Phantom Pro or ????
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd2da7659
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wanting to get a drone is something I have been sitting on the fence. DJI keeps coming out with so many models I don't know which one to buy now! I was hooked on getting a Phantom 4 Pro kit from Amazon. Then I saw the Mavic. Priced right and seemed to have all the features the Phantom Pro does. Has anyone ever done a comparison between the Phantom Pro and the Mavic? Knowing the Mavic is a newer model, I would imagine newer tech and more features. I know the Phantom firmware is probably pretty stable, but I'd like some cool features too. Like maybe follow me, hover, avoidance, come back home, and a decent controller. So what do the experts think here? Is the Mavic a marvel or is the Phantom Pro still a killer drone with all the features I need? Hey, thanks for reading!

Mike

2017-6-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Mavic is a little older than the P4 pro.
Both are excellent machines, packed with impressive technology and both can produce very good results.
The advantage of the P4 pro is the camera which is substantially bigger/better than the Mavic's
The advantage of the Mavic is compact portability.

You can see a lot of info and specs to make your comparison here:
http://www.dji.com/mavic
http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro
2017-6-28
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I have both. Mavic is great for travel, and is quite a bit quieter. Phantom is a bigger machine though, and is definitely faster and more capable in the wind, and of course a higher quality camera. If size is no issue go for the Phantom, if portability is a priority, choose the Mavic. I don't think the tech is too dissimilar, unless you want to use the goggles I think, which the Mavic is most suited to.
2017-6-28
Use props
fansd2da7659
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yea, I think I'll go for the Phantom. I don't care about how large it is.
Thanks
2017-7-4
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

My P4A should be here tomorrow.  Same here the size won't bother me as long as the quality is there.
2017-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules