Z15 GH4 sent back from support... UNBALANCED AND BROKEN - my story. BE AWARE!
2408 11 2015-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bfurman
lvl.2

Poland

Aaaaaand DJI strikes again.

For you knowlage: i'm unable to fly since 6 months becouse of DJI Z15 GH4. Firstly it was sold as "cat in box" and i had to wait for it for 2 months. Then it flew about 15 times and there came update for A2 which screwed everything and i had to update whole system. Then Z15 occured to show horribly pixelated image and so. I'm grounded since then.

I managed to sent my Z15 to DJI support in Germany and there it took 1 month to replace my HDMI cable (which i'm not sure, becouse it looks like used), GCU and IMU. Finally, it came home and when i connected it to place in S1000 it occured to be... out of balance. Horribly. I cant even turn it on (which is funny becouse they said that they tested it with lightbridge), becouse it just cant look down becouse of GH4 hitting frame... Pictures attached.

Well, i bought a2, naza, iOSD MKII, avl58, S1000, Z15 and lightbridge spending couple K$$$ and i'm frustrated now. DJI ruined my bussines. I'll live under bridge if dont earn some money with flying. Which is hard to do without gimbal.

Thx DJI, i'll do everything i can to let everyone know what's going on with you.

I cant even try to rebalance it (as it looks like it's out of balance only in pitch) becouse of warranty. Which i can place a s**t on it becouse it's what it's worth.

Bad done DJI, bad done.

IMG_0050.JPG
IMG_00542.jpg
IMG_00552.jpg
2015-3-17
Use props
bfurman
lvl.2

Poland

Here you have detailed picture:

RED lines - Actual angles
GREEN lines - Horizontal reference (let's say it's leveled)
Blue'ish circle - how far camera gets

IMG_00582222.jpg
2015-3-17
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Behind the camera you will see screw holes on the lower support frame. It looks like your camera is mounted too high..if you loosen those screws, not too loose, then just tap the arms down so the top of the camera clears. Next tighten the screws. Then see if the camera falls off to one side or the other when centered. If so then loosen the screws and tap the bar left or right...it doesnt have to be much movement..just a little at a time. I found a YouTube video for you that walks through balancing a camera on a gimbal..note: the video is not a Z15-GH3 gimbal but will help you understand how to adjust.
2015-3-17
Use props
bfurman
lvl.2

Poland

Well, i spent huge amount of time with alexmos gimbal and i could try rebalancing, but it'll make me loose warranty.

I'm not sure if it "is just too high" - when it fits like on last image and I push gimbal a little bit left in roll  it falls easily, not like it should - keep balance on any given direction.
2015-3-17
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

bfurman@brainvi Posted at 2015-3-18 01:51
Well, i spent huge amount of time with alexmos gimbal and i could try rebalancing, but it'll make me ...

The top of the camera should not hit the gimbal..you need to adjust it down to clear...if you continue with the battery plugged in you will burn up the gimbal
2015-3-17
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

now this problem is in 3 different foren, always the same copy and past. Ajust your Gimbal like Dennis explaned

2015-3-18
Use props
bfurman
lvl.2

Poland

It is on 2 subforums here - on Gimbal and Lightbridge. On Gimbal becouse its Z15 problem and owners should know about that. On Lightbridge becouse it was artifacts/pixelating problem. On rcgroups same. I dont wanna help from users, i want to warn them about situation.
I'm not only one having such issues.

I did as you said, just to go through initialization and test if lightbridge works. And i have blinking red front gimbal led, no video feed...
I'm in contact with support and they asked me to send LB + Z15 again, which i will do tomorrow... {:3_42:}
2015-3-18
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

as i told you it's the HDMI board from  the gimbal, to be sure change the pitch wire in the zenmuse.
if you have an RMA number (your old one) it should be faster. But it defense how you communicate with the service personal, everybody is not happy with problems on these expensive stuff, they will do the best if the have the right information from your problem
2015-3-18
Use props
bfurman
lvl.2

Poland

"as i told you it's the HDMI board from  the gimbal, to be sure change the pitch wire in the zenmuse."
As info that DJI gave me it looks like cables "inside" gimbal has been changed. Whole HDMI board was not.

They also changed my IMU, i dont know why because it was working fine...
2015-3-19
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

bfurman@brainvi Posted at 2015-3-19 17:37
"as i told you it's the HDMI board from  the gimbal, to be sure change the pitch wire in the zenmuse ...

I'm confused now..they changed the IMU? You mean the GCU on the Gimbal? If so, nothing wrong with having a brand new one. I always carry an extra one with me to have on hand.
2015-3-19
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

hi Dennis, not the GCU the HDMI Board on the bottom of the camera. The changed it for some cold condition reasons. I have 3 of them and always under 2°C no picture.  Now the new board and the wire i have no problems until -5-7°C
also use the old firmware 1.6 on the GCU
2015-3-19
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ducpeter Posted at 2015-3-20 03:38
hi Dennis, not the GCU the HDMI Board on the bottom of the camera. The changed it for some cold cond ...

Hey Duc (short for Ducati I presume)...I misunderstood...I thought he said they replaced the GCU...now I get it..cheers
2015-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules