Remote control issue
3971 29 2017-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd1d5ccee
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118540 ft
United States

So after the past couple days with the spark. I was using it today in an open field and kept getting my rc connection lost. Not sure what the issue is with the rc but after flying for about a minute the light goes red on the rc and the spark returns to home. I bought that hard wire cable so everything turned off on my phone and in airport mode. The wifi on my iPhone works great with the spark and as for now a lot better then the rc. I think this may just need a firmware update. Ps I went to other locations around town.
Thoughts?
2017-7-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

To locate where the problem persists and find the solution, would you please export the data from black box?
Please download the Assistant 2 from DJI official Spark website page, install it then connect the drone to PC and run Assistant 2, you can get the file, upload it to Dropbox and post the link here, thanks in advance! Black box.png
2017-7-4
Use props
Byrd's Loft
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48320 ft
United States

Mine is losing connection between the RC controller and the Spark as well.  I've flow it with the Andriod smartphone connected to the RC Controller via the WiFi connection and also with an OTG cable.  Once DJI Go app says 'aircraft disconnected' I cannot regain control with the RC controller.  I have not tried to hard reboot the controller as mentioned in another thread (power button and pause?).  Most recently I had to hand capture the Spark which was hovering at 12 inches above ground and remove its battery or I guess I could have waited for it to drain down and land, but it wasn't in a great spot for landing and definitely had not returned to home.  fortunately I was flying in close proximity so I could get to it.
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Byrd's Loft Posted at 2017-7-5 18:13
Mine is losing connection between the RC controller and the Spark as well.  I've flow it with the Andriod smartphone connected to the RC Controller via the WiFi connection and also with an OTG cable.  Once DJI Go app says 'aircraft disconnected' I cannot regain control with the RC controller.  I have not tried to hard reboot the controller as mentioned in another thread (power button and pause?).  Most recently I had to hand capture the Spark which was hovering at 12 inches above ground and remove its battery or I guess I could have waited for it to drain down and land, but it wasn't in a great spot for landing and definitely had not returned to home.  fortunately I was flying in close proximity so I could get to it.

Would you please export the flight log and data from black box firstly? You can contact online chat support to get a case number.
Please download the Assistant 2 from DJI official Spark website page, install it.
Connect the drone to your PC, run Assistant 2, then click "black box", you can get the file.
Then click "Upload Data--Confirm", choose the log which showing the accident, and export it.
Please upload both files to Dropbox and post the link here so we can help you analyzed the data. Besides, please let me know your case number after you get that, thanks.
2017-7-6
Use props
Byrd's Loft
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-6 01:51
Would you please export the flight log and data from black box firstly? You can contact online chat support to get a case number.
Please download the Assistant 2 from DJI official Spark website page, install it.
Connect the drone to your PC, run Assistant 2, then click "black box", you can get the file.

Yes I will do that this evening.
2017-7-6
Use props
ndot
New
Flight distance : 17077 ft
United States

I'm having the same RC issue.  The light goes red after a few minutes of flying and I lose control. It also left my drone stuck hovering over the ground and I had to grab it in air and pull the battery, kind of scary. It happens regardless of where I am, even when only a few feet from the drone.
2017-7-6
Use props
Byrd's Loft
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-6 01:51

The files you requested are available at:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hhhht ... Ojsloj9kWUngza?dl=0

Per your DJI Online Support and chatted with Mike who referred me to the repair center weblink to initiate a return, but he did not issue me a case #.  I assume I get one there if I request a product warranty return.

So am I to send the unit back to you for repair now or is DJI wanting to see the data files first before I send it back?
2017-7-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Byrd's Loft Posted at 2017-7-6 17:57
The files you requested are available at:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hhhhtbiscxijlka/AAAudnnfP2WOjsloj9kWUngza?dl=0

Thank you for the data, I have forwarded it to the engineers for analysis.
May I know did you get the case number finally? I will let you know the result once I hear from them, appreciate your patience!
2017-7-7
Use props
Byrd's Loft
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-7 04:16
Thank you for the data, I have forwarded it to the engineers for analysis.
May I know did you get the case number finally? I will let you know the result once I hear from them, appreciate your patience!

No I have not gotten a case number. I was told by Mike in support  that that the only way to get one was to send the hardware back to DJI.  Should I send it back to DJI for repair?
2017-7-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Byrd's Loft Posted at 2017-7-7 06:04
No I have not gotten a case number. I was told by Mike in support  that that the only way to get one was to send the hardware back to DJI.  Should I send it back to DJI for repair?

I have not heard from the engineers about the analysis result recently, will get back to you once I get the confirmation, appreciate your patience!
2017-7-7
Use props
Byrd's Loft
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-7 18:48
I have not heard from the engineers about the analysis result recently, will get back to you once I get the confirmation, appreciate your patience!

I want to add that, as pointed out in another thread (Spark disconnecting midflight), the disconnect happened to me on my second battery flight as well.  Please consider if there is a memory leak or other time based failure within the RC code that causes the controller to crash after it's been active more than 15 minutes.  I will test the Spark today using phone only control with multiple batteries while keeping it very nearby for safety and see if it disconnects.
2017-7-8
Use props
Byrd's Loft
lvl.2
United States

Update: I just flew the Spark for about 20 minutes using the phone as the controller and drained two full battieries with NO loss of control or video signal. I also switched to gesture mode a few times. This seems to indicate, to me, that the disconnect glitch is in the remote controller and not the Spark itself or the Go4 Android app. If this is the case, doesn't this mean the black box data from the Spark is unlikely to reveal the anomaly? So is there any diagnostic information that can be retrieved from the controller?
2017-7-8
Use props
Byrd's Loft
lvl.2
United States

2nd flight of the day: started with RC controller and OTG cable to phone. Lost connection to Spark after a few minutes. Restarted controller and do not get video feed back (possibly because OTG cable was already plugged). Switched to sport mode and regained control. Flew to a good spot and landed. Turned off controller, reset Spark to mobile phone control and flew flawlessly through that battery and another. So I am even more convinced that it is not the Spark, but the RC Controller that's flaking out.
2017-7-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Byrd's Loft Posted at 2017-7-8 16:49
2nd flight of the day: started with RC controller and OTG cable to phone. Lost connection to Spark after a few minutes. Restarted controller and do not get video feed back (possibly because OTG cable was already plugged). Switched to sport mode and regained control. Flew to a good spot and landed. Turned off controller, reset Spark to mobile phone control and flew flawlessly through that battery and another. So I am even more convinced that it is not the Spark, but the RC Controller that's flaking out.

Thank you very much for the test.
May I have both the data from black box and the flight log for your test with controller connected?
To get the flight log, run Assistant 2, click on "Upload data--Confirm", choose the correct logs then save them. Thank you very much.
2017-7-10
Use props
Byrd's Loft
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-10 01:50
May I have both the data from black box and the flight log for your test with controller connected?
To get the flight log, run Assistant 2, click on "Upload data--Confirm", choose the correct logs then save them. Thank you very much.

Yes I will upload the latest information.

What were the results the engineer analysis of my last upload?
2017-7-10
Use props
Byrd's Loft
lvl.2
United States

I'd really like an answer back from my first data submit as there has been ample time for DJI to review it.  I will post the 2nd test data but am losing trust in the Spark/RC and unless DJI can communicate a solution quickly I will need to return it since it doesn't work properly. Please let me know what DJI response is to this problem.
Thank you.
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Byrd's Loft Posted at 2017-7-10 15:34
I'd really like an answer back from my first data submit as there has been ample time for DJI to review it.  I will post the 2nd test data but am losing trust in the Spark/RC and unless DJI can communicate a solution quickly I will need to return it since it doesn't work properly. Please let me know what DJI response is to this problem.
Thank you.

I have asked them to analyze it soon and will come back to you, appreciate your patience!
2017-7-11
Use props
Byrd's Loft
lvl.2
United States

As requested, please find my latest upload in the drobox folder:

I anxiously await a response from DJI on this problem of the RC controller dropping connection to the Spark.

Thanks, Mike
2017-7-11
Use props
cwe0002
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84117 ft
United States

Byrd's Loft Posted at 2017-7-8 09:26
Update: I just flew the Spark for about 20 minutes using the phone as the controller and drained two full battieries with NO loss of control or video signal. I also switched to gesture mode a few times. This seems to indicate, to me, that the disconnect glitch is in the remote controller and not the Spark itself or the Go4 Android app. If this is the case, doesn't this mean the black box data from the Spark is unlikely to reveal the anomaly? So is there any diagnostic information that can be retrieved from the controller?

I've had the same experience documented in the other thread. Perfect performance for 2 weeks using the iPhone and once my RC arrived, nothing but disconnects and sketchy landings. I am no longer confident flying it.
2017-7-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Byrd's Loft Posted at 2017-7-11 18:33
As requested, please find my latest upload in the drobox folder:

Thank you very much about that, I received your message and forwarded the info to engineers, will help you handle it soon.
Please let us know if the performance will be improved after upgrading.
2017-7-12
Use props
rickysuperdog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

I thought I was normal. Every time I take photo continuously it will lose signal.....  Download photos and video always cannot complete.... I thought it was normal......
2017-7-12
Use props
Byrd's Loft
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-12 18:21
Thank you very much about that, I received your message and forwarded the info to engineers, will help you handle it soon.
Please let us know if the performance will be improved after upgrading.

Thank you. I have upgraded the RC firmware and will retest soon then provide feedback of my results.
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Byrd's Loft Posted at 2017-7-12 20:25
Thank you. I have upgraded the RC firmware and will retest soon then provide feedback of my results.

Thank you, waiting to hear about your feedback.
2017-7-13
Use props
wobbles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-4 17:59
To locate where the problem persists and find the solution, would you please export the data from black box?
Please download the Assistant 2 from DJI official Spark website page, install it then connect the drone to PC and run Assistant 2, you can get the file, upload it to Dropbox and post the link here, thanks in advance![view_image]

i am using mac and cant see the black box part?
2017-7-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

wobbles Posted at 2017-7-13 04:27
i am using mac and cant see the black box part?

Can you upload a screenshot here about what you can see when trying to run Assistant 2?
2017-7-13
Use props
wobbles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i sorted it out i unistalled it from mac and reinstalled again and it is all there now !! weired ..but working

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 16.29.21.png
2017-7-13
Use props
Byrd's Loft
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-7-13 04:18
Thank you, waiting to hear about your feedback.

I posted my feedback in the other thread:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=855787
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

wobbles Posted at 2017-7-13 07:27
i sorted it out i unistalled it from mac and reinstalled again and it is all there now !! weired ..but working

Glad to know you worked it out,
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Byrd's Loft Posted at 2017-7-17 19:50
I posted my feedback in the other thread:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=104462&pid=872489&fromuid=855787

Thank you, will reply you there.
2017-7-18
Use props
Eric Thomas
lvl.1

United States

I have a spark drone that I bought off of local person here in town. The drone  Ha never been flown that I know of . The guy told me that he   Had activated it. I Can connect  to the Remote control just fine but when it comes to resetting the spark by pushing the button on the battery for 9 seconds Or for 6 seconds Or 3 Seconds, It doesn't beep or do anything. So now  I have this  drone that I bought   And now I  Can't even fly it. The Wi-Fi never shows up for the spark just the remote control. Can somebody please please please tell me how to fix this
2019-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules