Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI spark shipped but tracking number not in FedEx
2519 9 2017-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5490928c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6260 ft
United Kingdom

Hello,

Today I received an email with "Your order, number xxx, has shipped. Check on delivery status using the FEDEX tracking code xxx"

I click on the tracking number and unfortunately I get "The tracking number cannot be found". I chatted with a DJI representative and he told me that it's a problem on FedEx side. I call FedEx and they tell me that they do not have any problems at the moment and that the tracking number provided does not exists in their system. From FedEx they even searched by name/address.

So DJI blames FedEx, FedEx blames DJI and in the meantime nobody can tell me where my package is. How do we sort this issue?

Would much appreciate some collaboration here.
Regards
2017-6-29
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know from past experience that it'll take a day or 2 before the tracking# gets updated.  I think that it has something to do with Customs
2017-6-29
Use props
fans5490928c
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks @Tviscomi for your reply. Although it is a bit strange. I ordered a DJI spark combo + a further battery. Apparently the order was split into two packages, one for the battery and one for the drone itself. So I received two emails with two different FedEx tracking numbers (one for each). I can track the battery, but cannot track the drone. Called FedEx but they told me that there is no further package on my name (apart from the battery which they can track as well). So I am in a bit of limbo ... :S

Hopefully the situation gets clearer soon.
Thanks
2017-6-29
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My spark shipped and DJI indicated shipping by DHL, it arrived by DPD only my Mavic arrived by DHL direct from China, all my subsequent purchases direct from DJI have been delivered by DPD, on the date they advised me, DJI use Diamond Distribution in the UK for shipping logistics. Get DPD’s app and add your details to the app it may then update with tracking details.
2017-6-29
Use props
42green
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3323 ft
United States

Consider yourself lucky to have a tracking number at least.
2017-6-29
Use props
wricks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39783 ft
United States

I'll bet the Spark and the battery shipped from different facilities.  The battery has most likely, already been scanned at the FedEx hub while the Spark has had a label created but hasn't reached the hub.  I know that when our UPS driver picks up, he doesn't scan as he loads.  They scan as the truck is unloaded at the hub.  Might be the same with FedEx Ground.
2017-6-29
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

I know that after I received notice that my Spark shipped, it took a day or two before it showed up in the FedEx tracking system.  The label may have been created at DJI however it may not have been picked up by Fedex yet in order to get into their system.
2017-6-29
Use props
fans5490928c
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you all for the info. Very helpful and makes me feel better at same time.

Thanks!
2017-6-29
Use props
fans5490928c
lvl.1
United Kingdom

wricks Posted at 2017-6-29 03:40
I'll bet the Spark and the battery shipped from different facilities.  The battery has most likely, already been scanned at the FedEx hub while the Spark has had a label created but hasn't reached the hub.  I know that when our UPS driver picks up, he doesn't scan as he loads.  They scan as the truck is unloaded at the hub.  Might be the same with FedEx Ground.

You were totally right. Basically battery is shipped from US and drone from China. That's why different tracking numbers. I can now see the package info for the drone on the FedEx website. Everything seem sorted.

Thanks
2017-6-29
Use props
fans6ec5272b
New
Australia

When did you order the drone?
2017-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules