What are the quality and range of spark compared to mavic?
1663 13 2017-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Huayra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118323 ft

China

I think it might be a beginner question. But I'd like to know can spark reach the range over 500m in an open area?As for its camera, since it uses the same cmos as mavic, is its image the same quailty as mavic's?
TIA
2017-6-29
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

The best way is to type that in youtube.And these are not comparable :] Spark is a "seize the moment" Quad
2017-6-29
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Image quality is about the same, mavic video is better and the range on the spark is similar to the first phantom ( not good) the mavics range is excellent. ( well over a mile)
2017-6-30
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure if you're deciding whether to get the Mavic or the Spark.  If you don't have a Mavic and have the finances to buy, then do NOT get the Spark.
2017-6-30
Use props
ALWilson
lvl.2
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-6-30 03:40
Image quality is about the same, mavic video is better and the range on the spark is similar to the first phantom ( not good) the mavics range is excellent. ( well over a mile)

Have to take in to consideration Spark battery length, which is 16 minutes (apparently). You wouldn't be able to fly too far away anyway!

I struggle to understand why people always compare this to the Mavic PRO. Spark is an entry level drone most likely used by beginners / non-professionals like myself, Mavic is called Mavic PRO for a reason and it is better.

If you have the finances and want to capture high quality pictures and videos, get the Mavic Pro. For me, as someone who didn't want to spend too much and just wants to take nice pictures for social media etc... Spark does the job.
2017-6-30
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ALWilson Posted at 2017-6-30 04:02
Have to take in to consideration Spark battery length, which is 16 minutes (apparently). You wouldn't be able to fly too far away anyway!

I struggle to understand why people always compare this to the Mavic PRO. Spark is an entry level drone most likely used by beginners / non-professionals like myself, Mavic is called Mavic PRO for a reason and it is better.

That little spark really does take nice pictures and if you have the radio controller it's a blast in sport mode, anyone who does not have the radio controller, buy one cause without it your only getting about 40% of what the spark has to offer.
2017-6-30
Use props
Huayra
lvl.2

China

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-6-30 05:21
That little spark really does take nice pictures and if you have the radio controller it's a blast in sport mode, anyone who does not have the radio controller, buy one cause without it your only getting about 40% of what the spark has to offer.

What's the real battery life of spark?
2017-6-30
Use props
Huayra
lvl.2

China

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-6-30 03:40

Yes since their image transmitting system are not the same, mavic's ocusync is much better. So  does the spark have the same range as phantom 3 standard?
2017-6-30
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Huayra Posted at 2017-6-30 07:01
Yes since their image transmitting system are not the same, mavic's ocusync is much better. So  does the spark have the same range as phantom 3 standard?

Some people are getting decent range with there spark but they also live next to a lake with no trees, I never had the standard but I can say the Sparks range is about the same as the phantom 2 v3.
2017-6-30
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Huayra Posted at 2017-6-30 07:00
What's the real battery life of spark?

I get about 12 minutes before the 30% low battery warning, I then land, I never take chances.
2017-6-30
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

I got 13 minutes to 9%
2017-6-30
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
United Kingdom

Spark advertised max distance is 2km while Mavic is 7km. I flew my Mavic from my backyard to the nearest park 1.5km away everyday but I never go past that. However I saw a video in yourube where some guy flew his Spark 3km away using a signal booster.
2017-6-30
Use props
Huayra
lvl.2

China

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-6-30 09:24
Some people are getting decent range with there spark but they also live next to a lake with no trees, I never had the standard but I can say the Sparks range is about the same as the phantom 2 v3.

Thanks for your reply
2017-7-5
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

As already some people mentioned the Sparks target is to seize the moment - grab it out of your bag and do a quick shot.
Also I think its quite suitable to perform some nice holiday flights of POI and the family /friends.
If you need to film something 2km away then drive there and do the flight from just 100m away - I know that's not always possible, but then you don't buy a Spark to do the job.

2017-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules