Lets just clear this up now
1944 53 2017-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

It's the ruling itself.  All you need is the ability to read comprehensively.  
2017-7-5
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-7-5 06:26
It's the ruling itself.  All you need is the ability to read comprehensively.

So your saying that it doesnt say that, it implies it? Yeah that will hold up, no problem. "Yes your Honor, thats kind of in a round about way what they wanted to say but didnt actually say." Id love to be in that court room
2017-7-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

No, sir.  What I'm saying there are some people in this world that are incapable of understanding what they've read.  An example would be earlier in the thread where somebody missed the word "nationwide" after reading Sec 336 (a) (2).  

In this case, with the assumption you've actually read Part 101 since it is you who has started the thread, the phrase meets all of the following conditions. is the key phrase.  The word "all" is the key word.  

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/tex ... ;node=14:2.0.1.3.15

2017-7-5
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Here ya go, the rules I follow from a CBO (pay special attention to rule number 5):

Drone User Group Network Safety Code

This document sets out the safety guidelines for the Drone Users Group Network community. Our goal with this document is to provide guidelines that are easy to follow, and that prioritize safety, while allowing people to enjoy the full recreational, artistic, educational, and scientific benefits of drone technology. A “drone” is a type of model aircraft, typically but not always a multi-rotor model, and often carries a camera.

General Guidelines

Never fly your drone in a careless or reckless manner.

Never interfere with, and always give way to, any manned aircraft.

Do not fly your drone near major wildfires or other emergencies where manned traffic (such as air ambulances and water-drop aircraft) may be responding to the situation, without first coordinating with officials.

Before each flight, make sure your drone is in good operating condition with all propellers tightened and undamaged.

Novice pilots

For your first two hours of flight time with your first drone, only fly in open areas, well away from people, buildings, and cars, and keep the drone below 200 feet above-ground-level and within 500 horizontal feet of yourself. Focus on learning how to fly with the camera pointed towards you, which will make it seem like the drone’s flight controls are reversed. (Very small “toy” drones may be flown indoors and count towards the two hours of flight time.) Consulting with an experienced drone user as you learn to fly is recommended but not required.

Distance offset

Do not fly your drone closer than five feet laterally from spectators. (Very small “toy” drones may be flown closer with the consent of the spectator(s).)

Overflight of people

Do not fly a drone weighing more than 4 pounds directly over an unprotected person other than yourself. For drones that weigh 4 pounds or less, do not fly directly over unprotected people who have not expressly consented to the overflight. Overflight should only be conducted once you are experienced with, and confident in, the equipment you are using. The duration of any overflight of unprotected people should be minimized.

Maximum Altitude

Keep your drone below 400 feet above-ground-level (AGL) or below 400 feet above the top of a structure that you are flying over. In locations with sparse manned air traffic, and when visibility is excellent, you may exceed 400 feet AGL with the assistance of a spotter who continually scans the airspace in all directions to report to you any approaching air traffic.

Autonomous flight modes

Autonomous or self-piloting flight modes (such as follow-me, waypoint navigation, and GPS-guided orbital flight paths) should only be engaged if there is an override ability. When using such modes in a location where there may be manned air traffic, you or an assistant must always maintain the ability to engage the override and resume direct control of the drone. Failsafe modes such as automatic return-to-home are exempt from this guideline.

Outdoor First Person View operations

When flying outdoors, you must keep your drone within the distance limitation of your visual line of sight. Long-range FPV is not permitted. If wearing video goggles (or similar devices that block your view of the surrounding airspace) when flying outdoors, you must have another person act as a spotter to monitor the airspace for any manned air traffic and notify you about how to not interfere with and give way to any manned aircraft. However, if you keep your drone’s flight below the top of nearby buildings, structures, or trees, or to very low altitudes such as a drone race course, you are not required to have a spotter to monitor the airspace. Flight through obstacle-filled environments (such as forests) while wearing goggles is permitted without a spotter provided that you ensure in advance that the location is clear of people.

Night operations

Only fly your drone at night if the drone is equipped with lights sufficient for you to see the orientation and flight direction of the drone. Prior to your flight at night, check for obstacles that may not be easily seen in the dark.

Assistance in emergencies

A DUGN member may assist fire departments and other emergency responders as a volunteer without compensation, and such activities to help people in need are considered to be within the programming of DUGN. Such assistance should always be subject to the supervision and direction of the incident commander or other official in charge of the emergency response. Do not fly your own rescue missions if there may be emergency responders using manned aircraft, or if your flight could distract the emergency workers on the ground.

Regulations

These Safety Guidelines are independent from any regulatory or legal requirements for drone operation in your flight location. It is each drone user’s responsibility to learn and comply with applicable laws.

Safety is everyone’s responsibility. As a member of the DUGN community, you are a representative of this technology to the public. A violation of any of these Safety Guidelines is grounds for termination of membership without refund.

READ IT AND WEEP BUDDY! So what was that about I made up flying 400 ft above structures?
Ill wait for your apology.

http://droneusergroup.net/legal/safety-code/
2017-7-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Apologize for what?  I asked you three days ago to characterize your Part 101 flight example with a CBO safety code and you're finally providing one today - forty-four posts into the thread?  For that I owe you an apology?  I don't understand.

Okay, so you're saying your CBO is DUGN and it's their safety code that you adhere to.  Is this correct?

Are you sure DUGN is recognized as a qualified CBO and that the safety code is recognized by those who matter (i.e. FAA and Congress)?  Do you have a link or source?    
2017-7-5
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

You said that I made up the fact that hobbyists can fly 400ft above structures as if I was lying and giving false information. You called me a liar. I certainly think that calls for an apology.
2017-7-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

I asked where were you getting the info and that you were making it up.  I said you adamantly refused to provide CBO safety code info.  I said it three says ago and it was true.  
2017-7-5
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Ok, so your not gonna man up and apologize for calling me a liar, thats fine. I didnt expect you would. Will you admit that my original comment concerning the overflight of structures is correct?
2017-7-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

You did not say hobbyists can fly 400 ft over structures.  You said Part 101 hobbyists can.  There's a difference.

Obviously the reason you waited three days to post about DUGN is because you just found it with google today.  

Why would I apologize for calling you a liar?  I never called you a liar.  But I'll call you one now if you'd like.  You are a liar.  You're lying by claiming DUGN's safety code was the one you adhered to when you wrote the OP when I know you just found DUGN with google today.  If you're trying to say you're not lying, that makes you a double liar.  

Again - we have the reading comprehension problem.  You are ignoring post #45.  
2017-7-5
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-7-5 13:09
You did not say hobbyists can fly 400 ft over structures.  You said Part 101 hobbyists can.  There's a difference.

Obviously the reason you waited three days to post about DUGN is because you just found it with google today.  

You are absolutely right, I did just find out about DUG today but I never said that I wrote the original post according to their rules. I was previously flying under this dfs''s rules (i go back and forth depending on the circumstances. Yesterday it was under the dfs organizations rules (https://www.facebook.com/groups/offcialcbo/) today its the DUG, tomorrow it may be the RCAPA (yeah their defunct but who says it has to be a current cbo?) You can get more info on the dfs and their rules here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... -Based-Organization

You should really be careful who you call a lier. Everybody's not as nice about it as I am. There are some crazy people out they're who do crazy things.
2017-7-5
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

DFS's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/offcialcbo/
2017-7-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

I'm trying to follow you but you keep going off on these tangents.  

I'm interested in the topic.  That would be your OP.  We're approaching four days now.  What CBO Safety code did you mean to adhere to in the example flight in the OP?  I've asked this question at least a dozen times.  

If you say "DFS" then I know you are lying.  If you say "RCAPA" then I know you are lying.  If you say "DUGN" then I know you are lying.  You know how I know?  Because it's been four days and you haven't mentioned them until just now.  You found them all with google today.  In addition, it's already been established that you are a liar when you asked for me to apologize for calling you a liar.

Did you know DFS only has 146 members?  You really think Congress will accept a 146 member CBO with a url that doesn't work as a nationwide CBO?  Do you have any idea how crazy you are?!?!?

The truth is, you didn't have a safety code in mind.  That's why we've spent four days trying to get you to tell us what CBO Safety code you meant to use.  And that's why - today - you keep tossing out new and different ones by the hour.  

Bottom line:  Your flight example as described in the OP was not a Part 101 flight and this thread, for all intents and purposes, is dead.  

If you'd like to make a new thread describing a Part 101 flight that is legitimate, maybe there is a chance the thread could be constructive, but I strongly doubt you're capable of managing the task.

2017-7-5
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-7-5 16:22
I'm trying to follow you but you keep going off on these tangents.  

I'm interested in the topic.  That would be your OP.  We're approaching four days now.  What CBO Safety code did you mean to adhere to in the example flight in the OP?  I've asked this question at least a dozen times.  

Jesus Christ man, did you even read the page I posted the link too? If you couldnt tell that its a joke by the name DFS "Dont Fly Stupid" then you must be autistic or something and take everything you read literally. Im done here. Ive proven my point, I was right and thats all that really matters. Moving on...................
2017-7-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

DUGN is not a nationwide CBO.  

Even if it was, we don't know if their Safety Code would be accepted by FAA and Congress but as of right now it is not.

Here's a statement issued from DUGN:  The FAA currently only recognizes The Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) as a CBO in regards to rules for hobbyist use of UAS.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ZGZQ6X6

Here is a statement by a U.S. Drone attorney via his web page citing current U.S. Drone Law:  At this writing, the only nationwide community-based organization (“CBO”), the FAA has acknowledged by name, (by referring to it in a footnote to its June 2014 Interpretation of the Special Rule for Model Aircraft), is the Academy of Model Aeronautics (the “AMA”). Therefore ...you must follow the AMA’s Safety Code.

http://dronelawjournal.com/model-aircraft-operations/

Since the OP wants to use DUGN's safety code, the flight example described by the OP is not a Part 101 flight.  It is a Part 107 flight.

This thread is dead.

2017-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules