SSD has stop working.
1855 23 2017-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Acedrone
lvl.2
Canada

Has anyone else had an issue with SSD 480? I think I loaded it up full.

2017-6-30
Use props
kenavata
lvl.3
Flight distance : 742126 ft
United Kingdom

No problems here withe 480 SSD's, Can you elaborate on the problem your experiencing?

Ken
2017-7-1
Use props
SPH*i2*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322579 ft
United Kingdom

Hi I have not been able to open any videos at all from the start using the SSD480 I have ask DJI Téc for help.  But it still does not work at all it's a major problem, no one has helped me solve it. I am waiting for some other kit from DJI when they are released. If it's still not working then I want a refund or replacement from them, it is not good enough at these prices.
2017-7-1
Use props
Acedrone
lvl.2
Canada

kenavata Posted at 2017-7-1 00:07
No problems here withe 480 SSD's, Can you elaborate on the problem your experiencing?

Ken

Yes, Was flying and let the SSD recording go until i stop flying. The SD gave notice it was full. Went to my Computer and tried loading it. Devices never picked my SSD to see my video. Tried formating the SSD in the I2 and failed. I did try another computer to check but SSD failed to come on to devices. Is the reader, the stick or the Inspire 2????????????  The I2 have been looked after very well and no crashes. It is running very well. The Inspire 2 has been updated to latest software.

2017-7-1
Use props
kenavata
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Acedrone Posted at 2017-7-1 05:52
Yes, Was flying and let the SSD recording go until i stop flying. The SD gave notice it was full. Went to my Computer and tried loading it. Devices never picked my SSD to see my video. Tried formating the SSD in the I2 and failed. I did try another computer to check but SSD failed to come on to devices. Is the reader, the stick or the Inspire 2????????????  The I2 have been looked after very well and no crashes. It is running very well. The Inspire 2 has been updated to latest software.

If you remove the SSD, does the SD function normally (Record/Format etc)?
2017-7-1
Use props
Acedrone
lvl.2
Canada

kenavata Posted at 2017-7-1 12:22
If you remove the SSD, does the SD function normally (Record/Format etc)?

yes, SD works great.  Have noticed on the DJI Go APP 4,  the status bar for camera just before the green square is a title named SSD and it is stroked off with a red line and below it states N/A. The SSD is firmly in at the back. What do you think red line means and the N/A.
2017-7-2
Use props
kenavata
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Acedrone Posted at 2017-7-2 08:07
yes, SD works great.  Have noticed on the DJI Go APP 4,  the status bar for camera just before the green square is a title named SSD and it is stroked off with a red line and below it states N/A. The SSD is firmly in at the back. What do you think red line means and the N/A.

It sounds like the AC recognises the SSD is present but can't mount it. The fact that the reader also can't mount the card also lends weight to the argument, but we can't definitively exclude a problem with the AC. Ideally you'd need to test a 2nd SSD or 2nd AC.  

Hopefully one of the DJI mods will drop into this thread and comment ... but I'd be returning the SSD at this point... what have DJI support said?
2017-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Acedrone Posted at 2017-7-2 08:07

We do apologize for the experience with our product, would you happen to provide us the APP screenshot and the error message when you format SSD card? Is it possible to borrow a second Inspire 2 or second SSD card for a comparison test?
2017-7-2
Use props
Acedrone
lvl.2
Canada

kenavata Posted at 2017-7-2 11:36
It sounds like the AC recognises the SSD is present but can't mount it. The fact that the reader also can't mount the card also lends weight to the argument, but we can't definitively exclude a problem with the AC. Ideally you'd need to test a 2nd SSD or 2nd AC.  

Hopefully one of the DJI mods will drop into this thread and comment ... but I'd be returning the SSD at this point... what have DJI support said?

Support said to put the SSD into Assistant 2 and format it. There are not instructions on how to format the SSD card in Assistant 2. I put the reader and SSD card into my computer while assistant 2 was running. Nothing happen. I put my ac into the assistant to see what was there and checked if my licience was there. for Cinedng and Prores IT was.
2017-7-3
Use props
Acedrone
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-2 23:56
We do apologize for the experience with our product, would you happen to provide us the APP screenshot and the error message when you format SSD card? Is it possible to borrow a second Inspire 2 or second SSD card for a comparison test?

Why would a red bar show up over the SSD title along the camera status bar on the Go App 4. The green focus box is right of this heading. Under neath of the SSD title it indicates N/A. What does this mean???? The SSD stick was firmly in the AC
2017-7-3
Use props
Acedrone
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-2 23:56

Only notice noticed recieved was SD was full. I had the SSD mode switch on and was filming in Prores .4444 Was flying in atti mode and letting the SSD run. Was having to much fun and forgot to shut off the video.When formating the SSD on the AC the format round circle keeps running running. It failed to finish after 15minutes of battery time.  On my computer the reader and SSD fail to be picked up on devices. So i couldn't view my videos. I did try this on any other computer. Support told me to put into Assistant 2 to format. Did not know how do that.
2017-7-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Acedrone Posted at 2017-7-3 05:26
Only notice noticed recieved was SD was full. I had the SSD mode switch on and was filming in Prores .4444 Was flying in atti mode and letting the SSD run. Was having to much fun and forgot to shut off the video.When formating the SSD on the AC the format round circle keeps running running. It failed to finish after 15minutes of battery time.  On my computer the reader and SSD fail to be picked up on devices. So i couldn't view my videos. I did try this on any other computer. Support told me to put into Assistant 2 to format. Did not know how do that.

I understand the whole process, it's just we need the screenshot of APP about the error, could you help to provide that?
2017-7-4
Use props
Acedrone
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-4 02:08
I understand the whole process, it's just we need the screenshot of APP about the error, could you help to provide that?

Not sure if there was error message. What about the RED BAR across the SSD title in Camera setting. next to the GREEN FOCUS BOX on the APP. Is that what you want to see?
2017-7-4
Use props
Acedrone
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-4 02:08

Tried to format the the SSD card in AC and said no SSD when the SSD card is securely installed. Does mean it's dead.  I don't how to do a screen shot on my Ipad. I am a big kid of sixty years old. Don't know everything about computers. I am being honest.  
2017-7-4
Use props
kenavata
lvl.3
United Kingdom

"Google is your friend" :-) to take a screen shot ...

You can capture the screen on your iOS device using the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on the top or side of your device.
Immediately press and release the Home button.
To find your screenshot, go to the Photos app > Albums and tap Camera Roll.
2017-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Acedrone Posted at 2017-7-4 06:16
Not sure if there was error message. What about the RED BAR across the SSD title in Camera setting. next to the GREEN FOCUS BOX on the APP. Is that what you want to see?

Red Bar means the SSD card was not recognized, that's why when you try to format the SSD, APP pops up the message of 'No SSD'.
Do you have a second SSD or can you borrow one from your friends to do the troubleshooting to avoiding send in all the aircraft body and SSD to repair center? And please provide us the screenshot like Kenavata described at your most convenience. We appreciate your cooperation.
2017-7-5
Use props
Acedrone
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-5 02:26
Red Bar means the SSD card was not recognized, that's why when you try to format the SSD, APP pops up the message of 'No SSD'.
Do you have a second SSD or can you borrow one from your friends to do the troubleshooting to avoiding send in all the aircraft body and SSD to repair center? And please provide us the screenshot like Kenavata described at your most convenience. We appreciate your cooperation.

Hi Mindy,
Was able to get a screen of my Go APP 4.  Find the the image in Photos. Thank you very much. I feel a bit better.  I was not able to transfer the image to in the forum. Any Ideas. Also found my flight path for that day. Is there any way to find error messages that were giving out for that Day?
2017-7-7
Use props
Acedrone
lvl.2
Canada

Acedrone Posted at 2017-7-7 12:56
Hi Mindy,
Was able to get a screen of my Go APP 4.  Find the the image in Photos. Thank you very much. I feel a bit better.  I was not able to transfer the image to in the forum. Any Ideas. Also found my flight path for that day. Is there any way to find error messages that were giving out for that Day?

So, The SSD card will not initialize in Prores 444 or 4444q or Cinecng. Have asked if anyone will let me borrow a SSD card in the area. Not too many have an inspire 2 in my area. SSD are $1229.00 in Canada That is a lot money plus the fee for CNG and Prores. Ouch. So what I need to send back the SSD?
2017-7-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Acedrone Posted at 2017-7-8 18:21
So, The SSD card will not initialize in Prores 444 or 4444q or Cinecng. Have asked if anyone will let me borrow a SSD card in the area. Not too many have an inspire 2 in my area. SSD are $1229.00 in Canada That is a lot money plus the fee for CNG and Prores. Ouch. So what I need to send back the SSD?

If you login DJI Forum in APP, when you comment, you can see the icon of picture, click this icon, select the picture from Photo Library, then the picture will be sent out. Please check the screenshot below
picture.png
2017-7-10
Use props
Acedrone
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-10 02:54
If you login DJI Forum in APP, when you comment, you can see the icon of picture, click this icon, select the picture from Photo Library, then the picture will be sent out. Please check the screenshot below

Was thinking, error message said cpu was full could lead to other problems.  Started thinking about that. I checked my Ipad. I had not cleared any of my photos or videos off from the ipad. I had formatted my sd and ssd cards many times. For the last 2 months started videoing in CINESDDNG and Prores. That is a raw capture there taking tons of memory. On the ipad mini it also records everything and never thought to clear it until now.Totally gap.

Question. By having my Ipad mini full up in memory. Could I have stop the flow onto to the SSD 480 g
card and hence the red bar on the SSD title on the GO APP. Maybe is why the I SSD work. Too late to check. I have sent my SSD 480g card back to DJI in California to get checked out yesterday.
2017-7-19
Use props
Acedrone
lvl.2
Canada

Acedrone Posted at 2017-7-19 08:28
Was thinking, error message said cpu was full could lead to other problems.  Started thinking about that. I checked my Ipad. I had not cleared any of my photos or videos off from the ipad. I had formatted my sd and ssd cards many times. For the last 2 months started videoing in CINESDDNG and Prores. That is a raw capture there taking tons of memory. On the ipad mini it also records everything and never thought to clear it until now.Totally gap.

Question. By having my Ipad mini full up in memory. Could I have stop the flow onto to the SSD 480 g

Maybe this why the SSD stop working.  Did not type This above.
2017-7-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Acedrone Posted at 2017-7-19 08:28

A full memory of your mobile device will not affect the SSD recording. Only the image transmission may lag and the there is no enough space to save video cache.
Since you have sent in the SSD, repair team will make evaluation and get it addressed.
2017-7-20
Use props
Acedrone
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-20 04:19
A full memory of your mobile device will not affect the SSD recording. Only the image transmission may lag and the there is no enough space to save video cache.
Since you have sent in the SSD, repair team will make evaluation and get it addressed.

Thanks so much for input and comments.  
2017-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Acedrone Posted at 2017-7-23 11:51
Thanks so much for input and comments.

You are welcome, hope you will receive it soon.
2017-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules