You will WANT TO SEE this Spark Case
3984 20 2017-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

I know the spark comes with a case. But the soft case doesn't protect enough. The foam case is great but you need the other case for remote and accessories.

I bought this case on amazon for 30$.

Deyard Waterproof Case Portable Hand Bag Carrying Suitcase for DJI Spark Drone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072QWG49K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_FTBvzbJ996QC0

Then modified it (carved foam with zip tool) to fit everything including changer and power pack. And has room for 3 batteries. Prop guards are in top zipper part. Works perfectly.

See photos.
IMG_8533.JPG
IMG_8532.JPG
2017-6-29
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

also £18.00 on ebay uk ..bonus Waterproof Storage Carry Case Hand...

i got one of these and was thinking how to get charger in, thanks mate great idea to cut foam
and case is great ,
2017-6-30
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Is this it ? http://amzn.to/2svCfC2
2017-6-30
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

I already had one on order, $22 I think on eBay...you reconfirmed this is the way to go...looks sharp!
2017-6-30
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not a bad price either.  I better order it before the price goes up
2017-6-30
Use props
Kardinal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 260591 ft
United States

I am pretty sure that is the case I bought.  The top of the case has no foam and it is NOT rigid.  It's not cloth, but neither is it a hard case.  If you put anything in the mesh enclosure on top like the prop guards and you put your hand down on the top of something even slightly heavy, you will break something.  

I don't see how it can be waterproof either.  The case might be, but the zipper I would think is not.  I am not going to test it. Water resistant?  Probably. But I highly doubt its waterproof like the amazon listing says. An since that is the reason I bought it...thumbs down.

So its a little better than the soft case that comes with the "fly more combo" for protecting the spark, its not as good as the rigid foam case the spark shipped in though its roomier.  

For the price, its not a bad case, but don't buy it if you are looking for a Pelican type (Hard rigid waterproof) case.  
2017-6-30
Use props
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

Bradders Posted at 2017-6-30 11:40
Is this it ? http://amzn.to/2svCfC2

Yes, that is it.
2017-7-1
Use props
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

Kardinal Posted at 2017-6-30 16:06
I am pretty sure that is the case I bought.  The top of the case has no foam and it is NOT rigid.  It's not cloth, but neither is it a hard case.  If you put anything in the mesh enclosure on top like the prop guards and you put your hand down on the top of something even slightly heavy, you will break something.  

I don't see how it can be waterproof either.  The case might be, but the zipper I would think is not.  I am not going to test it. Water resistant?  Probably. But I highly doubt its waterproof like the amazon listing says. An since that is the reason I bought it...thumbs down.

Yes, you are right... it's rigid (like carbon fiber), but not hard.  Plenty good enough for every day travel or throwing it around in car.

I was going to cut a soft piece of foam to just lay over the spark and then zip it closed (or just take off propellers).  

Definitely not water proof... water resistant, yes.

If I get on a plane, I would probably use the hard case it came with to put in suitcase, but then bring this one for every day use on the trip.
2017-7-1
Use props
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

Anyone have any opinion about these?  Good or bad?  Suggested?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HD-Fiber ... ne-L8-/253002880377
2017-7-1
Use props
landrian18
lvl.2
United States

if happy with the fly more combo bag for now and i use velcro for the rotor guard...
rsz_bag1.jpg
rsz_bag2.jpg
rsz_bag3.jpg
rsz_bag4.jpg
rsz_1sparkrotorguard.jpg
2017-7-8
Use props
kasei
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118399 ft
Germany

landrian18 Posted at 2017-7-8 04:14
if happy with the fly more combo bag for now and i use velcro for the rotor guard...

i was surprised packing the flymore bag the first time, that i could fit my four batteries without a problem.
if i need to take the charger with me ill probably put the spark in the box and charger in the bag. but this looks good too, although the Gimbal looks a bit tight. ill always pack my Sprunky with the Gimbal up, and a soft cloth on top.

im am curious if theres going to be some kind of gimbalprotector for transport.

whats the reason for motorprotection inside the back ?
2017-7-8
Use props
fans1aa37bca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1829219 ft
Singapore

kasei Posted at 2017-7-8 07:55
i was surprised packing the flymore bag the first time, that i could fit my four batteries without a problem.
if i need to take the charger with me ill probably put the spark in the box and charger in the bag. but this looks good too, although the Gimbal looks a bit tight. ill always pack my Sprunky with the Gimbal up, and a soft cloth on top.

Found this online
2017-7-8
Use props
fans1aa37bca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1829219 ft
Singapore

kasei Posted at 2017-7-8 07:55

Found one online
20170709_132156.jpg
2017-7-8
Use props
kasei
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118399 ft
Germany

fans1aa37bca Posted at 2017-7-8 21:28
Found one online

Cool ill get one of these gimbalprotectors if i find one!
2017-7-9
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I have a similar case for my Mavic, and I really struggle to see how this case is better than the one that DJI bundled in the Fly More combo. The FM combo case fits the charger, charging hub, 3 batteries, spare props, microUSB cable, OTG cable, etc with spare for another 1-2 betteries (I have a total of 6 batteries, and typically just toss the remaining 3 in my waist pack - having a separate pouch allows me to separate spent batteries from charged ones so i can swop out easily, and I toss a spare iPhone (a 5S) in the waist pack as a backup. This one is signficantly bigger and somehow defeats the portability of the Spark system. If anything, once my Quickdraw Armor from Dirty J Designs arrives in the mail, I'll be packing the Spark on my belt, and using the combo case for batteries and accessories so I have a lean, agile, quick deploy setup
2017-7-9
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-9 03:22
I have a similar case for my Mavic, and I really struggle to see how this case is better than the one that DJI bundled in the Fly More combo. The FM combo case fits the charger, charging hub, 3 batteries, spare props, microUSB cable, OTG cable, etc with spare for another 1-2 betteries (I have a total of 6 batteries, and typically just toss the remaining 3 in my waist pack - having a separate pouch allows me to separate spent batteries from charged ones so i can swop out easily, and I toss a spare iPhone (a 5S) in the waist pack as a backup. This one is signficantly bigger and somehow defeats the portability of the Spark system. If anything, once my Quickdraw Armor from Dirty J Designs arrives in the mail, I'll be packing the Spark on my belt, and using the combo case for batteries and accessories so I have a lean, agile, quick deploy setup

The main advantage for me is i carry it on a motorcycle in a tank bag and gives it extra protection from water and vibes from bike and fits perfectly in tank bag so can just whipit off bike do my filming and pack it back easily and in my opinion the main part SPARKY is better protected from knocks...
2017-7-9
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

wobbles Posted at 2017-7-9 03:45
The main advantage for me is i carry it on a motorcycle in a tank bag and gives it extra protection from water and vibes from bike and fits perfectly in tank bag so can just whipit off bike do my filming and pack it back easily and in my opinion the main part SPARKY is better protected from knocks...

@wobbles  What tank bag are you using?  I have a Coretech and its a real tight fit.
2017-7-9
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-9 03:53
@wobbles  What tank bag are you using?  I have a Coretech and its a real tight fit.

Hi
http://www.oxfordproducts.com/mo ... large_35l_magnetic/

is the older version of this but pretty much the same .. and got form bike show as i work there too so paid 24.99 which is great for a oxford product tbh..
with this case
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072QW ... p_api_FTBvzbJ996QC0

2017-7-9
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

wobbles Posted at 2017-7-9 04:03
Hi
http://www.oxfordproducts.com/motorcycle/brands/oxford/luggage/f1_luggage/f1_tank_bag_large_35l_magnetic/

Thanks...hell cheaper than what I paid for my Coretech.
2017-7-9
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-9 04:07
Thanks...hell cheaper than what I paid for my Coretech.

yea for sure mate , and i do 125k a year on bike and i had it 12 months now and its still good
2017-7-9
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

wobbles Posted at 2017-7-9 03:45

Ah, that makes sense then. Yeah, a waterproof case like this would be useful to have if you're out riding and need to stick it somewhere
2017-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules