravity with say an X3 camera then swap out for an X5 camera or a new thermal version this all changes the centre of gravity thus making any mark on the aircraft redundant.

If a EuroUSC examiner was to actually check your aircraft at time of flight exam to see if the Centre of Gravity marked on the aircraft was within the tolerances quoted in the Ops Manual, would this prove that the aircraft was balanced for flight ?

In reality, I have never heard of any Flight Examiner checking aircraft for Centre of Gravity.  Would a flight examiner even be insured to pick your aircraft up and undertake engineering tests to prove it is balanced properly for flight, I doubt it.  This will be evident from the test flight during your examination.
2016-3-16
Use props
julianc26
lvl.2
Flight distance : 433891 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All,

Thank you for the amazingly useful information that I've found super helpful. However, in my quest to complete 95% of my Ops Manual this weekend I've got a question which hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. As an FYI I passed my theory last week with EuroUSC and working off their template.

Under the section titled 'Types of Operation' the guidance notes show 3 entries that are not specific to any particular type of work to be undertaken. The work I'm going to do once I've got my PFAW covers 11/12 specific areas. Do I need to list each one in this section and highlight which aircraft I will use for the type of operation to be carried out or is it enough to follow the example the guidance notes?

Many thanks in advance,

Julian
2016-4-9
Use props
lorne
New

United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-3-17 21:45
lethbrp,

Hi Lethbrp,

Don't suppose you still have a copy of what you've submitted for your Inspire that I could take a look at?

Many thanks
2016-8-24
Use props
lorne
New

United Kingdom

lorne@sportarm. Posted at 2016-8-24 15:16
Hi Lethbrp,

Don't suppose you still have a copy of what you've submitted for your Inspire that I ...

my email is lorne@sportarm.com
2016-8-24
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules