Should the Mavic be able to fly with gimbal at 30 deg up?
1760 11 2017-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

I could have sworn that this was working before...  Now if I tilt the gimbal up to 30 degrees (enabled in Advanced Settings), it works fine for video or photos UNTIL I fly forward.  The gimbal then immediately jumps back to 0 degrees (straight forward) position.  Anybody else seeing this?
2017-6-29
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Are you sure it's changing the gimbal?  When you fly forward, the drone necessarily lowers the front and raises the back in such a way that it will seem like it is level again.  The faster you go, the lower it will point because it is mechanically all the way up and can't adjust.  Fly slowly, and it should be at a higher angle.
2017-6-29
Use props
Alperdronie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89649 ft
United States

Tried it today, as soon as you go forward it goes down. Don't know why? I was able to go up with 30 degree tilt.
2017-6-29
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'm on 0.400 firmware and it has always dropped back down if you fly fwd really fast. Could be a gimbal safety overload prevention and it resets if the thresholds are exceeded.
I find If you go slow fwd its fine.
If i want speed, i fly backwards. This also prevents props appearing in the vid.
Haven't done it a while, but It's an awesome effect under canopy of trees with the sun light protruding through the foliage.
2017-6-29
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-6-29 10:36
Are you sure it's changing the gimbal?  When you fly forward, the drone necessarily lowers the front and raises the back in such a way that it will seem like it is level again.  The faster you go, the lower it will point because it is mechanically all the way up and can't adjust.  Fly slowly, and it should be at a higher angle.

Yes, it is a definite quick shift to centered.... much like the programmable buttons, but obviously coming from extreme up to center.
2017-6-29
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i checked it out today on my mavic and it does the same - tilt up extra 30 degrees and when i move forward it flips back to horizon.
2017-7-6
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-7-6 11:48
i checked it out today on my mavic and it does the same - tilt up extra 30 degrees and when i move forward it flips back to horizon.

Thanks for checking this.   I guess I must have imagined it would stay tilted up when flying forward!
2017-7-7
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Today i checked and my mavik (FW .0900) flyes with 30 degree up camera strayth forward, i tilt gimble mid flight if that matters.
2017-7-7
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
South Africa

Agnon seems about correct - i checked it again today - when i fly slowly forward up to 10km/h the gimbal remains tilted - past 10km/h the horizon drops a bit.
2017-7-8
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
South Africa

But if i go fast immediately with tilt on then it snaps to horizon.
2017-7-8
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks to all for checking this out.  Glad to know it is operating as designed!
2017-8-10
Use props
MORDA7583
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

I have the same problem, woking fine at the beggining and now when I go fast the gimabll down alone ! any suggestion ?
2018-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules