Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark won't connect to RC after firmware update!!!
9699 38 2017-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adman1020
New
United Kingdom

Just got my Spark and after being promoted to update the aircraft firmware and then the RC firmware the RC and craft now refuse to pair!

It worked previously, I was controling the camera with the controller, but after the firmware it refuses to pair.

The drone sits there with the front lights red and the read lights flashing rapid yellow, and the RC sits there with a red light. I've tried pairing using holding the craft button for 3 seconds and getting one beep, and holding pause, Fn and C1 on the RC and it beeping as it connects. Nothing happens, they sit there flashing and beeping and never pair.

I can press for 6 seconds on the drone and connect directly with my phone, and I can also connect directly to the RC from my phone, but no matter what I try I cannot get the controller to connect to the RC.

I'm pretty sure it's the RC firmware that's broke it as it worked when just the craft was updated. It flashes green when pairing suggesting it's worked but it's not. Is there a way to hard reset the RC and drone?
2017-6-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about that, would you please connect the drone to PC and run assistant, reset it to factory default or refresh the firmware then check again?
2017-7-1
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-1 00:57
Sorry to hear about that, would you please connect the drone to PC and run assistant, reset it to factory default or refresh the firmware then check again?

Wouldn´t make any difference. He got delivered a faulty Spark like mine .......... Do You really think that DJI customers having paid a hell of a money for an overprized an faulty product do have the time to focus on hours and days to try to make their Spark fly  ? In which universe are You living ? Better deliver products that underwent a full quality-control. Spark is a worse nightmare than my Mavic Pro, which gets worse with every "update" ...... (Just FYI: "update" means  to improve things, not to add more complications).
2017-7-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Adman, to locate the issue, may we know how you upgraded the firmware? Did you connect remote, aircraft and APP together then upgrade firmware via APP?
Please connect aircraft to Assistant 2 and export the data from black box then upload the file to Dropbox and post the link here for further analysis, thank you in advance!
Black box.png
2017-7-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-7-1 01:00
Wouldn´t make any difference. He got delivered a faulty Spark like mine .......... Do You really think that DJI customers having paid a hell of a money for an overprized an faulty product do have the time to focus on hours and days to try to make their Spark fly  ? In which universe are You living ? Better deliver products that underwent a full quality-control. Spark is a worse nightmare than my Mavic Pro, which gets worse with every "update" ...... (Just FYI: "update" means  to improve things, not to add more complications).

We are sorry for the situation you're faced with, we care much about your experience on our products and want to help you out if there are any problems during normal use.
It's highly appreciated if you could provide us the info as I mentioned above at your most convenience, which is very helpful for us to locate where the problem exists and try to resolve it.
Thank you in advance!
2017-7-1
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-1 01:50
We are sorry for the situation you're faced with, we care much about your experience on our products and want to help you out if there are any problems during normal use.
It's highly appreciated if you could provide us the info as I mentioned above at your most convenience, which is very helpful for us to locate where the problem exists and try to resolve it.
Thank you in advance!

Don´t be sorry, change company policy and deliver fully working products that underwent FULL CHECK of  proper functionality as advertised BEFORE delivery (it is called "quality control") ........... I send my defective Spark back for full refund. Have enough to do to get my Mavic Pro flying with crappy DJI GO 4 without losing it inflight and since December 2016 I always get promises from You that things will improve but they get worse.................. I wonder if any of these reports here find their way to "engineers" .................
2017-7-1
Use props
Adman1020
New
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-1 01:44
Adman, to locate the issue, may we know how you upgraded the firmware? Did you connect remote, aircraft and APP together then upgrade firmware via APP?
Please connect aircraft to Assistant 2 and export the data from black box then upload the file to Dropbox and post the link here for further analysis, thank you in advance!
[view_image]

I have manually updated, downgraded and factory reset the Spark and also manually updated and downgraded the RC. Nothing works. I have upgraded through the App and also through Assistant2. The Spark and the RC are now back on the base firmware they came with and still wont work.

I can connect to the Spark directly from my phone, and I can connect to the RC from my phone, but I cannot get the devices to pair no matter what option I take.
2017-7-1
Use props
Adman1020
New
United Kingdom

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-7-1 02:14
Don´t be sorry, change company policy and deliver fully working products that underwent FULL CHECK of  proper functionality as advertised BEFORE delivery (it is called "quality control") ........... I send my defective Spark back for full refund. Have enough to do to get my Mavic Pro flying with crappy DJI GO 4 without losing it inflight and since December 2016 I always get promises from You that things will improve but they get worse.................. I wonder if any of these reports here find their way to "engineers" .................

Dude, I get your angry, but if your not going to help can you shout at DJI elsewhere? Thanks.
2017-7-1
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Adman1020 Posted at 2017-7-1 03:46
I have manually updated, downgraded and factory reset the Spark and also manually updated and downgraded the RC. Nothing works. I have upgraded through the App and also through Assistant2. The Spark and the RC are now back on the base firmware they came with and still wont work.

I can connect to the Spark directly from my phone, and I can connect to the RC from my phone, but I cannot get the devices to pair no matter what option I take.

but I cannot get the devices to pair no matter what option I take.  Not sure what is meant by this.
2017-7-1
Use props
Adman1020
New
United Kingdom

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-1 03:48
but I cannot get the devices to pair no matter what option I take.  Not sure what is meant by this.

The Spark won't pair with the RC. You can trigger pairing by selecting the option to start to pair in the App when connected to the RC and then pressing and holding the button on the Spark for 3 seconds until a single beep, or by holding Fn, Pause and C1 on the RC to put it in pairing mode and again holding the button on the Spark for 3 seconds.

What should happen is after a short while they pair. But mine don't they just sit there with the controller beeping and the Spark flashing yellow constantly and never pair.
2017-7-1
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Adman1020 Posted at 2017-7-1 03:55
The Spark won't pair with the RC. You can trigger pairing by selecting the option to start to pair in the App when connected to the RC and then pressing and holding the button on the Spark for 3 seconds until a single beep, or by holding Fn, Pause and C1 on the RC to put it in pairing mode and again holding the button on the Spark for 3 seconds.

What should happen is after a short while they pair. But mine don't they just sit there with the controller beeping and the Spark flashing yellow constantly and never pair.

That seems to be a common theme lately.
2017-7-1
Use props
Adman1020
New
United Kingdom

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-1 04:05
That seems to be a common theme lately.

Is there a fix? Currently arranging to send it back but DJI support don't seem to work weekends...
2017-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Adman1020 Posted at 2017-7-1 04:05
Is there a fix? Currently arranging to send it back but DJI support don't seem to work weekends...

Have you got phone on airplane mode, I found this helps with connection. I'm using iPhone 7.
2017-7-1
Use props
Adman1020
New
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-1 04:08
Have you got phone on airplane mode, I found this helps with connection. I'm using iPhone 7.

Having the phone involved makes no difference.

Spark to Phone in mobile device mode works fine.
RC to Phone in Remote Controller mode works fine.

But nothing I try will get the Spark and RC to pair. You can do that with or without the phone and neither work. My Fly More combo wasnt paired when it arrived so I'm concluding it never worked.
2017-7-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Adman1020 Posted at 2017-7-1 04:22
Having the phone involved makes no difference.

Spark to Phone in mobile device mode works fine.

Sorry about that, it seems it needs to be sent in for evaluation.
It's appreciated if you could export the data from black box, so I can forwarded it to our engineers for a further analysis.
2017-7-2
Use props
fansa2d40202
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48993 ft
Germany

Got mine today. same problem. Not sure if i sent it in for repair or for refund, its soo disappointing...
2017-7-3
Use props
Z2aSsqaTEVxn
lvl.2
United States

I had the same issue where my controller wouldn't pair with the Spark when I had no issues before.  I tried re-pairing but failed miserably mutiple times.  However I was able to resolve it.  Instead of following the usual directions of holding down the power button on the down for the two beeps, I waited for the single beep and paired it then.  Worked like a charm and it worked for my brothers Spark as well.  Hope this helps someone.
2017-7-3
Use props
fans45d2beda
New
United States

I tried all of the methods above with no results. This youtube video did it for me, now I have it paired to the remote and after it's paired with the spark, I plug in my ipad mini with the Go 4 app and the app is hardwired to the controller. Very good control with this method. Hope it works for you as well as it did for me.
2017-7-8
Use props
fans6b48569a
New
Flight distance : 387 ft
United Arab Emirates

I have tried all of these fixes and nothing is working.  I need help.  It's frustrating seeing how easy it should be, but I just keep getting a loud green light flashing on the remote.
2017-7-29
Use props
Hady Esta
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55627 ft
Lebanon

i am having the same issue here
after binding my spark with my mobile , i am not able to bind it again with the C2 remote control
2017-8-7
Use props
Koshen_Bz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11877 ft
Ukraine

Can't pair to RC too! Help!
2017-8-13
Use props
Ragheed
New
Flight distance : 1860 ft
Lebanon

Here's a step by step solution.
Screenshot_20170824-160357.jpg
2017-8-24
Use props
Patricio Michel
New

Mexico

Got my Spark today. Same thing. Updated all firmware via iOS DJI Go 4.0 app. No luck binding them.
2017-11-15
Use props
Patricio Michel
New

Mexico

App version is 4.1.17
2017-11-15
Use props
Patricio Michel
New

Mexico

So I did three things wich solved it for me:
I reset the drone to defaults (restored it to the original wifi name and password)
I did a firmware refresh (not downgrade) connecting the Spark to my PC
and then I tried linking the RC to the Spark manually (no mobile phone app, just the three button thing) again but i got farther away from the spot where i was working (really close to my WiFi hotspot), as I am guessing Wi-Fi interference may be part of the trouble (so basically you could just try linking them in a different location first, just to be sure). And it worked on the first try!
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Patricio Michel Posted at 2017-11-15 17:10
So I did three things wich solved it for me:
I reset the drone to defaults (restored it to the original wifi name and password)
I did a firmware refresh (not downgrade) connecting the Spark to my PC

Glad you solve the problem. You can open airplane mode to reduce the wifi interference.
2017-11-15
Use props
pampa
lvl.1

Ukraine

Had the same issue with spark. What worked for me after talking to DJI support: when you reset spark's wifi settings with 3 beeps (holding power for ~9 seconds) turn it off immediately once you start seeing spark LEDs blinking green! Don't wait and just turn it off once it starts blinking green. Then, when you turn it on again, give it a few seconds to warm up and start, and hold power for 3 seconds. After that controller pairs to drone no prob in a standard way (3 buttons pressed at the same time). works like a charm.
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

pampa Posted at 2017-11-15 22:39
Had the same issue with spark. What worked for me after talking to DJI support: when you reset spark's wifi settings with 3 beeps (holding power for ~9 seconds) turn it off immediately once you start seeing spark LEDs blinking green! Don't wait and just turn it off once it starts blinking green. Then, when you turn it on again, give it a few seconds to warm up and start, and hold power for 3 seconds. After that controller pairs to drone no prob in a standard way (3 buttons pressed at the same time). works like a charm.

Did you use Android phone? Please note that some Android system only support 2.4G. You can use IOS phone to change it into 2.4G. Anyway glad you solve the problem.
2017-11-16
Use props
pampa
lvl.1

Ukraine

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-16 01:49
Did you use Android phone? Please note that some Android system only support 2.4G. You can use IOS phone to change it into 2.4G. Anyway glad you solve the problem.

well, I suppose main challenge here is to pair spark to RC (which doesn't work for many users) while question of connecting RC to phone is rather out of scope.
2017-11-16
Use props
sibu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-2 23:53
Sorry about that, it seems it needs to be sent in for evaluation.
It's appreciated if you could export the data from black box, so I can forwarded it to our engineers for a further analysis.

Mine also had a problem after the latest firmware update. In fact all the three  gets connected after a lot of trial and error method.
Do you have a proper sequence for the link between RC and SPARK  and android phone ( Samsung Note 5)
For mine I can't get the mobile linked to RC !!it is unable to see the RC Wifi name in the phone.   It used to work very fine earlier.  I  switched OFF the bluetooth, kept on Airplane mode and switched OFF the router in my room !
2017-11-16
Use props
pampa
lvl.1

Ukraine

sibu Posted at 2017-11-16 04:57
Mine also had a problem after the latest firmware update. In fact all the three  gets connected after a lot of trial and error method.
Do you have a proper sequence for the link between RC and SPARK  and android phone ( Samsung Note 5)
For mine I can't get the mobile linked to RC !!it is unable to see the RC Wifi name in the phone.   It used to work very fine earlier.  I  switched OFF the bluetooth, kept on Airplane mode and switched OFF the router in my room !

this is because your RC has switched wifi frequency to be 5Ghz (because of local regulations) and your phone only supports 2.5Ghz so it can't see RCs wifi. simplest solution would be to try another phone. Usually iPhones work quite well with 5Ghz wifi
2017-11-16
Use props
akbarmarwan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3728438 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

same problem
already test the solution abone, but none make it work
2017-11-19
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Kuwait

Note 5 works on both 2.4GHz and 5 GHz
2017-12-7
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Kuwait

i have understood how this relinking problem happens and i know how to create this problem..
2017-12-15
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Kuwait

pampa Posted at 2017-11-16 10:15
this is because your RC has switched wifi frequency to be 5Ghz (because of local regulations) and your phone only supports 2.5Ghz so it can't see RCs wifi. simplest solution would be to try another phone. Usually iPhones work quite well with 5Ghz wifi

if phone doesnt support 2.4 ghz, why did it link in the first place !
2017-12-15
Use props
Taher Karaki
lvl.1

Lebanon

The trick that did it for me was to shut off the aircraft instantly after resetting the aircraft by pressing and holding the battery button for 9 seconds until you hear the 3 beeps. Then instantly shut off the aircraft. After that turn on the aircraft and link it using hardware buttons on the remote. Good luck!!!
2017-12-26
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Kuwait

Taher Karaki Posted at 2017-12-26 08:52
The trick that did it for me was to shut off the aircraft instantly after resetting the aircraft by pressing and holding the battery button for 9 seconds until you hear the 3 beeps. Then instantly shut off the aircraft. After that turn on the aircraft and link it using hardware buttons on the remote. Good luck!!!

Yep, you are right. I actually learned this method a few weeks ago from another member.
Probably this is the only method by which RC and mobile can link sucessfully.
I have posted the same guideline to other members in this forum.
2017-12-28
Use props
jfredrickson
lvl.1
United States

I'm stuck on this same problem, lost the link between my Spark and the controller and I can't seem to reset it. The problem for me is that when I press and hold the power button on my drone, I never get a beep. Not after 3 seconds, 6 seconds or 9 seconds. So it seems I can't get the drone to go into linking mode.

I've tried connecting it to the DJI Assistant app on my Macbook but it just doesn't show up in the app. I restarted my computer after installing it and then connected the Spark to the computer via USB and turned it on, but nothing shows up in the app.

Is there any other way I can connect to the drone to reset it so that I can get it to go into linking mode?

Linking seems to be activating just fine on the controller, it's just the drone that isn't activating.

I was flying it fine today until I tried using a new battery, so it sounds like maybe I just need to update the firmware on the new battery, but I can't connect to the drone to do that. It won't even work on the old battery. It's completely unlinked and I can't connect to it to relink it :/
2018-1-23
Use props
fans8fd52d77
lvl.1

United States

I hit a little limb and messed up my humble and I got of DJI about my Spark. I was very impressed about their service but they told me after the fact that I should of sent my RC with it you can’t do what they tell you I have been on iTunes trying for 3 days hours on end and will not link or pair and it does everything it should when going threw pairing but it just won pair. So I guess here we go again. I guess I will have to send in all in so I can get a newer version of my RC. My time is money so sent me a return tag so I can’t send it all back. Please from now on tell people what the have to send back ! This bull ... ! I told my wife the won’t fix it they will send ma a different one and it won’t work as good as mine did and sure enough you sent me a brand new one with updates but it probably won’t be as good. Why didn’t you tell me to send it all! So sent me a UPS return tag and I’ll send it all. Don’t get me wrong it’s a great drone I have had this for years and no problems at all
2021-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules