Brand New p4p Gimbal screeching?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
garyphayes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27840676 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Finally got a new p4p after a warranty claim. Took 21 days from warranty claim to having this one back. Thought everything was great...So about an hour ago I opened the sealed box. Took all stickers and packing off ESPECIALLY the gimbal clamp AND gimbal packing block. Had a fully charged battery put it in - started up. Noticed a small screech sound when gimbal moved - not heard before. Connected RC and phone, did FW update to 0602 without issues. Performed an IMU and compass - all good, apart from RC which I believe needed updating too? But that was not the big concern - I tried a Gimbal calibration and this! Is this fixable or am I now to wait another month until I try another box?!?!

2017-6-28
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Still no solution Cannot downgrade the firmware on mobile or assistant 2 (as in one suggestion)...
2017-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm so sorry for the unpleasant experience, would you please PM me your DJI account? And keep me posted on thread once you send.
2017-6-28
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Mindy  just sent PM
2017-6-29
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Attempting update 01.04.0608 (which has just appeared literally in the last few minutes) to see if that has any effect... ?
2017-6-29
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Well - that update seems to have improved things - still testing...
2017-6-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

garyphayes Posted at 2017-6-29 00:36
Well - that update seems to have improved things - still testing...

OK, keep me posted if there is further problem.
2017-6-29
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Just checked my Care Refresh  for the previous p4p and it seems inactive - won't accept serial or agreement number - given the new one was on warranty how to I now reactivate with the new serial and gimbal... assuming some more checks I do tomorrow are all good?

Details of old one
Name GARY P HAYES
Agreement No.:GXB1IKYFN9LHTEJM
Aircraft Type Phantom4 Pro
Aircraft S/N 0AXDDB70A20498
Gimbal S/N 0BCDDAR00100YT
Times 2
Period of Validity 12 Months
Inquiry https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage
2017-6-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

garyphayes Posted at 2017-6-29 03:24
Just checked my Care Refresh  for the previous p4p and it seems inactive - won't accept serial or agreement number - given the new one was on warranty how to I now reactivate with the new serial and gimbal... assuming some more checks I do tomorrow are all good?

Details of old one

I've checked the status that the DJI Care Refresh is still associated with the old drone, please send email to  djicare@dji.com with the old and new serial number and the case number as well, they will assist.
2017-6-29
Use props
garyphayes
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

Have done. Many thanks
2017-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now