Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 users be alert!!! Don't buy DJI goggles!!!
12Next >
3385 53 2017-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0731dc4d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314888 ft
Australia

First of all, according to the manual of DJI Goggles - FPV Headset with Head Tracking, the manual said the Head Tracking function will support to Phantom 4 series drone, but after I test it with other users, it actually not work. All the goggle have this firmware issues.

Secondly, I contact with the DJI support service, they said they are not sure how to fix it yet, and they don't know when their developers can fix it.

Then, the support service show us two more version manuals said it don't have this function and try to avoid the responsibility. Although the new version manual said it support Phantom 4 Pro with head tracking function, but after we and the users in the internet test it, it still not work with Phantom 4 Pro.

In conclusion, the DJI Goggles - FPV Headset with Head Tracking doesn't match with the function in  the manual description, the main head tracking function still not support with their drone - Phantom 4 and Phantom 4 Pro.

I report it to Department of Commerce Western Australia, They started investigation  CC4918567, good luck DJI!
dji chat history.jpg
2017-6-28
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

They updated the manual shortly after release to exclude alot of the functionality for the P4. Maybe it will be enabled later on?
2017-6-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

More poor communication.  Why hasn't the chat room staff been hired where English is a first language.
After all it's the number one language of sharing conversation with others from lands far away.

RedHotPoker
2017-6-28
Use props
fans0731dc4d
lvl.2
Australia

dancopter Posted at 2017-6-28 22:33
They updated the manual shortly after release to exclude alot of the functionality for the P4. Maybe it will be enabled later on?

Law is Law, their mistake still break the law
2017-6-28
Use props
bigal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 65771 ft
United Kingdom

my next DJI purchase was to be Goggles for my Phanton 4 but after reading this thread I will be giving it a miss.
2017-6-29
Use props
PrWanderson San
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80997 ft
United States

Hi Fans0731!
You had the same experience with customer service as me! I was looking at your trascript conversation it's very similar to my!
I also got so upset about this issue DJI it's try to running from! I show them the copy of the manual and ask for some explanation and they said: " we can't explain" and also told me the head tracking works only on mavic and they have no plan to make to work on phantom4!
I bought the goggles to use with my phantom because of thoses options and now I can't use!!!
2017-6-29
Use props
fans0731dc4d
lvl.2
Australia

PrWanderson San Posted at 2017-6-29 05:00
Hi Fans0731!
You had the same experience with customer service as me! I was looking at your trascript conversation it's very similar to my!
I also got so upset about this issue DJI it's try to running from! I show them the copy of the manual and ask for some explanation and they said: " we can't explain" and also told me the head tracking works only on mavic and they have no plan to make to work on phantom4!

I reported to Department of Commerce (Australia), if you are living in United State, I strongly recommend you report to United States Department of Commerce, they will help you to solve it and start the investigation about this issue.

According to my complaint to Government of Western Australia Department of Commerce, they reply me and said "We aim to complete this review and acknowledge receipt of your complaint within four (4) days and to commence an investigation or conciliation within 10 days."

That's mean, DJI developers need to solve it fast, or else it will quite hard to let they allow this product come in to Australia Customs, I know they will start to ship many goggles to the buyers on 18/7, they don't have much time left.

https://cloudstor.aarnet.edu.au/plus/index.php/s/RcL9W0aolshYZgv

2017-6-29
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans0731dc4d Posted at 2017-6-29 05:17
I reported to Department of Commerce (Australia), if you are living in United State, I strongly recommend you report to United States Department of Commerce, they will help you to solve it and start the investigation about this issue.

According to my complaint to Government of Western Australia Department of Commerce, they reply me and said "We aim to complete this review and acknowledge receipt of your complaint within four (4) days and to commence an investigation or conciliation within 10 days."

This will only affect those who ordered Goggles for use with the P4 prior to them changing the manual on day of release.

Look forward to hearing what kind of response you get from Australian Dept' of Commerce. They will likely just instruct you to ask DJI for a refund if not satisfied.
2017-6-29
Use props
fans0731dc4d
lvl.2
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-29 05:58
This will only affect those who ordered Goggles for use with the P4 prior to them changing the manual on day of release.

Look forward to hearing what kind of response you get from Australian Dept' of Commerce. They will likely just instruct you to ask DJI for a refund if not satisfied.

Yes, but if they break the law, the government will send a fine to them, if the description not match with the products, the fine is really high, the highest fine for business in similar case happened before in Western Australia is 1.1 million AUD
2017-6-29
Use props
fans366c95b4
lvl.2

China

the good news is  the phantom 4 advanced had start to cut price  https://dji-discount.com/534.html
2017-6-29
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans366c95b4 Posted at 2017-6-29 06:49
the good news is  the phantom 4 advanced had start to cut price  https://dji-discount.com/534.html

The bad news is that it's China only, is that an official DJI retailer site ?
2017-6-29
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

The funny thing is that head tracking use to work on the p4 with other goggles and I believe it works with litchi. DJI promised us an update with head tracking and new features like terrain follow and a few others. As soon as they released the goggles all those promises were tossed out the window. It was all about pre sales and we bought it, hook line and sinker. Now it is complete radio silence on the promised update. They purposely let us believe that the goggles were supported on the p4 with head tracking. Just before the goggles came out they shut the head tracking down on the p4 and they tried to make it where you could only use dji goggles. Its not that head tracking or the new features wont work with the p4. They work fine with litchi so its not a software conflict. Its a sales conflict. They want you to buy a new DJI product. The PROMISED update is never coming and it never was. It was a complete scam on dji's part, plain and simple. The company has no integrity, just greed. Its all about the money.
2017-6-29
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861490 ft

United Kingdom

Duchunter Posted at 2017-6-29 08:25
The funny thing is that head tracking use to work on the p4 with other goggles and I believe it works with litchi. DJI promised us an update with head tracking and new features like terrain follow and a few others. As soon as they released the goggles all those promises were tossed out the window. It was all about pre sales and we bought it, hook line and sinker. Now it is complete radio silence on the promised update. They purposely let us believe that the goggles were supported on the p4 with head tracking. Just before the goggles came out they shut the head tracking down on the p4 and they tried to make it where you could only use dji goggles. Its not that head tracking or the new features wont work with the p4. They work fine with litchi so its not a software conflict. Its a sales conflict. They want you to buy a new DJI product. The PROMISED update is never coming and it never was. It was a complete scam on dji's part, plain and simple. The company has no integrity, just greed. Its all about the money.

Spot on pal
2017-6-29
Use props
PrWanderson San
lvl.2
United States

I Agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2017-6-29
Use props
PrWanderson San
lvl.2
United States

I Agree!!!!!!!!!
2017-6-29
Use props
fans0731dc4d
lvl.2
Australia

I agree!!!!!!
2017-6-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fans0731dc4d Posted at 2017-6-29 05:17

The 'Department of Commerce' will not get far, as DJI is a Chinese company and has no official presence in Australia. Australian law has no clout in China. And they cannot prohibit the import of an item as you suggest, that is fanciful rubbish.
2017-6-29
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-29 18:37
The 'Department of Commerce' will not get far, as DJI is a Chinese company and has no official presence in Australia. Australian law has no clout in China. And they cannot prohibit the import of an item as you suggest, that is fanciful rubbish.

2017-6-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Duchunter Posted at 2017-6-29 18:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt6rRNANSgI

Meh, I have outlasted dozens of punks like you. Do your worst.
2017-6-29
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-29 19:02
Meh, I have outlasted dozens of punks like you. Do your worst.

Really man, you that thick skinned? You can dish it out but you cant take it? Wow. I mean you argue with EVERYTHING. Evey comment ive ever seen you make is to contradict whatever someone is talking about,. By all definitions thats a troll. Im sorry but sometimes the truth hurts but your a troll.
2017-6-29
Use props
fans0731dc4d
lvl.2
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-29 18:37

The consumer law also cover the internet, don't forget they have online store for AU. Secondly, Australia East Coast have many retail sellers too, that include JB hi-fi and apple stores
2017-6-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fans0731dc4d Posted at 2017-6-29 19:30
The consumer law also cover the internet, don't forget they have online store for AU. Secondly, Australia East Coast have many retail sellers too, that include JB hi-fi and apple stores

This has been discussed before. Having resellers or distributors here has no bearing on the issue. DJI is a Chinese company, they are not registered in Australia, and therefore are not subject to Australian laws. The WA Department of Commerce will not do anything, they will suggest you try to obtain a refund from the place who sold you the goods in the first place.

If you want to know more, then read this: http://www.monash.edu/law/news-a ... -internet-purchases

Your best course of action, if you bought the goods from an Australian distributor, is to ask them for a refund, but if you bought it on the Internet from DJI direct, then you are screwed.
2017-6-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Duchunter Posted at 2017-6-29 19:28
Really man, you that thick skinned? You can dish it out but you cant take it? Wow. I mean you argue with EVERYTHING. Evey comment ive ever seen you make is to contradict whatever someone is talking about,. By all definitions thats a troll. Im sorry but sometimes the truth hurts but your a troll.

'Really man, you that thick skinned? You can dish it out but you cant take it? '

Yes, I am thick-skinned, and I certainly can take it, so dish it out all you like. I guarantee it will have no effect. And the reason you don't see any positive responses from me is because you are only looking at the posts where I refute your ridiculous claims.
2017-6-29
Use props
fans0731dc4d
lvl.2
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-29 19:38
This has been discussed before. Having resellers or distributors here has no bearing on the issue. DJI is a Chinese company, they are not registered in Australia, and therefore are not subject to Australian laws. The WA Department of Commerce will not do anything, they will suggest you try to obtain a refund from the place who sold you the goods in the first place.

If you want to know more, then read this: http://www.monash.edu/law/news-and-events/news/expert-legal-commentary-application-of-australian-consumer-law-to-overseas-internet-purchases

No, worry. I was purchased from JB hi-fi in Perth Store, and Department of Commerce called me 1 hr ago, they told me they will communicate with JB hi-fi. JB hi-fi must take the responsibility to stop selling misleading goods. They will contact Apple Store later.
2017-6-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fans0731dc4d Posted at 2017-6-29 20:01
No, worry. I was purchased from JB hi-fi in Perth Store, and Department of Commerce called me 1 hr ago, they told me they will communicate with JB hi-fi. JB hi-fi must take the responsibility to stop selling misleading goods. They will contact Apple Store later.

Best of luck with that, I am sure JB will do the right thing.
2017-6-29
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans0731dc4d Posted at 2017-6-29 20:01

Both, or course, are store chains. If they are proactive, JB HiFi Perth should advise Head Office which should then alert other stores. That's around 214 stores across Aust/NZ. They'll do one of two things - withdraw the Goggles from further sale, or ensure customers are aware of it's limitations with the advertised DJI models. My bet is the former, as the latter can't be guaranteed with staff.
2017-6-29
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-29 19:40
'Really man, you that thick skinned? You can dish it out but you cant take it? '

Yes, I am thick-skinned, and I certainly can take it, so dish it out all you like. I guarantee it will have no effect. And the reason you don't see any positive responses from me is because you are only looking at the posts where I refute your ridiculous claims.

Really, ROTFLMAO! Thats a good one they're Aussie Trump. So your not arguing with the OP'er? It really kinda looks like you are. I know "Alternative Facts" are in vogue right now but the real facts are well documented righr here. All you gotta do is look.
2017-6-29
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-29 20:19
Both, or course, are store chains. If they are proactive, JB HiFi Perth should advise Head Office which should then alert other stores. That's around 214 stores across Aust/NZ. They'll do one of two things - withdraw the Goggles from further sale, or ensure customers are aware of it's limitations with the advertised DJI models. My bet is the former, as the latter can't be guaranteed with staff.

Most likely nothing will happen, as this only affects a handful who purchased based on incorrect information, which was up until the manual was amended (was it 20th May ?).
I doubt anybody buying since then would have any come back, those very few affected would be entitled to a full refund I would think.

The likelihood is that most are buying the goggles for the FPV experience and not specifically the head tracking etc. Although these additional functions would be nice to have if they work as advertised.
2017-6-29
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-29 21:43
Most likely nothing will happen, as this only affects a handful who purchased based on incorrect information, which was up until the manual was amended (was it 20th May ?).
I doubt anybody buying since then would have any come back, those very few affected would be entitled to a full refund I would think.

A, I agree that that's the most likely outcome. But should the dealer choose to act for the sake of not having p&ssed off customers, they won't be concerned with the timing of the manuals and its purchase - too hard. They're more likely to simply make a blanket call. I'd be interested to hear what the outcome is, either way.
2017-6-29
Use props
fans0731dc4d
lvl.2
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-29 21:43

To be honest, if the returned old goggles sell with the new version at the same time, it is very hard to know that which version of manual in the box. So JB hi fi is not stupid, they don't want any trouble in the future.
2017-6-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for this,  the head tracking is not available for Phantom 4 now, but it is available for Phantom 4 pro, you can see a functional support list at page 14 in th manual , here is a screenshot for your reference. Please visit: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf . If you can not use the head tracking with Phantom 4 pro , please provide more details, the firmware version of the drone, the firmware version of the controller , how did you connect the googles to the RC? We'd like to find out what happened, and will do our best to get it sorted out. We understand that you all want the goggles more functional with the different aircraft model, so do we. We've transfferred your requests to our engineers, we'd like to develop more functions on it if it is possible. Appreciate your understanding. 438AFC14-08E4-9AF4-F6C3-E6906A23BA50.png
2017-6-29
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-6-29 22:52
Sorry for this,  the head tracking is not available for Phantom 4 now, but it is available for Phantom 4 pro, you can see a functional support list at page 14 in th manual , here is a screenshot for your reference. Please visit: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf . If you can not use the head tracking with Phantom 4 pro , please provide more details, the firmware version of the drone, the firmware version of the controller , how did you connect the googles to the RC? We'd like to find out what happened, and will do our best to get it sorted out. We understand that you all want the goggles more functional with the different aircraft model, so do we. We've transfferred your requests to our engineers, we'd like to develop more functions on it if it is possible. Appreciate your understanding. [view_image]

Sorry Diana, but I have no understanding about the false advertisement that was made with this product. Nor have I an understanding with the P4 being forgotten firmware wise and with DJI Goggles compatibility wise.

Outright lying to customers can Never be accepted nor understandable. A good business relationship is built on trust. When you fail that as a company, the consumers will leave.

I've spent a lot of money in both DJI consumer drones, and Pro drones and Pro equipment. I'm now sitting with 2 inspires 1's that DJI have forgotten, with expensive X5, X5R, XT, that is also forgotten by DJI support- and firmware wise. My P4 ain't old, and it's forgotten. I used it also in betas, but we beta users are not even getting an upgraded firmware for it.

I don't think there is an understanding from any side. We customers don't understand how DJI can treat us this bad, and DJI don't understand what they are doing, how they hurt customers, businesses, and also their own company. Please take that upwards in your organisation. Appreciate your understanding.
2017-6-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry for this,  the head tracking is not available for Phantom 4 now, but it is available for Phantom 4 pro, you can see a functional support list at page 14 in th manual , here is a screenshot for your reference. Please visit: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf . If you can not use the head tracking with Phantom 4 pro , please provide more details, the firmware version of the drone, the firmware version of the controller , how did you connect the googles to the RC? We'd like to find out what happened, and will do our best to get it sorted out. We understand that you all want the goggles more functional with the different aircraft model, so do we. We've transfferred your requests to our engineers, we'd like to develop more functions on it if it is possible. Appreciate your understanding. [view_image]

The functional support list is still not accurate with regard to the P4, as far as I'm aware it does not support "Terrain Follow", this should be removed from the list.

Terrain Follow and Tripod Mode briefly appeared as functions within GJI Go 4 (V4.0.5 on the P4 (albeit they didn't work (waiting firmware update ?)) and disappeared as quickly in thje next release.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=87357
2017-6-30
Use props
fans0731dc4d
lvl.2
Australia

I don't understand why your staff told me the developers will add this function in the next Phantom 4 firmware update. Everybody let's have a look of this screenshot from one of the developer. Which information is correct? Who is telling lies? What a dirty business......

Screenshot link:
https://cloudstor.aarnet.edu.au/plus/index.php/s/wckaKO3qOYUyteb
2017-6-30
Use props
fans0731dc4d
lvl.2
Australia

Rob W Posted at 2017-6-30 00:23
Sorry Diana, but I have no understanding about the false advertisement that was made with this product. Nor have I an understanding with the P4 being forgotten firmware wise and with DJI Goggles compatibility wise.

Outright lying to customers can Never be accepted nor understandable. A good business relationship is build on trust. When you fail that as a company, the consumers will leave.

I think we better to sell everything and go for Yuneec
2017-6-30
Use props
fans0731dc4d
lvl.2
Australia

I don't understand why your staff told me the developers will add this function in the next Phantom 4 firmware update. Everybody let's have a look of this screenshot from one of the developer. Which information is correct? Who is telling lies? What a dirty business......

Sorry about upload the wrong link, this is the correct link.
Screenshot link:
https://cloudstor.aarnet.edu.au/plus/index.php/s/wA8gSrHliyUM9Ht

2017-6-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans0731dc4d Posted at 2017-6-30 01:57

The Phantom 4 currently is waiting for its next firmware update, the expectation is that all items will be available after that. (P4A and P4P recently had updates)

The alternative suggested by some seems to be along the lines of "and pigs might fly" (Or words to that effect).....Time alone will tell, who knows we will be either pleasantly surprised, or disappointed.
2017-6-30
Use props
fans0731dc4d
lvl.2
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-29 19:38

If you want to know more, then read this: http://www.monash.edu/law/news-and-events/news/expert-legal-commentary-application-of-australian-consumer-law-to-overseas-internet-purchases

Haha, the support service told me DJI is a registered brand in Australia.
I asked him"Are you sure DJI is a registered brand/company in Australia?"
He replied me "Yes. I'm sure for that."
2017-6-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fans0731dc4d Posted at 2017-6-30 05:46
Haha, the support service told me DJI is a registered brand in Australia.
I asked him"Are you sure DJI is a registered brand/company in Australia?"
He replied me "Yes. I'm sure for that."

Sigh, I guess you did not bother to actually read that document I linked to. A registered name or brand means nothing unless the company has an actual presence here. And it does not have to be even registered by the actual Chinese company.
2017-6-30
Use props
fans0731dc4d
lvl.2
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-30 15:10
Sigh, I guess you did not bother to actually read that document I linked to. A registered name or brand means nothing unless the company has an actual presence here. And it does not have to be even registered by the actual Chinese company.

First of all, According to your link, "None of these circumstances apply to the hypothetical case, unless it can be said that the US company is carrying on business in Australia." These are the information come fron the Department of commerce & DJI support service.
1) They do have business warehoused in Australia east coast, The DJI warehouse in east coast provide parts supply, repair service and exchange service and they hire staffs to running this business, so they are carrying on business in Australia.
2) Your document is talking about the business on the internet and the only way to purchase item from them is "online purchase", so it is not same with DJI, because DJI have provide service in Australia.
Finally if you don't agree with that, you can inquire DJI support service.
2017-6-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules