Fan levels, wifi issue after firmware update: Is this normal?
676 3 2017-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2c68edc8
New
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Firstly sorry if this has already been asked but I'm quite concerned with my newly aquired Spark.

Turned it on and updated firmware without issue, restarted couple of time in the process but all was good.
I noticed early on that the Spark was making quite a bit of fan noise and I wasn't expecting that to happen that early without any flying action going on.

Now following my update, restarted manually the Spark won't even show up any Wifi for me to hook on. Neither my laptop nor my phone can get a hold of it. Tried restarting several times already.

It is currently blinking with yellow lights at the back about 3 tilts per seconds with fixed red lights at the front. Any feedback on my experience? What's the next step for me to do there ? Has this been seen before ?

Cheers,
Geoff
2017-6-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It's normal for fan to come on when started, have you entered password for spark wifi or remote control wifi?
2017-6-30
Use props
fans2c68edc8
New
United Kingdom

Good to know about the fans, thanks - i was just suprised at how intense it was and how my drone was still heating up when idle.

So I actually connected in the first place, then updated the Spark with the Go app. After update and reboot, the wifi disappeared. I proceeded with a re-update via DJI Assistant, but nothing changed. Now downgrading to starting version, will see if it makes any difference. I checked and Wifi settings were not touched.
2017-6-30
Use props
fans2c68edc8
New
United Kingdom

So had another look and seems that this is the issue tracked in https://forum.dji.com/thread-100550-1-1.html which I managed to get around. That's a bit flaky that one needs to go through this at every boot but better this than having to go through a repair cycle.

2017-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules