RC, binding, and flying with smartphone - no more guessing!
1222 6 2017-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I have a Spark that's bound to the RC from the Fly More bundle. Love it.

But i don't actually need to use the RC all the time. There are times when all I want to do is to whip it out, PalmLaunch, use one of the Intellogent Flight modes / Gesture control to take a selfie photo/video, then land.

The question - do I have to unbind and rebind the Spark each time I want to do this?

The answer (in part) - No.

If I power on the aircraft with the RC switched off, i can do a PalmLaunch, make the gesture for a photo to be taken, and a photo is taken. And I can PalmLand. All without a connection to my smartphone (an iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5S, Samsung Galaxy S8+). I wasn't able to control the aircraft with gestures (i did the test at 11.30 pm in a bedroom, prop guards on, obviously) and perhaps it was experiencing some sort of error (front obstacle sensing was on) and therefore refused to respond.

However, I have noticed that as long as the aircraft is bound to the RC, it will not broadcast its SSID, therefore it is not possible to control the aircraft without unbinding the RC.

Hope this helps anyone else who might be wondering the same
2017-7-1
Use props
P.siewhoon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53248 ft
Singapore

I think once u switched off the RC, the spark should start to broadcast its ssid. This binding and unwinding got me confused as well!!
2017-7-1
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

P.siewhoon Posted at 2017-7-1 07:51
I think once u switched off the RC, the spark should start to broadcast its ssid. This binding and unwinding got me confused as well!!

That's what I thought too, but nope. No SSID found on both iPhones!
2017-7-1
Use props
P.siewhoon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53248 ft
Singapore

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-1 07:52
That's what I thought too, but nope. No SSID found on both iPhones!

U can try the unbind....hold and wait for 2 beeps on the aircraft.
2017-7-1
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

P.siewhoon Posted at 2017-7-1 07:59
U can try the unbind....hold and wait for 2 beeps on the aircraft.

Yep. As I mentioned in my post, users will have to unbind the RC in order to connect the Spark to a smartphone.
2017-7-1
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

You do not have to unbind the RC in order to use Gestures to control the Spark.  Palm Launch/Landing, gesture moves and selfie commands should work as advertised without the RC and/or unbinding it from the Spark.
2017-7-1
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Jimmers Posted at 2017-7-1 09:04
You do not have to unbind the RC in order to use Gestures to control the Spark.  Palm Launch/Landing, gesture moves and selfie commands should work as advertised without the RC and/or unbinding it from the Spark.

This is correct. it is only when connecting the smartphone to the Spark (e.g. to use Dronie, Helix, Rocket, etc) that it needs to be unbound
2017-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules