Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't upgrade the firmware on my brand new mavic pro
123Next >
9905 93 2017-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Peejay5340
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60797 ft
Australia

Hi from Australia. Like most of the people on this thread, I bought a brand new Mavic Pro just yesterday (26th August). Out of the box, everything appeared to work. I charged the batteries to 100% and then fired it up. First thing it said was "Firmware upgrade required", so I connected to my wifi, and clicked the link. Partway through the upgrade, it said upgrade failed. I tried several times to upgrade. Each one got to 69% and then failed (using the android phone as a connection to the Internet). I then downloaded Assistant 2, connected the drone via USB. It recognised the device, and then showed three versions of the firmware, ending in 1000. I tried the first, and it failed. I tried the last (dated 25th August) and it said it worked. I tried again to fly the drone, but it now says "Cannot take off". If I tap that, it says "firmware version unmatched", then "check for firmware". I have done this through a very stable wifi connection, a direct USB cable connection, and nothing gets me past this point. I am very frustrated, as I have spent a lot of money, and haven't even got this thing to spin the blades, let alone take off. Please help, as I am getting to the point of telling people this machine isn't worth the hassle.
2017-8-25
Use props
Peejay5340
lvl.1
Australia

I just took delivery of this Mavec Pro device. First thing it said after I charged the batteries was it needed to update the firmware. I tried this through my phone with a stable wifi connection. It failed. I tried through Assistant 2 via USB. I said it worked OK, but still this machine has never flown and I am many hundred dollars out of pocket. I don't care about the latest firmware, I just want this thing to fly and take pictures. This is the latest response.
20170826_155808_1.jpg
2017-8-26
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you tried connecting the  controller to the pc via usb and using DJI Assistant 2 to update  it
2017-8-26
Use props
Peejay5340
lvl.1
Australia

lannes Posted at 2017-8-26 00:25
Have you tried connecting the  controller to the pc via usb and using DJI Assistant 2 to update  it

I have plugged the RC to the USB port via Assistant 2, but nothing happened - just the graphic telling me to plug the USB. So, I went back to the app, and it still tells me the firmware versions are out of sync.
2017-8-26
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2076637 ft
Italy

hdoria Posted at 2017-7-2 09:27
Thanks for the support guys.  Just a quick question: Is there a problem to keep my RC with .900 and the AC with .400?

I think not but you should update te AC because if you have for example the DJI care and something bad happen then dji could say to you tha you use an old firmware....
Try to remote the app from the phone and repeat the process of installing the app maybe try to use the QR code on the box for downloading the app, and then once installe repeat the update under good wifi connection and with both the remote and the AC battery fully charged
Hope it helps
2017-8-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Multirotorpodca Posted at 2017-8-22 22:50
Mindy, I would also like to try V01.03.0350. My account is . Mavic refusing to even begin accepting firmware after download in assistant 2. Bind button on aircraft is unresponsive, fans running constantly and .0800, .0900 and newest version all fail.

Tried formatting card, recording before upgrading, reinstalling Assistant 2, and am ready to set it on fire.

Sorry that I just saw your post, I will come back to you on Monday. Thanks.
2017-8-26
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Peejay5340 Posted at 2017-8-26 00:55
I have plugged the RC to the USB port via Assistant 2, but nothing happened - just the graphic telling me to plug the USB. So, I went back to the app, and it still tells me the firmware versions are out of sync.

Connect the RC to the computer, open DJI Assitant 2 , then turn on the controller, you should hear three prompts and then you should see the RC for mavic icon
2017-8-26
Use props
Peejay5340
lvl.1
Australia

lannes Posted at 2017-8-26 02:18
Connect the RC to the computer, open DJI Assitant 2 , then turn on the controller, you should hear three prompts and then you should see the RC for mavic icon

Thank you for your help. That worked, and I was then able to update the RC. It said it updated successfully (to v01.03.1000). I then plugged the AC in via USB and updated that. Interestingly, as it was updating, the version number displayed as 01.03.0400. Anyway, the update said it was successful, but, when I connected the RC to the AC, the phone app still says "Cannot take off" and says there is a firmware mis-match. I am totally baffled that both devices have been updated via Assitant 2, yet the device still will not fly. As you can appreciate, I have spent an entire weekend messing around with this and it hasn't flown 1 inch. Please can someone tell me what I need to do to get these two devices on the same version.
2017-8-26
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Peejay5340 Posted at 2017-8-26 18:14
Thank you for your help. That worked, and I was then able to update the RC. It said it updated successfully (to v01.03.1000). I then plugged the AC in via USB and updated that. Interestingly, as it was updating, the version number displayed as 01.03.0400. Anyway, the update said it was successful, but, when I connected the RC to the AC, the phone app still says "Cannot take off" and says there is a firmware mis-match. I am totally baffled that both devices have been updated via Assitant 2, yet the device still will not fly. As you can appreciate, I have spent an entire weekend messing around with this and it hasn't flown 1 inch. Please can someone tell me what I need to do to get these two devices on the same version.

I assume you have activated the AC

I'd do the AC refresh from the start, that is shut down the DJI Assistant 2 app and open it again etc.
What happened doesn't seem right it should not be 01.03.0400, this is an old upgrade and was released 14/2/17 , which is 5 upgrades behind, you should have a choice to pick V01.03.1000

The firmware mismatch can occur between the intelligent battery and the AC, i'd update all the batteries (once you have done the AC refresh) you have by putting them in the mavic and connecting to the DJI Assistant, ,remember to turn the mavic on as well. You'll then have an option to update them, you have to do this process for each battery

There is also an update to the DJI Go4 app as well the latest versions is IOS 4.1.7 and android is 4.1.5

AC version should be V01.03.1000
RC version should be V01.03.1000
DJI Go4 should be 4.1.7 (ios) or 4.1.5 (android)

2017-8-26
Use props
Peejay5340
lvl.1
Australia

lannes Posted at 2017-8-26 18:50
If your using IOS , there is an update to the DJI Go4 app as well the latest version is 4.1.7, android is 4.1.5

I'd also do the AC refresh from the start, that is shut down the DJI Asssitant 2 app and open it again etc. , remember to turn the mavic on as well

This is the screen from Assistant after updating the AC.
2017-8-26
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Peejay5340 Posted at 2017-8-26 19:26
This is the screen from Assistant after updating the AC.[view_image]

Can't see the image
The mavic AC also has a toggle switch in the SD card bay that needs to be flicked to RC if your using a controller
2017-8-26
Use props
Peejay5340
lvl.1
Australia

lannes Posted at 2017-8-26 18:50
I assume you have activated the AC

I'd do the AC refresh from the start, that is shut down the DJI Assistant 2 app and open it again etc.

I believe that it has been activated. How can I check? When I first launched the app, it asked for a name etc. but it also wanted me to put in a phone number for mainland China (I am in Australia), so I skipped that step.
This is the screen image when
Mavic update 01.JPG
2017-8-26
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Peejay5340 Posted at 2017-8-26 19:39
I believe that it has been activated. How can I check? When I first launched the app, it asked for a name etc. but it also wanted me to put in a phone number for mainland China (I am in Australia), so I skipped that step.

The important thing with activation is that you sign into your DJI account, did you enter your account name ?

In the DJI assistant on the top right of the screen you should see your login name e.g email
2017-8-26
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Peejay5340 Posted at 2017-8-26 19:39

Can you post a picture of the firmware update page , the one that should have the option to select V01.03.1000, just can't understand why you are only on V01.03.0400
2017-8-26
Use props
Peejay5340
lvl.1
Australia

lannes Posted at 2017-8-26 19:45
The important thing with activation is that you sign into your DJI account, did you enter your account name ?

In the DJI assistant on the top right of the screen you should see your login name e.g email

Yes, I do sign in using my email address. Is there anywhere I can go to view my registration details?

I have now finally got the AC to start upgrading to 01.03.1000, but it gets to 44% each time, hangs for several minutes, and then fails to complete. I have tried it five times, same result each time. I thought I might try to download a fresh copy, but I don't know where the existing file is stored. Each time I run Assistant 2, it now goes straight to updating without downloading first, so I figure that the file exists somewhere. I think the problem I have is that the RC is on version 1000, and the AC is on version 0400, but won't upgrade. Is it possible to downgrade the RC to 0400?
2017-8-26
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

You could try uninstalling the DJI Assistant 2 and downloading/ installing it again.
Also try logging out of DJI Assistant 2, closing the program and then re-run and login again

Do you also have other upgrade option e.g versions before .1000  listed in the upgrade area ?
If you do try upgrading in sequence e.g .800 then .900 then .1000 etc..400 to .1000 might be too big a step

Also use a fully battery when doing the upgrade
2017-8-26
Use props
Peejay5340
lvl.1
Australia

lannes Posted at 2017-8-26 21:26
You could try uninstalling the DJI Assistant 2 and downloading/ installing it again.
Also try logging out of DJI Assistant 2, closing the program and then re-run and login again

No, there were only three options, all version 1000. I've tried each one in turn, but they all get to 44% and then fail with error 0x020106, whatever that means.
I have uninstalled a re-installed Assistant several times, as it is the only way I can get it to download again. Otherwise, it goes straight to "Updating".

2017-8-26
Use props
Peejay5340
lvl.1
Australia

Peejay5340 Posted at 2017-8-26 21:38
No, there were only three options, all version 1000. I've tried each one in turn, but they all get to 44% and then fail with error 0x020106, whatever that means.
I have uninstalled a re-installed Assistant several times, as it is the only way I can get it to download again. Otherwise, it goes straight to "Updating".

Could DJI Mindy or another admin please allow some more options on my account, as version 1000 refuses to install. My RC is now on 01.03.1000 but my AC is on 01.03.0400. My email address is proberts.peejay@gmail.com.
Thank you in advance.
2017-8-26
Use props
Peejay5340
lvl.1
Australia

Peejay5340 Posted at 2017-8-26 21:57
Could DJI Mindy or another admin please allow some more options on my account, as version 1000 refuses to install. My RC is now on 01.03.1000 but my AC is on 01.03.0400. My email address is .
Thank you in advance.

Update! I have a very low-powered (Celeron) laptop with an early version of Win 10. I only use it very occasionally. Anyway, I installed Assistant 2 on that laptop, hooked up the AC and ran the program. It reported the version as 0400, and offered me three download options, all version 1000. I selected the first, and it worked perfectly, first time around!

So, now everything is on version 1000, and the drone fired up immediately. The only difference I can think of is that my high-powered laptop has the latest version of Windows 10, the Celeron is only just after the free upgrade option was installed a year or so ago. It seems that the speed of the computer is less of a problem than the update level of Windows ten.

I've read so many other posts where both PC and Apple machines had been tried to no avail, so I wasn't really confident that it would work.

Thank you for your assistance. Let's go flying!
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Multirotorpodca Posted at 2017-8-22 22:50
Mindy, I would also like to try V01.03.0350. My account is . Mavic refusing to even begin accepting firmware after download in assistant 2. Bind button on aircraft is unresponsive, fans running constantly and .0800, .0900 and newest version all fail.

Tried formatting card, recording before upgrading, reinstalling Assistant 2, and am ready to set it on fire.

So sorry for the late response, please refer to the steps below to upgrade it via the DJI Assistant 2 again.
1. Log into your DJI account.
2.Upgrade the firmware V1.3.8.10 or V1.3.8.11.
3. Once it's done, please press the "Record" button on RC and make sure it's recording, then start to upgrade firmware to the latest one, it will be working.
2017-8-29
Use props
Nymestiza
New
United States

I just bought my mavic and am having the same problem updating my firmware. I'm really disappointed in the support for this issue so far on chat/phone. I can't fly because of a version mismatch.

RC 1.03.1000
AC 1.03.0400

I've tried installing the update via the app on my samsung s8, the assitant on window 10 and OS X 11 (Both failed with undefined errors 0x020103 and 0x020106).
I'm also seeing three updates with the same version but different releasee dates in my account.

CV2017-08-25-be1rct71p6.png

Can you please fix my account cvillar21 @gmail? I don't want to send my mavic in for repair without at least having tried to downgrade my RC and then upgrading to a version that is not 1.03.1000.  
2017-8-30
Use props
Silky
New
Australia

Hi, I had the same problem and after viewing all the posts and trying to upgrade many times using both the DGI Assistant 2 and the DJI Go phone app had same problem as you. I got it to upgrade by first pluuging in the usb to my controller and carrying out the upgrade to it using the DJI Assistant 2 and firmware V01.03.1000 which worked fine. I then tried the upgrade again using the AssistaNT 2 and plugged into the Drone with the Controller and phone powered up and connected and it all worked fine.  Hope this helps
2017-8-30
Use props
Silky
New
Australia

Hi, It sounds like I just went through exactly the same as you having bought the drone yesterday. I was on v01.03.0400 and trying to go to .1000. I finally succeeded by first plugging the usb into the controller only with the phone connected and carried out the upgrade using the Assistant 2. This worked fine and I then plugged into the Drone and repeated the exercise . It also worked this time and I'm now on V01.03.1000.
In the case of the Drone upgrade, I left the controller on and connected and the phone also but dont know if this made any difference?
Hope this helps
2017-8-30
Use props
Nymestiza
New
United States

Silky Posted at 2017-8-30 21:50
Hi, It sounds like I just went through exactly the same as you having bought the drone yesterday. I was on v01.03.0400 and trying to go to .1000. I finally succeeded by first plugging the usb into the controller only with the phone connected and carried out the upgrade using the Assistant 2. This worked fine and I then plugged into the Drone and repeated the exercise . It also worked this time and I'm now on V01.03.1000.
In the case of the Drone upgrade, I left the controller on and connected and the phone also but dont know if this made any difference?
Hope this helps

Thanks for the advice Silky, unfortunately, it didn't work for me.
2017-9-1
Use props
djiuser_tQFYE6b
New
Flight distance : 738 ft
Thailand

I'm also a beginner - tried for many many hours to upgrade firmware - no success ... until I read the manual which suggests doing it through DJI Assistant and also suggests doing the controller and the drone separately. It worked for me :-)
2017-9-2
Use props
jonzey
New
United States

Hey everyone:  
I'm having the exact same issue.  Tried to update to .1000 fw and the RC updated fine, but the AC will not.  I continue to get the I receive the error  'undefined 0x020106'.  It seems the RC updated ok, but the aircraft did not, resulting in a firmware mismatch that I can't seem to get past.  I can't take off (obviously) because the firmwares don't match, and I can't seem to get past.

I tried this both with both DJI assistant 2 and the iphone GO 4 app.  They both gave me the same error.  Unfortunately, I cannot downgrade either because the only firmware I have listed in the site is three versions (??) of .1000.

@DJI Mindy or another DJI Admin, could you please enable the  V01.03.0350, so I can attempt the fix you guys have responded with above?   I've been trying for over a week now to get this blasted thing to have the same versions of code across all the devices.  Help!

2017-9-2
Use props
Just J
New
Flight distance : 10400 ft
United States

Doing a firmware upgrade on a Mavic Pro delivered yesterday fails if I use the DJI Pro 4 app on my iPad, and has left the original battery bricked: The two middle lights are on, it can't be turned off, and if placed in the charging hub the hub's light turns red. I've tried updating the drone firmware with the battery installed using DJI Assistant 2 on my MacBook Pro, and it reports success, but the battery is still bricked.

How can I unblock my battery?

(Apologies for posting this in multiple threads, but as a new user the forum won't let me start a new thread to ask the question, and I want to make sure it is seen as this is a perfect weekend for flying.)
2017-9-2
Use props
Peejay5340
lvl.1
Australia

Nymestiza Posted at 2017-8-30 02:12
I just bought my mavic and am having the same problem updating my firmware. I'm really disappointed in the support for this issue so far on chat/phone. I can't fly because of a version mismatch.

RC 1.03.1000

Based on my experience documented above, the issue seems to either be with Windows 10 latest release, or the computer's USB drivers. I tried phone (S7) updates, separate RC/AC updates using Assistant 2, etc all weekend, but always using the same laptop. I eventually changed to a different laptop (Toshiba versus Asus) and the AC updated perfectly. The only difference was that the Toshiba did not have the latest Windows ten updates, and obviously had different USB drivers. Incidentally, it was a much lower powered laptop, so processor speed doesn't seem to be the problem.
2017-9-3
Use props
djiuser_tmA6eA4
New
Bulgaria

Hi, I bought my Mavic 5 days ago and it worked fine until i decided to update the firmware and it failed. I tried to upgrade, using dji assistant 2 connecting via usb the RC which was connected to the AC. It stucked on the 44% and failed and as a result now I have RC upgraded to 01.03.1000 and AC with 01.03.400 firmware and the AC cannot fly due to firmware mismatch. I tried to downgrade the RC to .550 but there was no option besides .1000. Can some DJI administrator put .550 to my account or help me to upgrade everything to .1000. My account is minkovi2011@gmail.com. I then tried the same procedure with different computers and operating systems including Mac. Tried with dji go 4 but it stucked on the 69% and failed. All of this happened because I wanted to put the same firmware on my AC, RC and Goggles. When I bought the whole set the AC was on .400, the RC - on .550 and the Goggles - on .900 and they couldn't control the gimbal yaw in head tracking. I would appreciate any help especially from some dji administrator.
Thank you
2017-9-6
Use props
DJ Nee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84610 ft
Australia

Yikes...I'm scared!
I'm getting my Mavic tomorrow for my birthday and after reading all of this I'm really unsure what to do.
Is the problem down to just Windows 10 drivers as I'm on Windows 7...so it should update ok?
Also, I'm not sure which firmware it has already on it, but if I choose not to update it, are there any versions that I'm best not flying with, or are they all generally considered safe!?

I'm going to be gutted if I can't use it tomorrow...and I'm shocked that I'm even having to come here to ask for help before I've even opened the thing!
I've read about some beta downgrade to version .350 and then upgrade from that, butting seems that you have to specifically request it from them?
Help! Unsure what to do here
2017-9-6
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
China

hdoria Posted at 2017-7-2 05:03
Hi DJI,

My account is hugodoria at gmail.com . I send all the reports from the Dji App for iOS.

have you tried to update from another internet connection?  Like not do it at home etc.
2017-9-6
Use props
Minkovi2011
New
Bulgaria

Hi guys,I managed to update finally. That is how. I went to the store where i bought Mavic from. The guy there  attached the drone to his PC - old HP and for 10 minutes everything was ok. No Stuck on the 44%, no Firmware mismatch anymore. He told me that he has downloaded DJi Assistant 2 from Goggles site so I checked and it turned out that the version of Assistant there is v.1.1.1. In the Mavic site it was v.1.1.2-2 or something. I've just noticed that Dji team has changed the version in the Mavic site to 1.1.6. Maybe they also have noticed that 1.1.2 has some problems. I hope this info helps somebody with difficulties to update from .400 to .1000.
2017-9-7
Use props
Peejay5340
lvl.1
Australia

DJ Nee Posted at 2017-9-6 22:10
Yikes...I'm scared!
I'm getting my Mavic tomorrow for my birthday and after reading all of this I'm really unsure what to do.
Is the problem down to just Windows 10 drivers as I'm on Windows 7...so it should update ok?

You are right to be scared. My son also was looking forward to flying his MP straight out of the box, but, when the phone app indicated that there was a later version of the firmware, he (foolishly) elected to bring it up to the latest version. That's when the trouble started, and it took a whole weekend and many, many tries to re-align the versions.
My advice would be to ignore the upgrade message when you fire up the app until you have gained some flight experience. Maybe by then, the installation glitches will be resolved.
2017-9-7
Use props
Peejay5340
lvl.1
Australia

Minkovi2011 Posted at 2017-9-7 07:52
Hi guys,I managed to update finally. That is how. I went to the store where i bought Mavic from. The guy there  attached the drone to his PC - old HP and for 10 minutes everything was ok. No Stuck on the 44%, no Firmware mismatch anymore. He told me that he has downloaded DJi Assistant 2 from Goggles site so I checked and it turned out that the version of Assistant there is v.1.1.1. In the Mavic site it was v.1.1.2-2 or something. I've just noticed that Dji team has changed the version in the Mavic site to 1.1.6. Maybe they also have noticed that 1.1.2 has some problems. I hope this info helps somebody with difficulties to update from .400 to .1000.

It may be the different Assistant 2 version, but it is just as likely to be the fact that he has an old HP with stable drivers.  Unfortunately, the installation seems to be too dependent on the USB drivers or OS of the PC you use.
2017-9-7
Use props
gerflying
New
Germany

I have the exact same problem with my mavic. The update stuck at 71% on the Dji Go 4 app. On the dji assistant app it stuck at 44%. The upgrade on the rc was totally fine. But the aircraft keeps failing at the firmware update. The aircraft is in .400 and I try to update on .1000. I have only on .1000 firmware tab in my dji assistant ui.

When I click on the release notes I get only a blank page. Any suggestion? My email is ivan.derr@live.de
2017-9-9
Use props
Web Merlin
New
Australia

DJ Nee Posted at 2017-9-6 22:10
Yikes...I'm scared!

Don't update it! I have had the same problem as everyone else and only had my Mavic for 2 months. I have latest Apple phone, iPad and laptop and have .0400 on AC and .0900 on RC.Still flies fine but I'm not updating till I get DJI to make the .0350 version available for me to upgrade my aircraft. Otherwise I'll be bricked like everyone else here.
2017-9-11
Use props
gustofusion
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy  Having the same problem. Currently on .400 and when I try to update to the latest 1000 fails, have tried many many times via dji go4 app and assistant. can you add the downgrade V01.03.0350 to my account so I can downgrade then do the update as outlined above please. very frustrating and don't want to risk my craft with old firmware. hypedphoto@gmail.com   is my account with dji  Thanks.
2017-9-27
Use props
HL76
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6129 ft
Australia

I also had the same problem. I try to update tp .400 and always stuck at 57% using Assistant. I just received my Mavic Pro yesterday. My email is hendri.eddy@gmail.com
2017-11-1
Use props
Peejay5340
lvl.1
Australia

HL76 Posted at 2017-11-1 07:45
I also had the same problem. I try to update tp .400 and always stuck at 57% using Assistant. I just received my Mavic Pro yesterday. My email is hendri.eddy@gmail.com

Have you tried any of the other solutions above? I was one of the "victims", but ran from a different laptop and it worked. It seems to be very USB driver specific.
2017-11-1
Use props
HL76
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6129 ft
Australia

Peejay5340 Posted at 2017-11-1 19:21
Have you tried any of the other solutions above? I was one of the "victims", but ran from a different laptop and it worked. It seems to be very USB driver specific.

I don't have another computer, I have tried using my DJI4Pro with ipad, Note8 or Tab S2. All failed to upgrade. Maybe I need to try with my friend's laptop.
2017-11-1
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules