Just put in an order for a P4A today
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I "had" a P4 and lost it(long story) and just put in an order for a P4A (currently a Mavic owner with 2,000,000+ ft flown) is there anything I should know about my new toy coming in?

Thanks.

2017-6-29
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Don't try to fold it like the Mavic.
2017-6-29
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2017-6-29 19:18
Don't try to fold it like the Mavic.

I'll try to remember that...........lol
2017-6-29
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Hi.

Hopefully, you will not experience the same short range of video signals that some others experience in relation to your Mavic.   

Regards Leif.
2017-6-30
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Landbo Posted at 2017-6-30 02:07
Hi.

Hopefully, you will not experience the same short range of video signals that some others experience in relation to your Mavic.   

Is this a common problem? Is there a fix to it yet? Should have cancel my order?
2017-6-30
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-6-30 03:13
Is this a common problem? Is there a fix to it yet? Should have cancel my order?

I do not really know that. There are sources that wrote that came with the last update of FW. However, I have only flown with the last update FW.

My Phantom 4 Advance is back at the seller right now because it also has some other issues that I can not really figure out what is. But during my last flight, it continued to demand have locked up an NFZ zone many times. Finally it hung over my roof on the house and hover with only 24% battery left and no response from the controller. It was necessary for me to turn the controller off and on to regain the control and make a emergency landing. During the problems, RTH would not work so it was a really ugly experience. I hope, however, that there is a manufacturing error in my copy that showed its ugly head to me.   
Just afterwards I flew the same route with my Mavic and did not meet any ghost's NFZ zones.   

Regards Leif.
2017-6-30
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

new problem(not really a problem) just purchased the P4A for the regular price and got a tracking number today, but it went on sale today for $150 less.  Ill be making some texts tonight.  any pointers?
2017-6-30
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cancelled my order for now due to DJI wont adjust the sale price.

2017-6-30
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-6-30 20:21
Cancelled my order for now due to DJI wont adjust the sale price.

And that's how to do it, cancel and re-order. It sounds like the sales people are not authorised to adjust or amend prices.
2017-6-30
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-6-30 19:02
new problem(not really a problem) just purchased the P4A for the regular price and got a tracking number today, but it went on sale today for $150 less.  Ill be making some texts tonight.  any pointers?

Yes, it's hard with the decisions. Now, of course, I do not know where you have ordered your P4A but here in Denmark it is highly recommended and buy locally as it provides the longest warranty period. The savings I can find out in the big world are quickly eaten up by paying local taxes.  

It's probably the easiest way to delete the order and order again. Good luck with the purchase.

Regards Leif.
2017-7-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Landbo Posted at 2017-7-1 01:31
Yes, it's hard with the decisions. Now, of course, I do not know where you have ordered your P4A but here in Denmark it is highly recommended and buy locally as it provides the longest warranty period. The savings I can find out in the big world are quickly eaten up by paying local taxes.  

It's probably the easiest way to delete the order and order again. Good luck with the purchase.

That's a good point regarding warranty. One national UK retailer offers 2 year warranty on all their electrical goods, and this includes the full range of DJI quads.
2017-7-1
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-1 02:55
That's a good point regarding warranty. One national UK retailer offers 2 year warranty on all their electrical goods, and this includes the full range of DJI quads.

Yes, the two-year warranty is determined by law in Denmark.

Regards Leif.
2017-7-1
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Too bad DJI can't get their customer service together.
2017-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules