Is there a gimbal clamp for the Spark?
2713 5 2017-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9777acc2
New
Australia

It looks like the Mavic has a gimbal clamp accessory - I presume to prevent it from unnecessary movement while being carried around between flights. Is there an equivalent for the Spark? Is it needed? I'd like to know it's nice and secure when running with it in a backpack.
2017-6-30
Use props
Nixtoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United Kingdom

There's a couple of 3D printed ones floating around on line, but they look a little crude. Not something I'd want to shove on a £500+ device. I'm hoping more things will come out soon. At this rate they may even be available before I get my Spark.
2017-6-30
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
United Kingdom

I think if DJI did not include the accessory then it probably not crucial. Mavic has 3 axis gimbal which will be affected by movement more than 2 axis gimbal on Spark. From previous posts I also read that Spark included storage box already has a cut out for the gimbal so it acts to prevent the gimbal from moving too. Unless if you plan to toss your Spark in a bag without the storage box, you do not need a gimbal clamp.
2017-7-1
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lok Mavic Posted at 2017-7-1 01:30
I think if DJI did not include the accessory then it probably not crucial. Mavic has 3 axis gimbal which will be affected by movement more than 2 axis gimbal on Spark. From previous posts I also read that Spark included storage box already has a cut out for the gimbal so it acts to prevent the gimbal from moving too. Unless if you plan to toss your Spark in a bag without the storage box, you do not need a gimbal clamp.

I agree...also the gimbal on the Spark seems to be more recessed within the body of the drone, thus it doesn't just dangle like the other DJI platforms
2017-7-1
Use props
mzak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12270 ft
Singapore

There is a 3rd party one on AliExpress and Amazon.
2017-7-1
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just ordered the clamp/protector via Amazon
https://go.redirectingat.com/?id ... zone%2F&xtz=240
2017-7-1
Use props
Advanced