DJI Spark (so far pretty good)
804 1 2017-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FluxSine
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65157 ft
United States

I was greeted today with my DJI lava combo.
Love the packaging. Quick and easy setup with only 1 hiccup... so I thought, I unpacked everything hooked my 3 battery's into the charger and began the process of waiting. While waiting I read the manuals but must have glanced passed the part that says dont try to charge 3 batteries and the remote at the same time. I came back to find my batteries not charging and a red light on the charger... uh oh...
No matter what I tried from then on 1 battery, 2, or even 3 the charger would blink Green twice and then go solid red. I was a little worried but thought "well crap, I guess I fried my charger, I'll try charging a battery in the drone" plugged it in and the charging indicator came on so I then tried with the others and thought hooray'at least my batteries aren't  junk.
I didn't really want to wait forever on the drone charging and thought maybe the charger will work now, sure enough it worked after I had used the drone, I think it reset the batteries in some way. So note to self don't try charging the controller and three batteries at the same time.
After all the batteries were charged the fun was ready to commence. Plugged the battery in, powered the drone on and then followed the rc instructions pushed pause+function+custom and guess what... nothing happened. So I then held the drone battery button for 9 seconds, connected to its wifi spot in iPhone, launched dji go 4 app and... updated flight zones.. then updated drone firmware...that was fun had to swap back to home wifi, download new firmware which got to 100% and froze. So I force quit the app, reconnected to the spark wifi, and launched the dji go app, the firmware was there and started updating the drone. That took its sweet time and eventually finished. Ready to fly right? Nope, had to connect the remote now. Opened the Dji app found my way to the menu for connecting remote and followed onscreen instructions, powered on the remote by by clicking power once, twice and holding for 3 seconds, not pause+func+custom. Then connected to remote wifi in settings.
Still not paired to drone, clicked on remote link and had to put the drone into linking mode and rc, eventually connected hooray time to fly.... nope, I was then asked to update rc firmware. Finally firmware on both drone and controller updated,It was time to fly.
I took the drone into nearest park and proceeded to have fun flying in beginner mode, although at this point it was 9pm so didn't get much flying in. I did notice flying away from the sun was good at sunset,but flying towards sun was really dark.
So far had a lot of fun and looking forward to future flights. Initial setup was a little cumbersome.
2017-6-30
Use props
FluxSine
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65157 ft
United States

First flight short video using dji go app. A little loud, next time I'll manually adjust volume.
2017-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules