Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

deanmcneill Posted at 2016-1-10 21:27
how do i obtain your email address please im having probs with my opps manual

You have to be a accepted as a Friend, then you simply send a personal message from  there.
2016-8-28
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

dopeytree Posted at 2016-1-13 11:04
Specifically I'm interested in:
- Motor speed rpm for dji 3510h motors
- Flight controller / interna ...

Why do you need maximum transmission distance?  You max distance is dictated by the CAA 500m radius.

Flight Controller components  :  DJI - A2 Variant
Flight Control Serial Number : DJI - (None available for Inspire)

Motor speed rpm not required: N/A delete this from your specs page.
Motor/ Engine Size:  Motor model 3510
Motor KV :  350KV

Maximum transmission distance : delete this from your specs not required.
2016-8-28
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Its best if you attempt to complete it yourself first.  Then if any specific questions remain raise these in the forum.  You will find most people on the forum are only willing to help when you have tried but are struggling to complete.

Most questions have been answered though within the forum threads.

Just don't put in information in the spec page of your Ops Manual that is not required.
2016-8-28
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2016-8-28 10:30
Its best if you attempt to complete it yourself first.  Then if any specific questions remain rais ...

Yeah basically the template they handed out had all these older terms from self builds which you just dont need to put on anymore.
2016-8-28
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

dopeytree Posted at 2016-8-28 11:18
Yeah basically the template they handed out had all these older terms from self builds which you j ...

Ok,  Pleased you got it sorted.

It can be frustrating at times.  Even when you have done it previously and simply renewing your commercial license and updating the specs, if going through EuroUSC they are very pedantic and seem to request information that is simply not necessary for CAA approval.
2016-8-28
Use props
hello
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25052 ft

HI, I have just bought the Inspire 1 RAW and completing my ops manual for it too. How did you get on with the missing information?

I am struggling to find info on the following:

What is the flight control system?

what is the flight control serial number?

I believe the gps is a Media Tek but what is the unit serial number please?

What is the inertial measuring unit?

IMU Serial Number
Transmitter Make and Model
Transmitter Serial Number
Receiver Make and Model
Receiver Serial Number
Aircraft Control Frequency and Power
Ground Station Type
Ground Station Make and Model
Ground Station Serial Number
Ground Station Software
Firmware / Software Version
Ground Station Link Make and Model
Ground Station Control Frequency
Telemetry Link Make and Model
Telemetry Link Frequency and Power
Payload Link Make and Model
Payload Link Frequency and Power
Broadcast Frequency Signal Strength - ? GHz @ mW?????

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Jayne
2016-8-29
Use props
hello
lvl.1
United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-3-18 04:45
lethbrp,

If you send me your email I will give you a copy of what I have submitted for the Inspir ...

Hi, I am just reading the threads. I have just bought the Inspire 1 RAW. Could you help me too please? I have emailed DJI and the distributor. Where did you find the info?
Thanks
Jayne
2016-8-29
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hello@flyingsqu Posted at 2016-8-30 08:28
HI, I have just bought the Inspire 1 RAW and completing my ops manual for it too. How did you get on ...

Hello Hello or  is it  Hello Jayne ??

First of all, who have you been doing your training with as they will have a standard Ops Manual template.

Your first attempt at completing the Ops Manual should be to extract as much information for the Aircraft Specs within the DJI manual.

Some Training providers also request info that others don't and this can be frustrating.  Some information is just not required by the CAA and is a waste of everyones time to include it within an Ops Manual.

Prime example is the Centre of Gravity ??  As this will change depending on what camera or lens you chose I simply write in +/- 15mm Fore and Aft of Centre of Gravity.
The Inspire is a professional "Off the Shelf UAV" and not a self build aircraft, so the Centre of gravity is something that simply can't be a precise figure.

Inspire 1 Specs:
Transmitter serial number : will be on the controller unit.  
Transmitter make and model (Controller) : e.g. DJI- model C1- version 1.5.70
Receiver serial number : DJI unit - serial number unknown.
Telemetry Link Frequency and Power DJI – 2.4GHz frequency at 100mW
Ground Station Type :
IMU serial No:  N/A
GPS Unit Serial No : N/A
GPS Unit : DJI
Inertial Measuring Unit : DJI Integrated System

Please have an attempt at completing the rest.  Such as Firmware version :  Only you know what version you are running.

Connect with me as a friend and I can help if you get stuck further.
2016-8-31
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

hello@flyingsqu Posted at 2016-8-30 02:28
HI, I have just bought the Inspire 1 RAW and completing my ops manual for it too. How did you get on ...

Welcome Miss Jayne,

Once you get the answers to these questions sorted, if you need any help with updates, settings , flying tips, let me or the Forum know , we are happy to help you out .

There are hundreds  of great members and about 3 buggers  . So chances are good to get the answers you need.  

Once again welcome,

donnie

East Lansing Michigan - USA
2016-8-31
Use props
justyc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1869469 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey GB44,

thanks for the info. currently filling out my ops manual and your previous posts were a godsend. top job amigo.

best J
2016-9-11
Use props
ryancrawfordweb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 426476 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

im filling out my operations manual at the minute and got to the part about structure
im filling this in as a one person operator and not part of a company.
in the guide theyve supplied it says
Accountable manager

flight safety manager - assistant observer - camera operator - remote pilot

im just wondering what i would put for this section?
2016-9-25
Use props
userae4383f2f0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 285174 ft
United Kingdom

Could anyone send me a completed manual please?  Thanks.  Markhphoto@live.co.uk
2016-10-1
Use props
terryisaak
lvl.1
Germany

GB44 Posted at 2015-3-17 22:45
lethbrp,

If you send me your email I will give you a copy of what I have submitted for the Inspir ...

Any chance you would be willing to send this to me as well?

terryisaak@gmail.com

thx
2016-10-4
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

userae4383f2f0 Posted at 2016-10-2 07:13
Could anyone send me a completed manual please?  Thanks.  Markhphoto@live.co.uk

Who are you doing your Commercial Training with ???

They will give you a template to follow and you will save yourself some time by following the template.

When you start completing the manual, if you are stuck on specific sections of the specifications section, then post a query, but please at least have an attempt to complete the manual yourself first.  
2016-10-5
Use props
giankk
New

United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-3-17 21:45
lethbrp,

hi that will be grateful if you can help my is giankk@me.com thanks lethbrp
2016-10-7
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

giankk Posted at 2016-10-7 13:29
hi that will be grateful if you can help my is  thanks lethbrp

Please just ask what you are specifically stuck with.  Its just frustrating when you undertake all the work yourself at the outset then people just ask to be handed a full manual.

As I have said in the past, every one on the forum are generally very helpful and genuinely want to help others, but please at least attempt to write your own Ops Manual first then if stuck on specific issues then ask and you will more than likely get the answers  and help you seek, as they probably have been addressed already on the forum.  If you have new unanswered questions then this helps everyone learn, but unless you try to do something yourself first you will not appreciate or even learn from the experience.
So please clarify what you need help with specifically and this will help everyone assist you better.
2016-10-8
Use props
ryancrawfordweb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 426476 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

im stuck at the part where I've to put together an assembly and functional checks list?

just wondering what people put there?
2016-10-18
Use props
Flying Squad
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-8-31 13:56
Welcome Miss Jayne,

Once you get the answers to these questions sorted, if you need any help with updates, settings , flying tips, let me or the Forum know , we are happy to help you out .

hey there, thanks for the post - sorry for late reply. Had no alert that someone had responded!!
2016-12-7
Use props
Flying Squad
lvl.1
United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2016-8-31 13:44
Hello Hello or  is it  Hello Jayne ??

First of all, who have you been doing your training with as they will have a standard Ops Manual template.

Hi there, sorry for late response, haven't checked for a few weeks.
Will write down the answers to the questions I finally found in the end.
I trained with EUROUSC :-)
2016-12-7
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Flying Squad Posted at 2016-12-7 16:47
hey there, thanks for the post - sorry for late reply. Had no alert that someone had responded!!

No worries, just look for the Red dot by your avatar , top right of screen . This way you know you have a response.

cheers

donnie
2016-12-8
Use props
Robin UAV
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Guys, your NQE trainers do need a slap...I mean why did they charged you if they can't help you with a simple task: competing your Ops Manual.
I did mine in a day with Commercial Drone Training...and now I'm offering the same service to others...
2016-12-8
Use props
fans372cf322
New

United Kingdom

GB44 Posted at 2015-3-17 12:45
lethbrp,

If you send me your email I will give you a copy of what I have submitted for the Inspire

that will be so great full here is mine giankk@me.com
2017-1-25
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

ryancrawfordweb Posted at 2016-10-18 13:35
Hi

im stuck at the part where I've to put together an assembly and functional checks list?

When preparing your check list you basically start from checking the weather conditions before you leave for the flying site.  Then first thing you do is record the weather at the site e.g. wind strength and temperature both of which can affect flying conditions.  So the first items for me are :
1.  Weather conditions and forecast, chance of rain etc.- Office desk study
2.  Wind strength - on site
3.  Temperature - on site
4.  Fire Equipment - Is fire extinguisher on site and in working order (in service)
5.  Ground Crew Briefing
6.  Clearance with Air Traffic Control
7.  Airframe - Check for signs of damage loose joints etc.
8.  Transmitter - Check all switches are in correct position prior to powering on and GPS mode selected.
9.  Tablet/ iPad - attach iPad and ensure cables connected properly
10.  iPad - enable airplane mode
11.  Flight Batteries - At Start and End of Flights
12.   etc......

Then you start with setting up the aircraft at site.  

Check lists are obviously subjective to each  persons operations and the precise order of the checks, but the above will give you a starter.  Remember one very important check to calibrate the GPS .....

Good luck
2017-1-25
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.3
Flight distance : 288353 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-8-31 05:56
Welcome Miss Jayne,

Only 3? Lol!
2017-1-30
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

LOL, maybe a few more than that.......

donnie
2017-1-30
Use props
Lisa.
New

United Kingdom

Hi,
Im a total newbie and was wondering if there is a pdf or perhaps JPG of an Operations Manual (don't worry, not filled in)- just to get an idea of the kind of scope of capability that you need to even start progressing with a course?

2017-2-22
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Lisa. Posted at 2017-2-22 12:57
Hi,
Im a total newbie and was wondering if there is a pdf or perhaps JPG of an Operations Manual (don't worry, not filled in)- just to get an idea of the kind of scope of capability that you need to even start progressing with a course?

Miss Lisa, If you are just starting out I would suggest getting a Phantom 3 Pro  or advanced.  The is way you can get used to the DJI operaating  system and then as you ability increases upgrade.  If you go to the downloads page of each aircraft you will see the operations manual in PDF form .  
For example my link will take you to  the Phantom 3 pro downoads page, on the far right you will see the Manuals in PDF form .  You can do this on each model to get a better understanding of each system .

http://www.dji.com/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads

Hiope this helps
donnie
2017-2-22
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.3
Flight distance : 288353 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lisa. Posted at 2017-2-22 12:57
Hi,

You could google CAA operation manual template which gives you an overview.  But you will also need to get into a CAA approved training course, sit the theory exam and a practical test.  All doable but you do need to commit if you want to go pro.
2017-2-23
Use props
Lisa.
New

United Kingdom

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-22 14:20
Miss Lisa, If you are just starting out I would suggest getting a Phantom 3 Pro  or advanced.  The is way you can get used to the DJI operaating  system and then as you ability increases upgrade.  If you go to the downloads page of each aircraft you will see the operations manual in PDF form .  
For example my link will take you to  the Phantom 3 pro downoads page, on the far right you will see the Manuals in PDF form .  You can do this on each model to get a better understanding of each system .

Hi Donnie,

That's great, and being such a newbie - I may have phrased my question incorrectly - I was interested to see an Operations Manual Template (for the courses) - just to get an idea of the ?complexity? - or not (I hope)
2017-2-23
Use props
Lisa.
New

United Kingdom

Upthedowns Posted at 2017-2-23 05:39
You could google CAA operation manual template which gives you an overview.  But you will also need to get into a CAA approved training course, sit the theory exam and a practical test.  All doable but you do need to commit if you want to go pro.

Thanks - I did do a search and the result was a pretty complex looking document - so I was hoping I might have stumbled over the wrong thing.
2017-2-23
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Lisa. Posted at 2017-2-23 11:06
Thanks - I did do a search and the result was a pretty complex looking document - so I was hoping I might have stumbled over the wrong thing.

Lisa, it is not that hard , nutlike I say , start with the entry level ( or slightly higher ) DJI products and move up from there, the operating systems are about the same on most models.

cheers for an unseasonably warm Michigan...... USA !   LOL ( and we are not all crazy here )

donnie
2017-2-24
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

Lisa. Posted at 2017-2-23 11:04
Hi Donnie,

That's great, and being such a newbie - I may have phrased my question incorrectly - I was interested to see an Operations Manual Template (for the courses) - just to get an idea of the ?complexity? - or not (I hope)

Are you worried about putting together an Ops manual or worried you may find the training course too difficult? Either way I don't think there's anything for you to worry about.

I did my training with http://www.flyby-technology.com/ I was sent a Student Manual as soon as I signed up to do the course which gave me an opportunity to study what is required. The Ops manual was made easy to prepare with their guidance too, see this link http://www.flyby-technology.com/ ... d-operations-manual
2017-2-24
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2017-2-24 09:07
Are you worried about putting together an Ops manual or worried you may find the training course too difficult? Either way I don't think there's anything for you to worry about.

I did my training with http://www.flyby-technology.com/ I was sent a Student Manual as soon as I signed up to do the course which gave me an opportunity to study what is required. The Ops manual was made easy to prepare with their guidance too, see this link http://www.flyby-technology.com/blog/the-dreaded-operations-manual

Thanks for the link DWL, I may have to book with them soon, their course looks great. When did you do the course?

Mark G.
2017-2-26
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-2-26 08:05
Thanks for the link DWL, I may have to book with them soon, their course looks great. When did you do the course?

Mark G.

Did ground school in September last year then flight test in November.
2017-2-26
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2017-2-26 10:16
Did ground school in September last year then flight test in November.

Have you been getting much work? What area are you focusing on video/pics?
2017-2-26
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-2-26 11:22
Have you been getting much work? What area are you focusing on video/pics?

Got my permission end of December, not done much chasing for work yet but I've quoted for 6 jobs from 4 clients. I've only done photography so far, need to work out how to produce decent video as 3 of those jobs are video.
2017-2-26
Use props
luchtvideos
lvl.1
Netherlands

lethbrp Posted at 2015-4-21 07:10
let me know your email address and I'll send you the tech section.

I see you can help with the tech section of the operations manual, I would really be helped if you could send this to info [at] luchtvideos.nl thanks a million!
2017-5-4
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Guys n galls please be aware, that YOUR ops manual, is something you will be tested on too,  so if you write it yourselves its 100 times easier to remember whats in it,  and where in the manual its located,  nothing looks more amatuerish than a pilot thumbing crazily around a manual,  any good tester from that point on will keep a mental note to watch you like a hawk,  because its more  likely that you will not be complying with it, during your test.
2017-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules