Spark Video missing audio track
5406 13 2017-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansca840961
New
United States

When I play back Spark videos using the DJI app, the audio track is present and sounds normal.  When I put microSD card in the computer...audio track is stripped out.   Also happens to any Spark video imported to FCPX.  The video is fine but the audio track is missing?  This cannot be normal behavior.  Anyone know a solution?
Thanks
Alan

2017-6-30
Use props
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

There is no audio.... Spark doesn't have microphone.  It records audio on your phone from phone mic on cache'd version.... which is much lower quality.
2017-6-30
Use props
fansca840961
New
United States

There is indeed audio, videos played back through DJI app have audio, the mic used to record audio is of no consequence.  If it is in the video playback on the DJI app, it should be in the video on the card inserted into a PC.
2017-6-30
Use props
TavisB
lvl.1
United States

GIdoc Posted at 2017-6-30 08:22
There is no audio.... Spark doesn't have microphone.  It records audio on your phone from phone mic on cache'd version.... which is much lower quality.

Please re-read this answer.
2017-6-30
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

GIdoc Posted at 2017-6-30 08:22

This is correct. The audio grabbed from your phone's mic is part of the cached video downlink video, not the video that's on the SD card.
2017-6-30
Use props
fansca840961
New
United States

Here is the bottom line, DJI designed an audio recording system that records audio....for no reason.  How is one supposed to output videos with audio content????????????????   The inability to export video with an audio track is insane.
2017-6-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fansca840961 Posted at 2017-6-30 09:58
Here is the bottom line, DJI designed an audio recording system that records audio....for no reason.  How is one supposed to output videos with audio content????????????????   The inability to export video with an audio track is insane.

You can out put video with audio, you can do it with dji app, you can do it with third party apps Final Cut Pro premiere and lots of other software.

You can also record commentary while filming. What problem are you having.

Just go to videos/photos section here how do you think those guys managed.
2017-6-30
Use props
fansca840961
New
United States

Thanks, I will have a look.
2017-6-30
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

If audio was able to be recorded on the Spark all you would hear is the whirling of the propellers! Who wants to hear that?
2017-6-30
Use props
TavisB
lvl.1
United States

+1. A mic on the drone would be silly.
2017-6-30
Use props
GIdoc
lvl.2
United States

So am I correct when I say... you have to take the Audio of the cache version from phone and strip it and overly it with the high resolution video from the micro sd card?
2017-7-1
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-30 10:26
You can out put video with audio, you can do it with dji app, you can do it with third party apps Final Cut Pro premiere and lots of other software.

You can also record commentary while filming. What problem are you having.

Just don't use the DJiGo4 app as it downgrades your video for some reason. Hope they address this next firmware and app update.
2017-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Cravenfan Posted at 2017-7-1 17:07
Just don't use the DJiGo4 app as it downgrades your video for some reason. Hope they address this next firmware and app update.

It really should be 1080p
2017-7-1
Use props
Mat Atoi
New

Malaysia

So it's mean the box in setting  "Record Audio with Video Cache" is CHECK and ALSO  "Cache to SD Card" is also CHECK in order to get the sound of recording before record the video.... Please correct me if I'm wrong as I also facing that same problem..
2023-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules