We need a programmable ActiveTrack mode (Trace+Profile)
809 2 2017-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rick bernotas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 194944 ft
United States

Hey DJI, it would be nice to have a programmable ActiveTrack mode.

I'd love to be able to start the Spark out in ActiveTrack Trace mode, then set it to circle at a certain rate for a certain period of time (let's say 20-30 seconds or whatever you want), and then when it hits the profile of its subject after the time elapses, it automatically switches to Profile mode for the rest of the video.

And also the other way around, where you have it start in Profile mode, run for a set amount of time, and then switch to Trace Mode with a preset circle rate.

I basically want to have it switch between the modes without having to fiddle with my phone in the middle.

The kind of shot I am thinking of is something like where I might be kayaking down a river, and I want to have it start out in Profile to get the motion of the kayak down the river.  Then it automatically switches to Trace mode and starts circling, so that your video ends up with these great panning shots of your surroundings after you got yourself moving in profile.  Same could go for hiking, MTB, 4x4, surfing, etc.
2017-6-30
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not a bad idea
2017-6-30
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
United Kingdom

Sounds good and dangerous at the same time.
2017-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules