Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC lost connection and it performed perfectly
863 2 2017-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, I was flying my red  Sparky today ... and on the second flight with a full battery,  I lost RC connection.

The Spark stopped responding to my commands and the DJI Go 4 App said disconnected in red. I waited to see if the RC would reconnect to the drone , but did not do anything. The Go 4 App popped up a message that it has lost connection to the RC, confirm RTH or cancel. I hit confirm and the Spark flew to the RTH altitude then proceeded to the spot of my take off.  during this time my RC reconnected and gave me the green GPS icon in the App.  I waited to see how close the Spark was to the original take-off point (within inches)  then canceled the landing. Now that was pretty impressive to say the least. So I started to fly away and lost connection again.... (should have stopped while I was ahead right)  so then I waited and the same message popped up but this time I canceled the RTH and wanted to see what happened. This time the RC did not connect again and the drone was just hovering in place. Finally the message popped up to confirm landing and I swiped yes!  

So, the lesson learned is the 5.8 did not give me the distance I was accustom to even though it was a clear channel. If you lost the connection it is best to stop and see why instead of trying to continue flying !!

My Spark has been automatically connecting on 5.8G on start up and now, I change this before flying. Hopefully DJI will give us some options with default frequency and let the user decide the best choice.

All I can say is the Spark preformed perfectly as designed, even when I made a bad decision to continue to fly on a bad frequency.

Thanks DJI

Rich
2017-7-1
Use props
P.siewhoon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53248 ft
Singapore

I lost transmission while flying sparks, based on what you wrote it sounded like Spark will auto prompt for you to RTH? In my panic, I can't remember what I did but thankfully the RC got connected and I quickly go for RTH
2017-7-1
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

P.siewhoon Posted at 2017-7-1 23:56
I lost transmission while flying sparks, based on what you wrote it sounded like Spark will auto prompt for you to RTH? In my panic, I can't remember what I did but thankfully the RC got connected and I quickly go for RTH

Yes, it is very easy to panic when you lose control of your drone. Thankfully everything worked as it should and I had a good experience.

The best thing to do is stay calm and take your time with the situation. This is hard to do (I understand) but fight the urge to get in a hurry.

Rich
2017-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules