Spark from the sky
1774 12 2017-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SaintPaul
New
Australia

Day 3 of my new Spark, took for a fly today.
Battery was full, using the remote controller in normal mode.  I was in a nice open area.
I flew it up to a height of 67m and it was about 30m away.  I was showing a mate and the motors could still be heard.  
Just hovering in place and I was about to take a photo.  Suddenly I couldn't hear the motors and I looked up and down it was falling.
Battery was full and had good signal strength and GPS signal.  The motors just stopped.  Wasnt touching any of the sticks or anything.
Amazingly it had no physical damage to the motor arms or the gimbal or camera. However.....
Sadly it now has 4 red LEDs and errors in the app saying navigation errors and unable to fly.
Now waiting for a reply from DJI to my email and how to send them the flight logs.
Only 37m of flight time total
2017-7-1
Use props
fansdf9f8924
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80951 ft
United Kingdom

I was just out flying mine only had it a few days as well and it was about 4 m up and 20 away and it also just fell out the sky!!! Battery was at 50 % and when I picked it up the spark was completely switched off . I powered it back on and it came up with a low battery message still saying there was 25% . I was lucky as there was no damage a part from to my confidence in the spark .
2017-7-2
Use props
SaintPaul
New
Australia

When I took off I had a fully charged battery and the flight only lasted 1min 22 secs or so.
When I turned the drone back on it said it still had 90% battery life
2017-7-2
Use props
jN3Gxz6w6vIq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5538 ft
United States

Same thing just happened to my Spark, fully charged battery in the air for maybe 3 minutes using RC, and totally cut off and fell from the sky. Lucky I wasn't high and it fell onto soft ground, no damage, but in the process of sending the logs and demanding a refund as I now have zero confidence in the safety of this drone.
2017-7-2
Use props
SaintPaul
New
Australia

Sounds like the Go Pro Karma all over again
2017-7-2
Use props
jN3Gxz6w6vIq
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5538 ft
United States

jN3Gxz6w6vIq Posted at 2017-7-2 16:59
Same thing just happened to my Spark, fully charged battery in the air for maybe 3 minutes using RC, and totally cut off and fell from the sky. Lucky I wasn't high and it fell onto soft ground, no damage, but in the process of sending the logs and demanding a refund as I now have zero confidence in the safety of this drone.

here's the link to my black box data: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hsxs2z ... lack%20Box.zip?dl=0
2017-7-3
Use props
fansfa02e076
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1538845 ft
United States

jN3Gxz6w6vIq Posted at 2017-7-2 16:59

Same thing happened to me but over a lake. Unable to retrieve drone. Who do we contact at DJI to check the logs and possibly warranty?
2017-7-3
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

No aircraft no warranty...sry
2017-7-3
Use props
BriRi
lvl.2
United States

Szwedu Posted at 2017-7-3 14:09
No aircraft no warranty...sry

Incorrect ^.... No aircraft = no Refresh.... Warranty CAN/WILL replace after reviewing my logs.... many others have had replacement in this situation.... Just need to know which DJI customer service/repair/other to open my case with.

Anyone?
2017-7-3
Use props
Feiyau.lim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398274 ft
Malaysia

had a similar situation few days ago but luckily managed to recover it. It just descended quickly after disconnected with no warnings about 70m away at height of 60m. Sent logs to DJi awaiting feedback.  https://dji.zendesk.com/hc/requests/610972
2017-7-3
Use props
QHovey
lvl.2
United States

Question to everyone who's seemingly had the battery indicator lie to them, was it a new battery?

I'm not an expert in what kind of battery tech DJI is using, but some systems need a full cycle to calibrate the battery sensors. I know DJI ships batteries in hibernation mode, and requests that you fully charge them before use. This sounds like a calibration system. If it's not the first flight, then maybe the calibration got totally jacked, and the indicator started lying. If it was the first flight, then DJI needs to figure out a way to correct the initial charge calibration system so that it isnt dropping drones out of the sky.
2017-7-3
Use props
SaintPaul
New
Australia

Hopefully this works and is the right data.  It doesn't seem to show alot about the crash though.  One minute its at 69m and then nothing

http://app.airdata.com/main?share=LuSxub
2017-7-3
Use props
BriRi
lvl.2
United States

QHovey Posted at 2017-7-3 16:16
Question to everyone who's seemingly had the battery indicator lie to them, was it a new battery?

I'm not an expert in what kind of battery tech DJI is using, but some systems need a full cycle to calibrate the battery sensors. I know DJI ships batteries in hibernation mode, and requests that you fully charge them before use. This sounds like a calibration system. If it's not the first flight, then maybe the calibration got totally jacked, and the indicator started lying. If it was the first flight, then DJI needs to figure out a way to correct the initial charge calibration system so that it isnt dropping drones out of the sky.

It's not the indicator. It seems to be battery failure which shuts off all 4 engines.

My battery was a new one that I ordered from Advexure. It was 3 minutes into its third flight when it appears to have shut off. I have 5 batteries and hadn't had any issues up until this flight.
2017-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules