Use cases of multi-drone owners
1351 5 2015-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingDog
lvl.2

Taiwan

For people that own multiple Phantoms, or drones, I am interested to know how you manage or use your drones.  There must be interesting use cases for our reference.  Mind to share?

2015-3-17
Use props
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

Mostly FUN!  We've got 4 quadcopters in my family.  5 plus 1 helicopter if my brother comes out with us.  We simply have fun flying.  We've come up with silly games to play like pick up the paper cup with the paperclip and see how many we can move in 1 minute.  Things like that.

Aside from that I've helped my friends inspect their solar panels.  Inspected a few rooftops.  Taken some really pretty pictures/video.
2015-3-17
Use props
lakecreekranch
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61860 ft
  • >>>
United States

We have a Phantom 1, a Phantom 2, a Phantom 2-V2 and an Inspire 1...  We originally got the Phantom 1 to learn to fly Quads as we had ordered the Inspire 1 and knew it would be a couple of months before we would receive it...  Then we got the Phantom 2 as it had a more stable gimbal for the GoPro...  However we made the mistake of getting the Phantom 2 used and it had some internal problems that could not be resolved by the DJI dealer so we got the Phantom 2-V2...  In the process, we figured out what was causing the problem with the Phantom 2 so now we have 3 flyable Phantoms...  We received our Inspire from DJI on February 13th (Friday the 13th) and haven't flown it yet due to various issues being reported on the Forum related to the latest "17" firmware upgrade...  We purchased the dual RCs so that my wife could control the camera while I fly but then DSLRpros in Florida came out with an FPV upgrade that lets the pilot have a separate camera for flying while, (in my case), the wife has her own camera for photography...  So we are waiting to have that upgrade installed plus they will deal with the firmware upgrade...  Then, we will finally be ready to fly the Inspire We are both avid photographers and live in the rugged Idaho mountains and love the UAVs for photo and video opportunities...  Below is one photo of our home from the Phantom 1...
LCR-G0011350FB.jpg
2015-3-17
Use props
FlyingDog
lvl.2

Taiwan

Friffy1 Posted at 2015-3-17 21:54
Mostly FUN!  We've got 4 quadcopters in my family.  5 plus 1 helicopter if my brother comes out with ...

Having multiple drones for multiple family members and having contests together is a good idea!
2015-3-17
Use props
FlyingDog
lvl.2

Taiwan

lakecreekranch@ Posted at 2015-3-18 00:51
We have a Phantom 1, a Phantom 2, a Phantom 2-V2 and an Inspire 1...  We originally got the Phantom  ...

So you quickly assembled your fleet in a very short time, and now you have multiple choices to fly with. Must be fun!  Will you put each into a specific use, or retire some of them into your flight museum and concentrate on one or two of them?
2015-3-17
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Sorry, I am not a multiple drone owner...yet!  (not including my X4) But I will be before long I am sure.   Not sure I would use them for anything other than my own pleasure unless the FAA says I can make money with them.  Then I have many uses for them around here as far as land valuation, farm surveys, etc.  Have already been asked to do both in the spring.  I will do so - pro-bono of course.
2015-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules