Issue connecting phone to controller
1768 12 2017-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11913 ft
Canada

Got my FM package delivered today and I tried connecting my iPhone 7 to the controller through wifi initially no problems. It gave me a notification saying I'm in a different region so the remote will need to restart and change regions or something, so I clicked agree. After that, my phone no longer can connect to the controller. I see the wifi from the controller, but when I try to connect, it continuously asks me to input the password "12341234", but doesn't connect giving me errors such as "password incorrect" or time-outs.

What is going on???

I've reset the wifi on the spark as well, and I can connect the phone directly to the Spark no problem. I can also connect the remote to the Spark no problem. I just can't connect my phone to the controller through wifi!!!! Help please!!
2017-6-30
Use props
fansbe2d85cf
New
France

same issue...
2017-6-30
Use props
OwlPic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26 ft
United States

Android phone connects to controller ok. The controller connects to Spark ok.
But without the controller, we see no Spark-wifi on the Android, so therefore we can-NOT connect the phone to the Spark.
Any ideas??
Thank You
2017-6-30
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

That´s what happens once You are lucky to get at least a show-up of Sparks WiFi .................. This thing is so full of flaws and faulty construction that I can´t even rate it as Alpha-release............ Send it back and wait for one year, maybe then it will fly as advertised ...........
2017-6-30
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-6-30 23:50
That´s what happens once You are lucky to get at least a show-up of Sparks WiFi .................. This thing is so full of flaws and faulty construction that I can´t even rate it as Alpha-release............ Send it back and wait for one year, maybe then it will fly as advertised ...........

Maybe try these http://amzn.to/2t1Fdlf
2017-6-30
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Austria

Bradders Posted at 2017-6-30 23:52
Maybe try these http://amzn.to/2t1Fdlf

Haha, good joke ...................... Hope You are not REALLY serious about this ...................
2017-7-1
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-7-1 00:39
Haha, good joke ......................  Hope You are not REALLY serious about this ...................

They apparently work well, going to buy myself a set soon. You seem like your complaining a lot...
2017-7-1
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Austria

Bradders Posted at 2017-7-1 01:04
They apparently work well, going to buy myself a set soon. You seem like your complaining a lot...

Yeah, after 9 months of having more problems with my Mavic Pro with every "update" than at the start, when my MavicPro flew flawless, my frustration level with a Spark delivered broken out of the box is more than saturated .........

Regarding these "signal-amplifiers": check the physics behind and You will learn that they are a waste of money. I tested them comparative with a friend, who swears on these "amplifiers", but had to find out that without them the range is better ... at least for MavicPro
2017-7-1
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-7-1 01:11
Yeah, after 9 months of having more problems with my Mavic Pro with every "update" than at the start, when my MavicPro flew flawless, my frustration level with a Spark delivered broken out of the box is more than saturated .........

Regarding these "signal-amplifiers": check the physics behind and You will learn that they are a waste of money. I tested them comparative with a friend, who swears on these "amplifiers", but had to find out that without them the range is better ... at least for MavicPro

What is the problem with your Spark ?  
2017-7-1
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Austria

Bradders Posted at 2017-7-1 02:05
What is the problem with your Spark ?

Cannot be activated no way, even after multiple resets of WiFi ............... Defective out of the box ............
2017-7-1
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-7-1 01:11

There's an entire video somewhere created by some Engineer and he goes into great detail on why these range extenders/boosters are "snake oil" type products.  
2017-7-1
Use props
OwlPic
lvl.2
United States

Finally got my unit to bind. The problem is first the barcode is not readable. Then the password printing is poor along with bad choice of the font.
Under 30x microscope found: 1) "6" and "9" look like "8"  2) "e" looks like "o"
The fonts are too curved and wrap too far, plus the printing is too heavy.

Agree about buggy software: had it two days and had three software updates "release notes say "bug fixes". Had several software "freezes".

In addition: Spark has too many modes, variations, and exceptions. Been only "flying" with out my propellers or would have had lots of unexpected crashes.

Also surprised how heavy and how hot Spark gets. It seems they even have an internal mechanical fan running on the electronics.

2017-7-1
Use props
OwlPic
lvl.2
United States

OwlPic Posted at 2017-7-1 05:17
Finally got my unit to bind. The problem is first the barcode is not readable. Then the password printing is poor along with bad choice of the font.
Under 30x microscope found: 1) "6" and "9" look like "8"  2) "e" looks like "o"
The fonts are too curved and wrap too far, plus the printing is too heavy.

ALSO, finally found a "hold the Spark power button for 6 seconds", to bind. That did the trick.
2017-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules