Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI - Lets Talk About Active Track
989 4 2017-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneX4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 180584 ft
Canada

So I had a chance to use active track over the weekend to track my boat and noticed a couple of major issues:

1. Using the phone as a controller, the Spark only tracks for 100m and then stops. Seriously? Why would anyone only want to track 100m? This needs to be addressed. I know some of you are going to say "but if you had the controller you wouldn't have that limitation" but that is not the point. I have a mavic that I can use the controller for and go long distances etc.. the Spark I have for keeping within 100m of me, I don't have any use for the spark controller. So if the spark is in active track mode, it should not be relying on the homepoint distance to stop tracking. It should stop tracking when I tell it to, or loses the object it is tracking. I think this is a huge oversight by DJI, the spark is not 100m from the controller (maybe 20 or 30m at all times) so why the home point limitation? Hopefully there is a solution to this. Do they expect people to stop every 100m and reset the home point, put it back in active track and keep going? Why? This really takes away from the usefullness of the drone and there is no real need for this type of limitation. It is just hindering what could be a fantastic feature.

2. Spotlight mode is not included? Well you can essentially use spotlight mode by drag a box or tap to track and then don't click go as it will start tracking you from it's position and not enter trace or profile mode. Again no real need for not including the icon in DJI GO 4, just make it consistent.

What do you guys think?

2017-7-2
Use props
Zerohack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 152566 ft
Italy

i think that is a problem. 100m are a big limitation for active track. i use it for MTB in mountain
2017-7-2
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

They are just need to implement „auto set dynamic homepoint every sec.“ and active track will work as it should. I also mentioned this on the „customer feedback“ thread.
2017-7-2
Use props
MEMYSELFANDI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 444921 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Totally agree with you !!!!!!!!!
2017-7-2
Use props
fansc63329a8
lvl.1