Spark delivered fully defective
3269 22 2017-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Yesterday I received my Spark Fly more Combo and 2hrs ago I wanted to set it up. As Mavic Pro owner with 24 hours + netto flight time and 200 km + flight distance constantly fighting with crashing DJIGO4 (it worked perfect with old DJIGO) I thought DJI learned from it´s mistakes.

I WAS WRONG !

Unpacked the Spark, charged controller and batts of Spark and fired up DJI GO 4 on my (DJI says: compatible) Note 4.

Following the setup-procedure PAINSTAKINGLY I tried to scan the QR-Code on transport - box: it failed
Tried to scan QR-code in Spark batt-compartment: it failed again telling me the QR-code was not recognized

The I tried to transmit Serial Number, typed it in correctly pushed "SEND" and DJO GO4 (latest version) told me "connect to internet" although I was connected to internet all the time.

tried it 10-12 times and always failed.

Tried the same procedures with my wife´s Note 4: failed the same, with same error messages

Tried the same procedure with my Xperia Z Ultra (which is my main phone for MavicPro, although DJI GO 4 crashes on it almost as often as my Note 4). So no activation possible this way.

Fired up Spark to connect to the phone via Sparks WLAN, and guess what, after repeated searching for new WLANs both on 2,4 and 5 GhZ-band with ALL THREE smartphones Spark-SSID did not even show up as new available WLAN.

NOW I am totally fed up with DJI and will send the Spark back for full refund. I am tired to play test-pilot for DJI..... Test-Pilot ? I cannot even start flying the Spark because I can´t even activate it ! Even the most cheap 10 Dollar drones are at least able to present themselves with a detectable WLAN-SSID.

So this is a warning: wait for one year until You buy a Spark, You most probably will get a defective one right now ..........................
2017-6-30
Use props
Carlos64
New
Italy

i have the same problem......with samsung S8 and Huawei mate 7 and 9....dam
2017-6-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You are one of very few who couldn't activate, although some found it tricky almost all were able to activate. thats tough.
2017-6-30
Use props
Carlos64
New
Italy

i think it s easy....but can t activate...
2017-6-30
Use props
Boah99
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13819 ft
United States

I had the same issue a few minutes ago. I got the wifi to show up by resetting the wifi on the spark. While on, hold the battery button for about 9 seconds. The spark will beep 3 times. Then i was able to connect and activate. I was getting very frustrated also.
2017-6-30
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Austria

Boah99 Posted at 2017-6-30 08:29
I had the same issue a few minutes ago. I got the wifi to show up by resetting the wifi on the spark. While on, hold the battery button for about 9 seconds. The spark will beep 3 times. Then i was able to connect and activate. I was getting very frustrated also.

Resetting didn´t work out either, forgot to mention it .......................
2017-6-30
Use props
Carlos64
New
Italy

i made the wifi reset and now my phone S8 found Sperk wifi..
Now I'm doing the firmware update
2017-6-30
Use props
FluxSine
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65157 ft
United States

That is frustrating. I wouldn't call it defective just incompatible with your hardware. I suppose you could have a Lemon, try with a friend that has an iPhone or IPad.
2017-6-30
Use props
fans19099b93
New

Canada

FluxSine Posted at 2017-6-30 09:09
That is frustrating. I wouldn't call it defective just incompatible with your hardware. I suppose you could have a Lemon, try with a friend that has an iPhone or IPad.

I am an iPhone user and I have the same problems. No WiFi presented and QR codes do not scan. Will try the battery reset that was mentioned later tonight.
2017-6-30
Use props
chraaaa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 114377 ft
United States

I have the same issue.  iPhone6, can't scan the QR code, don't see the Spark wifi before or after reset.  Will try with iPad Mini 4 next.
2017-6-30
Use props
Acejoys
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78251 ft
United Kingdom

Your problem is if you buy the fly more combo the drone come synced with the remote therefore you need to either rest the wifi on the drone by turning it on then holding down the battery button for 6 seconds so it beeps twice and desyncs from the remote.
Alternatively turn on the remote and drone they will connect to each other and you need to connect via wifi to the remote using its SSID and password on the back of it.
This info isn't made clear at all in the instructions so it's easy to see how everyone is having issues
2017-6-30
Use props
chraaaa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 114377 ft
United States

Acejoys Posted at 2017-6-30 11:51
Your problem is if you buy the fly more combo the drone come synced with the remote therefore you need to either rest the wifi on the drone by turning it on then holding down the battery button for 6 seconds so it beeps twice and desyncs from the remote.
Alternatively turn on the remote and drone they will connect to each other and you need to connect via wifi to the remote using its SSID and password on the back of it.
This info isn't made clear at all in the instructions so it's easy to see how everyone is having issues

Thank you - so i did that, powered on the drone and held button for 6 seconds, got two beeps.  Then the WiFi shows up on my phone, I entered the password, and joined.  Then what?  Is it activated?  I go to My Device in the app and it says Disconnected.  boy oh boy!
2017-6-30
Use props
Acejoys
lvl.1
United Kingdom

chraaaa Posted at 2017-6-30 12:04
Thank you - so i did that, powered on the drone and held button for 6 seconds, got two beeps.  Then the WiFi shows up on my phone, I entered the password, and joined.  Then what?  Is it activated?  I go to My Device in the app and it says Disconnected.  boy oh boy!

Should have gone something like this after you connected
2017-6-30
Use props
Acejoys
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Here this should help most people struggling in this thread. These are the same issues I had when setting up. I have a couple of issues with selfies and malfunctioning dronie modes now but it flies ace especially in sports mode and shoots decent video. I just hope the other niggles will be fixed in firmware updates.
2017-6-30
Use props
rick bernotas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 194944 ft
United States

I had the same issue with the QR code on my Galaxy S8+, it wouldn't scan the code and the DJI Go 4 app was very clearly not letting the camera focus on the QR code.

I just connected to the drone wifi ssid and put the password in directly and did it that way.
2017-6-30
Use props
mtnlandpix
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The main issue I had was not being able to activate the Spark in DJI Go 4.  I finally updated the app in the Apple store.  Everything went smoothly then.  I think that should be step 1.
2017-6-30
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Why QR code? I know that Dji tutorial video shows that. But also show an alternative that simple and does not require QR scanning. I have activated 2 Sparks connecting internet via cellular and to Spark via wifi. For those who buy flymore, you will not see Spark wifi SSID because it is hidden and allow itself to connect to RC. Connect your mobile to RC while connect RC to Spark first.
2017-6-30
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Austria

Tried everything as mentioned in this thread but failed. Even with manual registration of SSID no luck .......................Fact is: there IS NO WiFi signal emitted from the Spark I got  yesterday, so it´s defective .............

Never going to be Alpha-tester for DJI again as with Mavic Pro ............................
2017-6-30
Use props
fans12166962
lvl.1
United States

Boah99 Posted at 2017-6-30 08:29

I did all this.  Tried to reset WIFI on Spark by holding for 9 seconds.  The WIFI network showed up on my iPhone 7S in Settings.  No Internet Connection even though my home WIFI was working perfectly. Then was asked for password for the Spark Network repeatedly.  Never stopped.  Any suggestion?  I am very, very frustrated.  THANKS!
2017-9-29
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

I had the same problem, yesterday i got my SPARK and has not been able to activate it yet, I will try to install a later version of the DJI GO4 app, some administrator said that would solve the problem. I have not tried yet cause I'm still at the office, but will tell you when i try...
I was even requested to enter a Chinese Main fix number to sync....very weird..
2017-9-29
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Spain

Hi there again, i just followed to do what Elektra told me in another threat, I'm pasting the text right here:

Please follow the advice in 9# and download 4.1.5 version of DJI GO 4 to solve the problem.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymau5f ... 1.5.3_guan.apk?dl=0
Please keep us upgraded.

This helped me out with my upgrading and RC conection issue. Remember to get the lates version of DJI GO4 after that.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-9-29 06:12
Hi there again, i just followed to do what Elektra told me in another threat, I'm pasting the text right here:

Sorry for the trouble caused and glad the problem got sorted out, hope you have a good time on flying.
2017-9-29
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-29 23:14
Sorry for the trouble caused and glad the problem got sorted out, hope you have a good time on flying.

Yes, that solved the conection problem and upgrading my RC, but when i go back to the latest version of GO4 app then i still get the request to enter a chinese mainland number before I can conect my AC with the RC, please have in mind that i live in EU in Spain to be more exact, so i dont understand why i have to enter a chinese number to complete the linking procedure.
So now I have been flying in beginer mode just to try my AC with a later version of the GO4 app and I don't know if thats a good idea, the thing is that i dont get any map information on the lower left corner, and in the settings of the map it says something about china maps coordinates...so please tell me if its safe to fly with an earlier version of the GO4 app otherwise what can I do??
I purchased my combo and some more batteries and other stuff in your official web site so i guess my drone is 100% legal.
I would also like to know how i can upload images to paste on the threads with screenshots.
2017-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules