Samsung S7 edge does not connect to Spark. [Bug and Workaround]
3110 7 2017-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0871d2d3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70804 ft
Netherlands

My standard Samsung S7 edge does not connect to my phone, The phone does not see the SSID.
My Ipad and windows laptop see the SSID and conect perfectly.  The DJI GO app on the ipad works fine with the Spark.
The phone connects with wifi of the Remote controller and then work great. It connects for example on channel 149 5.8G

[Workaround]
When I press the power button for 9 seconds, I hear three beeps and then the phone sees the SSID of the Spark and then I can connect.
When I check the DJI go app it seems my phone does not see the 5.8 any channels. It works on 2.4, I can even select the channel and save it.

[Bug]
Even when I save a 2.4 channel, the Spark does not save it for next time. When I do a power off and on ......
I have to repeat the same 9 seconds drill and wait for the SSID to show up.
Also when I I wan to use the remote again, it also needs the 3 second push to relink it.

[Phone]
Standard S7 Edge European version, latest Android update.

Thanks for fixing this.
Regards,
Frank

2017-7-1
Use props
fabustio\
New
Spain

I have the same problem: same mobile and cannot see mavic SSID. I press power button on the battery for more than 9 secs but nothing happens
2017-7-1
Use props
Jack_Sweeney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634692 ft
United States

You guys should be using a otg cable for connection to your phone if using the Remote controller
2017-7-1
Use props
fans8028c9d6
lvl.1
Montenegro

USB OTG cable between Spark's RC and phone doesn't work, I've tested.
2017-7-2
Use props
fans8028c9d6
lvl.1
Montenegro

I think, the problem is not in Samsung S7. I have the same - all works good till update. I think that problem in local restrictions on WiFi frequencies.
2017-7-2
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

fans8028c9d6 Posted at 2017-7-2 09:09
USB OTG cable between Spark's RC and phone doesn't work, I've tested.

It does. Try a different OTG. Do you have the OTG dongle from your S7 Edge? That works.
2017-7-2
Use props
fans8028c9d6
lvl.1
Montenegro

I've try to use cable from Mavic's RC...
2017-7-2
Use props
fans8028c9d6
lvl.1
Montenegro

Thank you, Jack Sweeney  and Ken-W! Really OTG cable works. I try anather time - and found - first the Spark must be connected to RC and only after it RC must be connected to phone.
2017-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules