Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Traveling with a Mavic
808 6 2017-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paul8821
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi all

I am new to the forum and new to Drones. I have a Mavic Pro.

I am doing a trip t New Zealand later in the year and was wondering if there are any issues traveling (Lay over) in China also any issues flying in New Zealand?

Cheers

Paul
2017-6-29
Use props
fans8d13fcf7
lvl.1
United States

I've taken mine to Argentina and had no issues going through airport security. My brother in law just took my drone to New Zealand and had no issues as well. Just make sure to check local regulations (specifically airport and city) to make sure you are not breaking local laws.
2017-6-29
Use props
paul8821
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks,
But what i am more worried about is, my flight has an 8 hour stop ver in China, and was wondering if they will give any issues?  I don't intend to fly it there just passing through. And what if I wanted to leave the airport for a few hours?

Cheers
2017-6-29
Use props
fans21a388ad
New
Flight distance : 675036 ft
Thailand

paul8821 Posted at 2017-6-29 06:59
Thanks,
But what i am more worried about is, my flight has an 8 hour stop ver in China, and was wondering if they will give any issues?  I don't intend to fly it there just passing through. And what if I wanted to leave the airport for a few hours?

I don't think you have any problems in China. The Mavic is made in China and they know their own products.
I bought my Mavic Pro in Shenzhen at the Mavic Show room. The sales lady put the Mavic with batteries in  the handbag and told me this is your carry on luggage. I had no problem at security check.

And if you only in transit, you should have no worries at all
2017-6-29
Use props
Pitando
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68284 ft
Sweden

My recomendation, because last weekend the security was giving me problems at the aeroport because of the batteries, buy some batteries bags and also the lids to the batteries.

2017-6-29
Use props
Pitando
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68284 ft
Sweden

Keep with you the mavic invoice and if you can, print the country law for drones.
Always mention at the aeroprot ssecurity check that you have a drone in the bag and put it out as you do with your laptop
2017-6-29
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

I fly out of the country all the time, and have only been asked to take the bag (FlyMore bundle) containing the Mavic and controller out of my rollaboard once.  I do discharge the batteries, and place them in separate Lipo safety bags.... also kept in the rollaboard.  When I explained what it was, they said not to bother unpacking it -- just wanted it, and my computer on the belt separately as I travel with A LOT of chargers, batteries, cords, phones, iPads, etc.
2017-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules