3218 5 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8c23e861
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24744 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all.

Travelling to TURKEY from the UK next week.

Staying at a beach near Olu Deniz / Dalaman and desperate to take my Mavic with me.

Some people say you need to register your Mavic, some people say you don't - and apparently only TURKISH citizens can register their drones to fly. Does anyone have any experience with DRONING in Turkey?

I have found this on a website, which means the Mavic is excluded from registration:

''Model Aircraft (unmanned aerial vehicles, which can be used outdoors, and maximum take-off mass/weight of which is not more than 20 kilograms, and which have no autonomous flight capability, and which are flown within the field of vision of the user, and which are used only for sports and entertainment purposes); and any flyable toys or vehicles, which have been manufactured in order to be used at indoors; as well as UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle), maximum take-off mass/weight (MTOM/MTOW) of which is less than 4 kg, and maximum speed of which is less than 50 km per hour, and maximum altitude of which is not more than 100 meters to the ground, are excluded from the scope of this instruction.''

So am I correct in saying the Mavic is fine to take and use in Turkey?!

Thanks.
2017-7-2
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I'm planning a trip to Capppadocia later this year, and am curious to know myself.
2017-7-2
Use props
cozbatur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183018 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Honestly it's fine tp take and use in Turkey. Avoid flying on the crowded place and bother the people, that's all. Maybe you can need a special permission from the land owner of the place you fly away an landed. Turkish laws says, if it's less than 1.5 Kgs you do not need a permission but a registration.  They actually wants to know you if mavick destroys something. Also all flying zone restrictions are valid of course.
2017-7-3
Use props
cozbatur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183018 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-2 04:02
I'm planning a trip to Capppadocia later this year, and am curious to know myself.

Cappodocia is another issue, beause there are hot air balloons there. So, you may asked to the hotel you will stay and maybe you need to get a permission to fly.
2017-7-3
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

cozbatur Posted at 2017-7-3 04:04
Cappodocia is another issue, beause there are hot air balloons there. So, you may asked to the hotel you will stay and maybe you need to get a permission to fly.

The balloons only fly early morning. After 8am you'll be fine. You'll get some aerial shots on the balloon flight anyway>
2017-7-3
Use props
Borce Apostolovski-Bokun
New

United Kingdom

Is not allowed for people who don't have citizenship, don't risk you can lose your drone if they want to take it from you on border control
2023-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules